British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAudi

Edinburgh 2015.

Anyone here in the Uk on a visit visa, cannot usually apply for a working visa whilst they are in the Uk, they usually have to leave and then apply for the work visa. However this is Speedway and only they know what rules apply to them, but if they are again flouting immigration rules goodness knows what the UKV&i will think the next time.

Edited by greyhoundp

Border Roofing to sponsor Edinburgh. They'll be hoping that they're at the apex this year and things don't fall flat, if it does there'll be a lot of pent up anger. :lol::cheers:

The leg-end that is Billy Wilson says if they don't win the league they should be slated. :cheers:

• Like 2

Anyone here in the Uk on a visit visa, cannot usually apply for a working visa whilst they are in the Uk, they usually have to leave and then apply for the work visa. However this is Speedway and only they know what rules apply to them, but if they are again flouting immigration rules goodness knows what the UKV&i will think the next time.

Perhaps bspa and ukv&I came to a compromise this year knowing the start of the season could be impacted by the timing of this situation.

Also leaving the country to get their visa doesn't mean they have to go back to Oz. A long weekend in Poland and they could reenter the country on their new visa.

I am just guessing here and I'm sure there are other valid scenarios, why do people always assume the worst

I am just guessing here and I'm sure there are other valid scenarios, why do people always assume the worst

Because we're British and used to the worst case scenario always coming out on top

Perhaps bspa and ukv&I came to a compromise this year knowing the start of the season could be impacted by the timing of this situation.

Also leaving the country to get their visa doesn't mean they have to go back to Oz. A long weekend in Poland and they could reenter the country on their new visa.

At the Glasgow tigers night last night and it was said that the paperwork for visa,s are done in the Philippines but the rider now has to have his fingerprint taken now in Brisbane before visas granted according to Kozza smith,s agent, Kozza has himself employed a lawyer to sort it out and also paid for it to be fasttracked and it will hopefully be sorted in 5 days also there are 2 types of visas tier 2 and tier 5 Kozza is applying for tier 2 but don't really know what the difference is sure someone will

• Like 1

Both Scottish teams really putting the effort in this winter, 3 to 4 thousand? I believe the target is 2 thousand for opening day, let's hope the weather plays ball for both Spring trophy meetings.

• Like 1

After wathcing the promo viedo we have just released on the website i wish the season started tomorrow!

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news/article.asp?id=1954

A decent bit of promotion, definitely. However, what's the point of it just being on the Edinburgh website? It certainly whet's the appetite of the Edinburgh faithful but we should be pushing this well outside of the normal circle of supporters...

If it was just for the Edinburgh website, then I feel it's a waste of both a good opportunity and very good piece of promotion...

Edited by Nutz
  • Like 1

A decent bit of promotion, definitely. However, what's the point of it just being on the Edinburgh website? It certainly whet's the appetite of the Edinburgh faithful but we should be pushing this well outside of the normal circle of supporters...

If it was just for the Edinburgh website, then I feel it's a waste of both a good opportunity and very good piece of promotion...

It's also been posted on Facebook and Twitter

It's also been posted on Facebook and Twitter

What the Edinburgh Facebook page & Edinburgh Twitter page :o .

• Like 2

Indeed... We're posting a promotional video on all the Edinburgh outlets... And now with a new story on the Edinburgh website, the promo video is off the main page so not viewable unless you know where to look.

It's like SKY, promoting the British GP at Cardiff ONLY during the adverts of live speedway matches!!!! Everyone who knows speedway, knows when the Cardiff GP is and what it's all about...

We're the triple champions for Godssake... Why are we confining it to the supporters who actually know we're the triple champions?????

Huge opportunity missed with what has been an extremely good promo video put together...:(

• Like 2

Indeed... We're posting a promotional video on all the Edinburgh outlets... And now with a new story on the Edinburgh website, the promo video is off the main page so not viewable unless you know where to look.

It's like SKY, promoting the British GP at Cardiff ONLY during the adverts of live speedway matches!!!! Everyone who knows speedway, knows when the Cardiff GP is and what it's all about...

We're the triple champions for Godssake... Why are we confining it to the supporters who actually know we're the triple champions?????

Huge opportunity missed with what has been an extremely good promo video put together... :(

Spot on.

Inward thinking.

• Like 1

While I agree with the thinking, where would you place it? Keeping in mind the associated costs?

Sometimes you have just got to speculate to accumulate

While I agree with the thinking, where would you place it? Keeping in mind the associated costs?

What associated costs exactly?