British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAudi

Edinburgh 2015.

Can't blame Cook for going back to Edinburgh

He seems to be another one of the King, Barker and Stead type that will be a very good PL rider and a decent EL rider

It would be nice to see our Brits get a chance on the continent to improve themselves but you can't really blame any of the teams for not giving them a chance Brits on the whole seem to struggle on the continent bar a few and considering how good the young Poles, Danes and Swedes are I can understand why they don't get team places.

• Like 1

Ah but what a level.

Unbeatable at Rough Park.

that depend's on if he gates or not, (he usually does like),,, :-)

Ah but what a level.

Unbeatable at Rough Park.

Indeed, it will probably be the crowing achievement on his Speedway CV. Beating the same riders in the PL won't win him a world title, no matter how competent he is at doing it. Might also be why he has a lack of interest from foreign teams - would you sign a rider who seems content to stay in the lower leagues?

Indeed, it will probably be the crowing achievement on his Speedway CV. Beating the same riders in the PL won't win him a world title, no matter how competent he is at doing it. Might also be why he has a lack of interest from foreign teams - would you sign a rider who seems content to stay in the lower leagues?

I thought he had signed for a Polish team?

cook is just a jason doyle wannabe

you do write some wierd things.

but yes in a nutshell Cook isnt in Doyles class

Yet he arguably was a couple of seasons ago, I remember him beating Doyle from the back on his own circuit on Sky. Just shows what leaving the PL behind once you have conquered it can do for a rider.

• Like 1

If you want to full time then you need that foreign contract to progress and if you don't get that contract then to get enough meetings you need the premier league. The elite used to be the logical step. Loads of meetings on a regular basis against world class opposition, unfortunTely the elite league is no longer that. Where do riders go? Who would give relatively unproven guys that chance? It's a double edged sword.

Why do Barker, King, Stead and Kennet not get the same crap Cookie gets for riding in the premier league!?!

Baffles me, that!

• Like 3

Why do Barker, King, Stead and Kennet not get the same crap Cookie gets for riding in the premier league!?!

Baffles me, that!

Because they have, with the exception of Barker, all ridden abroad at some time. And they're not good enough, Cook is and it's frustrating to see him lingering in the PL when he could be in the Poland and Swedish EL's - Kennett, Stead and King are not going to make much of an impact over there as they have proved in the past. Better to have tried and failed.....

Because they have, with the exception of Barker, all ridden abroad at some time. And they're not good enough, Cook is and it's frustrating to see him lingering in the PL when he could be in the Poland and Swedish EL's - Kennett, Stead and King are not going to make much of an impact over there as they have proved in the past. Better to have tried and failed.....

and you know for sure he dosnt want to ride poland

from what i was told from a member of his own family he was trying to get a ride in poland

and you know for sure he dosnt want to ride poland

from what i was told from a member of his own family he was trying to get a ride in poland

So he shares my frustration then, or I do his depending on your take on it. How does it make me wrong if he thinks the same?

Surely you can see it would be good for his career and progression to be riding abroad? So why is it anyone who says that is classed as some sort of knocker. Surely the bad people are those happy for him to be in the PL and never achieve his potential

Baffles me, that!

well look a bit deeper into it then.

with the exception of Barker the others all have ridden abroad. And Barker has not been as good as Cook. The others tried and failed and as of yet Cook hasnt tried.

ok so maybe he is trying to ride out there but failing. Then he needs to ask himself why.

Effectively he is British number 4 yet cant get a ride in Poland. Do they deem him not good enough? Or is he not marketing himself properly?

Nobody is knocking the guy for riding Premier to earn money.

But lets face it his career has stalled , he isnt getting any younger, and he may be left thinking what if