British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Your Views Please

Yes with Derek sneddon retiring there is a good chance there will be no Scots racing pl next year. Very disappointing.

Agree with paulco and Scotsman forcing two youngster to have to come to Edinburgh or Glasgow will not do rider or club any good. There have been a few that have tried but if you are struggling it is a long journey.

Of course the promotion could pay them a decent mileage allowance.

I think everyone would love to see more British riders getting team places in the Premier League especially youngsters.

But like our Scottish friends have said attracting younger rider to clubs near the and pass the Border is easier said than done.

Looking at my own club, over the last 10 seasons, the club has used 40 different riders only 16 of those were Non British.

Which I think is not a bad record over the years.

Hasn't really happened in the past.

In the early days of 2nd division a lot of Berwick riders just starting their career came from East Anglia ,Graham Jones,Rob Hollingworth Denny Morter,Dennis Jackson to name a few.Travelling in those days was much more time consuming than today.Too many young riders want it on a plate nowadays.Most wanting silly money for what they have achieved in the sport IMO .
  • Like 1