British Speedway Forum
Double Up

Cradley Heathens

Bear in mind that with the truncated Elite League programme, there are likely to be quite a few blank Monday dates at Monmore so with a bit of give and take it ought to be possible for Cradley to split their home matches between Wolverhampton and Perry Barr.

Not the ideal solution I know, but it would enable both clubs to run in the National League without any conflict over who gets priority over dates.

It is crucial that if this is possible, we should work together over this.

Or as a minimum look at running in the National Trophy at Monmore on Mondays. Ok it may only been 5 or 6 meeting and very irregular but better than nothing.

Bear in mind that with the truncated Elite League programme, there are likely to be quite a few blank Monday dates at Monmore so with a bit of give and take it ought to be possible for Cradley to split their home matches between Wolverhampton and Perry Barr.

Not the ideal solution I know, but it would enable both clubs to run in the National League without any conflict over who gets priority over dates.

It is crucial that if this is possible, we should work together over this.

Im guessing Brian the Heathens would probably be senior Tenants at PB, and Brum the sub tenancy, so The Heathens to share Monmore ? dont think that would be feasible, Im only basing the Senior Tenancy thing on the fact Brum may not be able to raise the finance for The Tenancy etc etc.

Im a little concerned that Nigel Pearson only rates our chances as 50/50 for 2015, the last person who said better than 50/50 said it was a no goer a week later. :wink:

Edited by greyhoundp

Don't think that Wolves promoters of track owner want Cradley racing there next year, they have made the point this year that they want them out of the way.

Not much chance of them ever getting back in Dudley, unless there are some major changes on the council. Need some pro sport councilers insead of anti ones There must be other places near or around the region that would welcome them and maybe even help to build a new stadium. What they need is something along the lines of what happened at Leicester.

Is it viable for Cradley to go up to the PL have the got the financial structure to afford to run in the PL and I think it would be asking to much to expect for the Brummies to go down to the MDL.

Don't think that Wolves promoters of track owner want Cradley racing there next year, they have made the point this year that they want them out of the way.

Not much chance of them ever getting back in Dudley, unless there are some major changes on the council. Need some pro sport councilers insead of anti ones There must be other places near or around the region that would welcome them and maybe even help to build a new stadium. What they need is something along the lines of what happened at Leicester.

Is it viable for Cradley to go up to the PL have the got the financial structure to afford to run in the PL and I think it would be asking to much to expect for the Brummies to go down to the MDL.

Your first sentence is utter tosh. There has never been any remarks by the Wolves management concerning Cradley using

Monmore. This is a decision by Ladbrokes and Ladbrokes alone.

• Like 1

The Heathens have attracted crowds that are the envy of almost every team in the Premier League and many in the Elite League. The supporters travel in numbers to every away meeting and, therefore, the benefit is enjoyed by all. Yet, many former supporters couldn't bring themselves to watch their phoenix team race at Monmore Green because of past rivalries. Similarly, others perceived the 'new' club to be a bit 'Mickey Mouse' competing in the National League.

I think the sive of the support for Cradley is amazing for this day and age, but as was seen at Leicester, last Friday, there are some messy supporters amongst those fans. I have never seen as much litter left behind them after the match as there was that evening.

From Cradleys Official Site

NATIONAL League Speedway champions Cradley Heathens have only a 50/50 chance of coming to the tapes next season.

Heathens have lost the use of Wolverhampton’s Monmore Green track in 2015 and have so far failed in their bid to secure a piece of land of their own within the Dudley or Sandwell region.

Now the club are running out of time if they are to secure a place on track next season with negotiations ongoing between several parties.

Cradley chairman Nigel Pearson said: “We had a full day of meetings on Monday but we have been unable to conclude any business for next year.

“We acknowledge this is a worrying time for our supporters and as a management team we promise to do all we can to ensure Cradley Heathens come to the tapes for the 2015 season.

“I won’t comment on potential venues for our home meetings because it would be unwise to do so at this stage. It isn’t a simple, straightforward process when it comes to operating on a track which ultimately isn’t our own.

“The new track project has been frustrating, if there is one area where we have so far failed as a management team it is that – we’ve done five years and still haven’t secured a track of our own.

“It’s ongoing, but we also want to keep the club alive for the fans – they are the reason we do this.”

As somebody else said on Cradleys Facebook page, were been slowly dwindled bad news to soften the blow of when the reality kicks in that we wont be riding again!

I do apprichiate the club saying that its 50/50 at least we can prepare for bad news! Where I will watch speedway next year will be difficult as I dont see myself going to Wolves but at the moment there the only club that will be around for the next decade I belive!

Cradley Heathens have go to stop looking at Dudley Council and get onto Sandwell where Cradley Heath actually lies. They have sucsessful sports teams in the borough and have a leisure trust that is spending a lot of money building sports facilities in the borugh!

Dudley Council dont even have a decent baths and have not spent money on Sport ventures for the last 20years!

As somebody else said on Cradleys Facebook page, were been slowly dwindled bad news to soften the blow of when the reality kicks in that we wont be riding again!

I do apprichiate the club saying that its 50/50 at least we can prepare for bad news! Where I will watch speedway next year will be difficult as I dont see myself going to Wolves but at the moment there the only club that will be around for the next decade I belive!

Cradley Heathens have go to stop looking at Dudley Council and get onto Sandwell where Cradley Heath actually lies. They have sucsessful sports teams in the borough and have a leisure trust that is spending a lot of money building sports facilities in the borugh!

Dudley Council dont even have a decent baths and have not spent money on Sport ventures for the last 20years!

Sounds good - has nobody tried this?

What a mess Midlands Speedway is in :(

Brummies Gone

Cradley 50/50 for next year but still no sign of a stadium

Coventry future looking bleak with Brandon up for development

Sounds good - has nobody tried this?

Who knows...This information is locked away in a top secret location where only three men know the code to the door!

Ive emailed Sandwell Council and they responded with a the normal, we would support any venture in the area. Media reports also stated they would welcome the Heathens with open arms about four years ago.

If you type 'Sandwell council cradley heathens' into google there is a PDF file with information where CRASH tried to get the help!

Worth a read, hopes and promises broken!

What a mess Midlands Speedway is in :(

Brummies Gone

Cradley 50/50 for next year but still no sign of a stadium

Coventry future looking bleak with Brandon up for development

a scenario that I have got used to, in my forty plus years of supporting speedway in London and the south east.

No matter who it was they wanted Cradley out and I do appologise to the Wolves promotion for saying it was them not Ladbrookes.

Maybe they don't get the Lions share of betting money from speedway.

From Cradleys Official Site

NATIONAL League Speedway champions Cradley Heathens have only a 50/50 chance of coming to the tapes next season.

Heathens have lost the use of Wolverhampton’s Monmore Green track in 2015 and have so far failed in their bid to secure a piece of land of their own within the Dudley or Sandwell region.

Now the club are running out of time if they are to secure a place on track next season with negotiations ongoing between several parties.

Cradley chairman Nigel Pearson said: “We had a full day of meetings on Monday but we have been unable to conclude any business for next year.

“We acknowledge this is a worrying time for our supporters and as a management team we promise to do all we can to ensure Cradley Heathens come to the tapes for the 2015 season.

“I won’t comment on potential venues for our home meetings because it would be unwise to do so at this stage. It isn’t a simple, straightforward process when it comes to operating on a track which ultimately isn’t our own.

“The new track project has been frustrating, if there is one area where we have so far failed as a management team it is that – we’ve done five years and still haven’t secured a track of our own.

“It’s ongoing, but we also want to keep the club alive for the fans – they are the reason we do this.”

If you believe the bottom line , then you believe anything, but its good PR. For the end of season do, sold out weeks ago, a commemorative Brochure at £6, Champions Team photos at £10 but its for the Fans, so why arent they free ?

A club with a great history, but let down by some of their supporters, who frankly are a disgrace.

• Like 2

A club with a great history, but let down by some of their supporters, who frankly are a disgrace.

Why?