Sign in to follow this  
TheScotsman

Premier Shield

How does this work?

Do Monarchs race themselves?

Or against the KO runners up?

Or the League Cup runners up?

Sounds a goer.

We've all got fed up with the springy thing so a different trophy to win would be SO exciting!!

Moi - smug?!!

Why Somerset in particular?

(Serious question.)

Why were Newcy in it this year?

Ippo as KOC is deemed the 2nd event in priority.

I imagine 'lucy' is working on the assumption that the same rules will apply in 2015 as 2014.

Newcastle were in it this year as 2013 winners - so it is reasonable to guess that Somerset will face the Monarchs next year as the 2014 winners.

Then lets have a 4TT Rebels weds, Ippo thurs Monarchs Fri and the weegies on the Sunday

Sounds like a proper tourney??

Then lets have a 4TT Rebels weds, Ippo thurs Monarchs Fri and the weegies on the Sunday

Sounds like a proper tourney??

That would be a 3TT then :) Edited by jrs

I imagine 'lucy' is working on the assumption that the same rules will apply in 2015 as 2014.

Newcastle were in it this year as 2013 winners - so it is reasonable to guess that Somerset will face the Monarchs next year as the 2014 winners.

I thought Newcastle were in it as League Cup winners because Somerset did the double in 2013. If thats right I`m still not sure who it will be because Edinburgh won the League Cup as well, maybe Somerset because they won the only other full team trophy this year.

I thought Newcastle were in it as League Cup winners because Somerset did the double in 2013. If thats right I`m still not sure who it will be because Edinburgh won the League Cup as well, maybe Somerset because they won the only other full team trophy this year.

Did I miss something Cliffeboy? Fours is only 4/7 of a team. You can hardly count the PL Shield as the competition wasn't open to all teams! Edited by Willowman
  • Like 1

How does this work?

Do Monarchs race themselves?

Or against the KO runners up?

Or the League Cup runners up?

just forget the stupid meeting and get on with proper fixtures,no doubt we will start the 2015 season with the the TTT,the SC,the M6 cup,some oversea has been testimonial, the double river cup,plus aload more crap,then struggle to get finished come next October

Did I miss something Cliffeboy? Fours is only 4/7 of a team. You can hardly count the PL Shield as the competition wasn't open to all teams!

I counted the prem shield as a match involving 7 riders with a recognised trophy at the end, I take your point though that not all teams are involved.

just forget the stupid meeting and get on with proper fixtures,no doubt we will start the 2015 season with the the TTT,the SC,the M6 cup,some oversea has been testimonial, the double river cup,plus aload more crap,then struggle to get finished come next October

Sorry, disagree. I think the Premier Shield is a good meeting to have right at the start of the season - a-la the Charity Shield in Football...

Logic would dictate it should be Somerset that is raced due to them being League runners up but I think Dekk may be right that it could be the Twitchers due to being the Runner's up in the KO Cup...

• Like 1