British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

The Worst Ever 7 Your Team Has Had

any man who puts his wedding tackle on a small seat and rides a bike with no brakes gets my vote for being a super hero. there are no bad riders in this sport., just lucky ones who get a living out of it. this thread is worse than some of the ones i have started, and there has been a few.

how about one for the worst topic started..

p.s. there is a job going at kawasaki racing. applicants can contact tom sykes at quacker H.Q. asap

1. Kevin Wolbert

2. Kevin Wolbert

3. Kevin Wolbert

4. Kevin Wolbert

5. Kevin Wolbert

6. Michael Penfold

7. Jayden O Malley

made me laugh out loud

You forgot to mention Kevin Wolbert

Though being serious, like yourself I find it hard to criticise any rider as it takes some guts to do their job.Also in many cases it's wrong team/track at the wrong time.

That's certainly the case with Ross Brady. An 8 point rider before he suffered a terrible head injury. When we signed him I was optomistic, but he had clearly lost his bottle, shutting off half way down the straights. In hindsight I'm ashamed of how he was treated by some Rockets fans.

That's certainly the case with Ross Brady. An 8 point rider before he suffered a terrible head injury. When we signed him I was optomistic, but he had clearly lost his bottle, shutting off half way down the straights. In hindsight I'm ashamed of how he was treated by some Rockets fans.

Got a paid maximum in his first meeting for us, a challenge v Somerset at home. Threatened to come good but never did, was a shame. He's in my 7 because he was bad for us, no two ways about it. Just like some of the others there's no doubting they were good riders in their time just didn't click at Rye.

Harsh, but fair, Gaz. A few more that spring to mind are....

1. Dalle Andersson

2. Mick Newton

3. Terry Kelly

4. Kevin Armitage

5. Des Wilson

6. Tim Korneliussen

7. Mark Crang

Glasgow could have several teams but how about:

Corey Blackman

Lee Smethills

Jamie Courtney

Robin Tornqvist

Craig Watson

Jamie Birkenshaw

Simon Cartwright

Craig Watson was signed as a replacement for the mis-firing George Stancl and went straight into the PL Pairs and did well. Unfortunately that was his only significant moment, being truly awful at Ashfield. In true Glasgow luck he returned the following season with Birmingham and rattled up double figure scores.

Corey Blackman

Lee Smethills

Jamie Courtney

Robin Tornqvist

Craig Watson

Jamie Birkenshaw

Simon Cartwright

Craig Watson was signed as a replacement for the mis-firing George Stancl and went straight into the PL Pairs and did well. Unfortunately that was his only significant moment, being truly awful at Ashfield. In true Glasgow luck he returned the following season with Birmingham and rattled up double figure scores.

I thought Wato done okay for Glasgow

Came back that year after smashing his arm to pieces a few meetings into the season before, and his season before that again was cut short through a shattered ankle

He averaged well over 8 for glasgow and was a definate improvement on stancl who was shocking that season

I thought Wato done okay for Glasgow

Came back that year after smashing his arm to pieces a few meetings into the season before, and his season before that again was cut short through a shattered ankle

He averaged well over 8 for glasgow and was a definate improvement on stancl who was shocking that season

That must have been the away matches. He used to slow down to a crawl going into turn 3. Around then we always went with two heavy hitters, if he was any good I'm certain he would have been invited back the following season, especially to partner his mate Parker. Edited by MD

Just remember him being a significent improvement on Stancl!

Corey Blackman

Lee Smethills

Jamie Courtney

Robin Tornqvist

Craig Watson

Jamie Birkenshaw

Simon Cartwright

As Pinny has pointed out, Wato got an 8+ average for you guys, 8.7 rings a bell. Not bad for a guy going to a new track after the best part of 12 months out (half a dozen EL meetings where he averaged less than 1 for Poole aside). I guess as he'd have been signed on 9.4 he was not exactly a success it's harsh to lump him with the other 6 you have.

As for Newport

Vedel

Mroz

Truminski

Taylor

Cunningham

Ezergailis

Hurst/Legg - although Leg did score a 6+3 paid maximum vs Glasgow :D

Ooohh, for Stoke, with final Stoke average in brackets

1) Frank Facher (2.88)

2) Michael Rajkowski (2.89)

3) Krister Jakobsen (3.93)

4) Glen Phillips (3.05)

5) Jeremia Thelaus (1.47)

6) James Holder (3.09)

7) Take your pick from any of the terrible 3 pointers we used over the years, including Gary Flint, Andrew Blackburn, Rob Grant Jr, Kris Irving and many more.

dont knock kris irving. he was the kid who gave us green/dayglow wheels and look who has them now..