British Speedway Forum
Main Man

Nl Play Off Final Now At Leicester Fri 31st Oct Storm V Heathens

COVENTRY’S home leg of the National League Grand Final against Cradley on Friday will now take place AT LEICESTER (7.30pm).
The club have been informed that Brandon Stadium is no longer available as the staging venue for this meeting due to preparations for Saturday’s Stock Car event.
An alternative venue has therefore been sourced as it was felt this was a far more preferable option than to simply concede the tie.
Coventry Speedway wish to thank Leicester promoter David Hemsley and his staff for their co-operation in allowing the use of the Jordan Road Surfacing Stadium for this important meeting, as well as the Cradley management for their agreement to the change.
The City Gearboxes Storm trail the Heathens by just ten points going into the second leg of their National League title-deciding clash.
We acknowledge the circumstances are far from ideal but we hope as many supporters as possible will be able to make the trip to Leicester to back the Storm on Friday.
Admission: Adults £12, Children Free. Programme: £2.

After what has been a brilliant season for both Coventry Bees and Storm, this is a sad way to end the season.

I feel really sorry for the Coventry Storm riders as this will now be like a home meeting for Cradley as Clegg and Perry both rode for leicester in the FTD and a lot of their team had experience riding there last year in the EL whilst most of the storm riders didn't and it is also Sarjeants worst EL track.

Storm are going to need support even more now

• Like 1

If tomorrow was a problem, then why wasn't the re-staging date tonight?

All the best

Rob

Carefull Rob with statements like that people will think you know what you are talking about :lol:

Ps thanks for the comment ref.. me and Cov Track much appreciated on a bad Sunday..

All the best

Rob

Thats a very good question

All the best

Rob

Because re-staging it Friday was the best way of getting out of an unwelcome trip to Plymouth? ;)

Edited by WembleyLion
  • Like 1

Why's it £12 wasn't it £11at Coventry?

Admission has been £12 for over 16s from day one -programme £2

After what has been a brilliant season for both Coventry Bees and Storm, this is a sad way to end the season.

I feel really sorry for the Coventry Storm riders as this will now be like a home meeting for Cradley as Clegg and Perry both rode for leicester in the FTD and a lot of their team had experience riding there last year in the EL whilst most of the storm riders didn't and it is also Sarjeants worst EL track.

Storm are going to need support even more now

didn't sarj ride for leicester in the premier league ?? and dan greenwood rode for them in national trophy ....

Edited by bigred

Well, I hate to say it but this really suits me as it's only up the road. The only reason I wasn't going to bother going to Brandon was because the track for last two National League meetings has been diabolical and I resent paying out any more money without knowing it will be any different. So I'll be there cheering on The Storm but unfortunately without Lucy as dogs aren't allowed. :sad:

• Like 1

just goes to show how far down the pecking order our sport is doesn't it...won't be long before we have to give way to the local U3A staging a bring and buy at our local stadium as that will entice more through the doors..

Maybe u could combine them - after all the age profile is similar😮