British Speedway Forum

, as unfortunately due to lack of investment to help British riders over the years we have not enough British riders to fill the teams.

Allthough a good point,im not sure its all down to investment,i hate to say it but the Aussies seem to have the right winning mentality that seems to have been eradicated in the UK by Guardian reading bearded loons,who seem to think competative sport is wrong

Investment helps yes,but i know for a fact that, for example, Ryan Douglas rides an engine that cost 1k from a from National league rider who couldnt make it go

Just hope the UKBA show some sense and let riders of ability come and race here!

• Like 2

What the British riders need is for the powers that be to inject some fire in their belly's, maybe the BSPA could negotiate with Motorcycle Australia that as the UK has "Trained" up most of their top riders over recent years that perhaps about a dozen of our bright prospects could be invited to Australia for a test series of England v Australia with the full backing of the BSPA and the SCB, it didn't do any harm to the likes of Dave Jessup, John Louis and so on.

The only way to find a star is to put them in the position to prove that have the little round things to grab the chance

• Like 3

I've read the above posts, and this isn't answer to anyone really but as I see British speedway; Its crying out for British riders to get to the top, be good enough to give us fans something to shout about, to be able to compete with the best in the world.. We've got to look after our own first, which doesn't happen! In the seventies we had loads of top riders. Without top riders watch our speedway go down the pan! Look at the old DVDs and take note of the crowds.

• Like 6

I've read the above posts, and this isn't answer to anyone really but as I see British speedway; Its crying out for British riders to get to the top, be good enough to give us fans something to shout about, to be able to compete with the best in the world.. We've got to look after our own first, which doesn't happen! In the seventies we had loads of top riders. Without top riders watch our speedway go down the pan! Look at the old DVDs and take note of the crowds.

I agree with you all the way but Aussie tours by young England riders did well years back.

But the UK has been and always will be the training ground for the rest of the world, and when the European riders reached the top of their trade they dumped England like a bad smell.

But look at the riders that have been “trained” in the UK but have never made progress but where still employed various promoters thus shutting the English riders out in the cold.

Speedway is not an easy sport in any sense of the word, there are riders that are knocking on the door of being a true star but nobody is answering the door, it just seems that if their name doesn’t end in “ske” or “ssen” then they stand no chance of making it big in speedway.

In my opinion it is about time that European countries and Australia pay back the debt and offer our youngsters some skids and even a team trial, you owe the UK now pay up

I refer you to your post #438 on the Edinburgh 2015 thread. :P;)

Hmmm - it's a struggle without the post numbers on my phone!

Post referred to:-

Alex must be losing his touch.

:P

• Like 1

You know me, always happy to help :P;)

Jack HOlder tweeted this morning at 04:00 that he is not a Rebel anymore... Take it you will be on the lookout for a new rider then.

So if he is coming over to race over here then that leaves Plymouth, Newcastle, Glasgow or Berwick who can fit the lad into their team for the start of the season.

My guess is that Plymouth could well be the favourites to get his signature.

So if he is coming over to race over here then that leaves Plymouth, Newcastle, Glasgow or Berwick who can fit the lad into their team for the start of the season.

Yeah because if i understand correctly his average is 7.00

If he gets a work permit you mean....has the lad actually finished in top 3 in state titles???

If he gets a work permit you mean....has the lad actually finished in top 3 in state titles???

I thought that they had to finish in the top 8, or has their been another change in the rules.

I thought that they had to finish in the top 8, or has their been another change in the rules.

Not sure to be honest...for some reason i thought it was top 3..could be wrong tho!

• Like 1

Not sure to be honest...for some reason i thought it was top 3..could be wrong tho!

To be fair I am not too sure myself. its a minefield for Aussies to get over here.

Which find a bit irksome to be honest when you consider how they appear to far more loyal to British speedway than any other speedway nation.

• Like 1

Yeah because if i understand correctly his average is 7.00

Presumably his visa application will need a new club 'sponsor' unless the BSPA authorise it?!

If his average is assessed at 7.00 for a PL club - what if an EL club took a risk with him, what would the average be then?? 4.20 ? (7 x 0.6)?

Or for example would it be like Milik at Poole this year on 4.00, or even lower?

Edited by Skidder1