British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Which Stadium Has The Best Facility's

Have to agree with the above about Wimbledon. The other track would be London Stadium in Hackney.

you are joking. The viewing at the new London stadium was appalling. Only thhe addition of temp stands for GPs made it fit for use.

Never been to Sittingbourne so can't comment. Never thought of having a meal whilst watching speedway and never will I very much doubt so that doesn't get a thumbs up from me lol. All I want from stadium is a good track & viewing,really good presentation, clean loos preferably situated in a couple of places around the track, somewhere to easily get a cuppa and a free car park. Erm so no EL track passes, Lynn offers the majority but falls down on presentation ......

I'm with Trees. I dont want to sit down and eat at speedway (or any sport for that matter!). Like Trees I want a good track, good viewing, decent PA system, some loos (I don't expect anything to glamorous tbf but not having to wade through 2 inches of water is NOT good), I'd prefer a pint while Trees has her cuppa and I agree on the car park. I'd also like to add the sale of a decent bag/tray of chips and a burger to the list. I don't want a seat at speedway as it's wasted on me. All at reasonable cost too.

Weighing all that up, Sheffield, Coventry and Somerset meet most of them criteria but all fall down somewhere. Poole probably, just sneaks this honour for me - I hope starman and co see I have given them some credit ;) And for those who want it, you can even watch behind glass having a meal.

I'm with Trees. I dont want to sit down and eat at speedway (or any sport for that matter!). Like Trees I want a good track, good viewing, decent PA system, some loos (I don't expect anything to glamorous tbf but not having to wade through 2 inches of water is NOT good), I'd prefer a pint while Trees has her cuppa and I agree on the car park. I'd also like to add the sale of a decent bag/tray of chips and a burger to the list. I don't want a seat at speedway as it's wasted on me. All at reasonable cost too.

Weighing all that up, Sheffield, Coventry and Somerset meet most of them criteria but all fall down somewhere. Poole probably, just sneaks this honour for me - I hope starman and co see I have given them some credit ;) And for those who want it, you can even watch behind glass having a meal.

You need to go to Berwick and try their PIES!!! :o;)

Awsome!!! :t::approve: :approve:

• Like 1

I'm with you and Trees and I think many others would be too.

Based upon experience this season, there are a few that hit all of them :Wolverhampton, Redcar, Mildenhall, Lakeside. Plymouth would but its toilets are something out of a Hammer Horror film.

I am surprised you can have Coventry and good track in the same post :o:D;)

Edited by Halifaxtiger

If you want a good feed, kurri kurri speedway(NSW) best roast beef & gravy rolls going. Plus free car parking, grass terraces all the way around the track & a bar on the hill so you can still watch the action.

DD.

you are joking. The viewing at the new London stadium was appalling. Only thhe addition of temp stands for GPs made it fit for use.

It does state the best facilities and as they were brand new you have to admit they were pretty good.

I preferred the old Waterdon Road stadium for the viewing but was extremely run down. When I visited it was a freezing cold day and I was every so glad of the glass stadium, but sadly the speedway to me looses something by missing the sound of the bikes behind the glass.

• Like 1

Never understand why everyone always lambasts the 'London Stadium' for offering a grandstand view behind glass! Dozens of tracks over the years had or have viewing behind glass - including Wimbledon which has had the majority of picks in this thread!!

I used to take my kids who were little at the time to see the Lions that one season ('96) and we stood on the small terrace on the first bend where there was a small playground which kept them amused. Only Speedway track I've ever known which had slides and swings like that!

The only problem with the London Stadium was they spent too much money making it too plush and with Romford & the 'Stow being more popular dog tracks, such over development wasn't sustainable leading to bankrupcy; but the facilities were undoubtedly outstanding.

• Like 1

at the opening london meeting v peterborough it as so crowded on that bend that we actually stood on the play equipment to see over the 6 deep crowd.

at the opening london meeting v peterborough it as so crowded on that bend that we actually stood on the play equipment to see over the 6 deep crowd.

Come on tell the truth you fancied a go on the slide somewhere the park keeper wouldn't catch you.
  • Like 1

Has to be Sheffield.

Excellent viewing.

Excellent Carvery and reasonably priced where you can watch the meeting with excellent viewing.

Excellent Corporate Boxes with Panoramic views of the track.

And of course the Best Car Park in British Speedway..

Don't forget the excellent company :wink:

Never understand why everyone always lambasts the 'London Stadium' for offering a grandstand view behind glass! Dozens of tracks over the years had or have viewing behind glass - including Wimbledon which has had the majority of picks in this thread!!

To me you lost the sound of the bikes. When I visited Wimbledon I would share the atmosphere with the pit bend looneys during the mid/late 80's. Loved all the noise from them.

I saw a couple of meetings up at Shawfield one behind the glass & one on the terraces & liked it outside better but was a warmer time of the year.

For me it was Wimbledon, followed them in the 60s. Although Swindon's Abbey Stadium has a great retro toilet on the back-straight, done out in 60s-style.

Coventry has decent facilities.

Edited by BIG ROBIN

This is UK only question and covers all clubs past and present.

Which Stadium has the best facility's you have been to?

The much-improved Foxhall Heath Stadium at Ipswich has won lots of favourable comments. And more are said to be on the way.

Ive been reading this. very nice to see. We do try at Poole. Several things probably could be improved, ie a nice council painted white line, with proper line paint.foot square slabs over the whilte line dropped so any water runs into a channel but is also easy to sweep the dirt out, starting gate area on the green also slabbed in blue and white. I don't know what uncle Bob at Eastie or Birmingham used to paint their white line, but that was/is good but unfortunately we only rent the Stadium.

Somerset has massive potential still, but would also take massive money, ie a proper grandstand on the back straight and a straight roof on the top. And on the home straight a couple of covers on the terracing either side of the Refs box. completely tarmac the area between the club house and the pit entrance, spotlights on the sponsors area outside the clubhouse so those who stand/sit there can fill there programmes in when its dark, but they would somehow need to be rigged so they go off before a heat. speakers inside the clubhouse so when people want to watch the racing inside on the big screen they can take the heat result, and small speakers on the wall outside the club house so people again can hear the result properly. But they've come a long way in 14 seasons.

Ideally, we would like our own purpose built Somerset or Torun where you can access it 7 days a week, you could do so much more.