British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
canalman

Coventry Track

Sorry Iv,e not answered you Gemini I have been pretty busy doing my proper job driving trucks for Disney . The Trackman is listed in the Programme and I think that Colin has some input into the prep but he wasn,t responsible for the N/L Fours as he was away on personal buisiness all weekend .As you can see from the time on this post I have only just got in my house been out working since 3 pm Tuesday .I offered to help out only on race nights and on the Sunday for the 4 team .The Track was put in during the week but I don,t know who did it and I only discovered the 3 rd bend problem when I was sweeping the water off parts of both bends Sunday about 12.30 I put some fresh shale on both bends to blind in the inside part of both bends where they were wet .but after grading in and out the soft patch became apparent outside of the new stuff I had already put on .After talking with the Ref and Chris Louis it was decided to try and grade in reverse to lift off as much soft stuff as possible then run the wheel and grader around to try and improve the situation.We then added the cement dust and I am pretty sure that surface did start to dry off .On the day overall I don,t think that there were many falls or problems on bend 3 the riders were having trouble with bend 2 but there were no apparent problems with this corner so you will have to ask the riders why .As regards the Friday night moving of the Play Off 2nd leg Final I totally agree we have done a change over from Speedway to Stox on first week of the month for years and I was very sorry for Storm Fans who missed out on seeing the 2nd leg on their home track and defitnately didn,t agree it going to Leicester as Cradley were basically given it on a plate with Clegg and Perry being home lions riders .Was this another Fordgate scandal ??. Think I will go get some sleep now as I,m back to work this afternoon at 4 pm also after my last statement I will go and look for my Tin Hat Byeeee. :oops:

lambert and sarj rode for Leicester in the premier league,dan rode for them in the national trophy(impressed with dan that night) so how you can say " given it on a plate" I don't know.

Really enjoyable meeting,great racing,well done to all the riders and all three sets of managment for getting the final on.

lambert and sarj rode for Leicester in the premier league,dan rode for them in the national trophy(impressed with dan that night) so how you can say " given it on a plate" I don't know.

Really enjoyable meeting,great racing,well done to all the riders and all three sets of managment for getting the final on.

My statement refers to the fact that Max Clegg and Tom Perry were in the Elite League with Leics and although James Serjeant rides in the E/L for the Bees it is no secret that he has never ridden well at Beaumont Park and Dan Greenwood as you say rode in the Trophy which as everyone knows is 2 divisions below the E/L .which is why I think the Storm didn,t get a level playing field for their leg .But we shall never know

• Like 1

Any chance the stadium re - hiring the previous track curator? Let's hope if they employ a new guy they actually check his credentials!

Which previous track curator do you mean? I think the previous one to this one, whoever he is, was the Polish chap and we don't want him back again thanks. :lol:

Incidentally FTM says his name is in the programme so if you have one can you say on here who it is because I don't buy a programme these days as I'm supposed to be getting rid of any unneccesary junk not adding to it.

The Guy's name is Steve Austin according to the bees website. He certainly doesn't appear to be any six million dollar man though. :D

• Like 2

Thanks Dave. Never heard of him but he must be doing his best to help Sandhu shut the place down.

Thanks Dave. Never heard of him but he must be doing his best to help Sandhu shut the place down.

I agree, the ever changing curfew together with the unpredictable track conditions certainly look like a plot to undermine the current speedway promotion.

I agree, the ever changing curfew together with the unpredictable track conditions certainly look like a plot to undermine the current speedway promotion.

I'm not sure the current promotion need any help in that department to be honest. ;)

• Like 1

Unfortunately for Steve his name is in the programme as he is the curator for the Dogs but you are miles away with your comment ref: shutting the place down He isn,t responsible for the decisions regarding Speedway track prep .I am not going to say anymore on the Subject as it could cause problems for me helping out next season if needed ..Sorry Gem xx

I know you are a well travelled speedway fan and promoters should be taking notice of what you and I say but they won't (with one or two exceptions) and then they wonder why fans stay away.

Edited for a spelling mistake.

They should listen to every speedway fan.

Too often, I get the impression that they don't.

• Like 1

Unfortunately for Steve his name is in the programme as he is the curator for the Dogs but you are miles away with your comment ref: shutting the place down He isn,t responsible for the decisions regarding Speedway track prep .I am not going to say anymore on the Subject as it could cause problems for me helping out next season if needed ..Sorry Gem xx

I find that a rather odd reply. You stated in an earlier post that the trackmans name was in the programme, but now you are suggesting he isn't the man.

I wonder why all the secrecy?

The guy who did it previously had a Polish surname but wasn't the taxi driver. His first name escapes me too. Steve Austin is the assistant I believe.

The guy who did it previously had a Polish surname but wasn't the taxi driver. His first name escapes me too. Steve Austin is the assistant I believe.

woz01 I am the guy who did the track before the new polish guy took over and I will say I did not get the track right always, but I always putt 100% into doing the job you ask any of the top track guys doc, buster ect they will tell you you don't always get tracks right. I have kept quiet all season but have seen and read all about the track this year. hope that helps. terry

Edited by tsc1
  • Like 2

Thanks Terry. Are you allowed to say who has been doing it for the past few months since the Polish chap went? It doesn't seem to be Steve Austin although he is apparently named in the programme as being the track curator.

Edited by Gemini

woz01 I am the guy who did the track before the new polish guy took over and I will say I did not get the track right always, but I always putt 100% into doing the job you ask any of the top track guys doc, buster ect they will tell you you don't always get tracks right. I have kept quiet all season but have seen and read all about the track this year. hope that helps. terry

I was just about to post I thought your name was Terry. I agree tracks can't always be perfect but I'd take you back asap.

• Like 1