British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Rye House 2015

There was talk of Luke Bowen leading the Raiders, I'm not sure he's eligible. As Aaron Mogridge hasn't yet signed for anyone that's good and hopefully will ride for the Raiders. He made good progress last year. What we have to bear in mind is there's a minimum points limit so Andrew must have riders who've agreed to be a Raider in 2015.

Hopefully it won't be a team of former NL no hopers. Will have to have a ride down to the Rye training school in the new year to pick up the gossip.

There was talk of Luke Bowen leading the Raiders, I'm not sure he's eligible. As Aaron Mogridge hasn't yet signed for anyone that's good and hopefully will ride for the Raiders. He made good progress last year. What we have to bear in mind is there's a minimum points limit so Andrew must have riders who've agreed to be a Raider in 2015.

Hopefully it won't be a team of former NL no hopers. Will have to have a ride down to the Rye training school in the new year to pick up the gossip.

They did say they would be taking Juniors from the training schools but if you don't have 1 or 2 no hopers they will be 7 trainees. Nothing wrong with that either.

That's my whole point. You can't have as you put it seven no hopers. Seven 3 point men is only 21 points so there has to be some experience in the team.

That's my whole point. You can't have as you put it seven no hopers. Seven 3 point men is only 21 points so there has to be some experience in the team.

I don't believe I said anything about 7 no hopers as you say the points limit wont allow it.

So you have to have at least 1 or 2.

• Like 1

I don't believe I said anything about 7 no hopers as you say the points limit wont allow it.

Andrew Silver to make a comeback? Wouldn't be a bad shout! :drink:

Well we have Benji Compton, Ben Hopwood, Ash Morris, Ollie Greenwood, Rob Branford, Luke Chessell, Luke Priest, Adam Kirby, Tyler Govier all out there without Team places at the moment, some decent point scorers there and with potential to improve, which of these are going to end up at RH ?.

Edited by greyhoundp

Can see Chessell as a Rye asset and I believe Hopwood is a Rye asset too for that matter. Not sure what the Bowen situation is but if he can ride then we may see a top three of Bowen, Hopwood and Chessell with 4 training school graduates taking the remaining slots. Watts and Sheppard seem likely inclusions.

Edited by RocketBen1
  • Like 1

Can see Chessell as a Rye asset and I believe Hopwood is a Rye asset too for that matter. Not sure what the Bowen situation is but if he can ride then we may see a top three of Bowen, Hopwood and Chessell with 4 training school graduates taking the remaining slots. Watts and Sheppard seem likely inclusions.

Do you know how old Watts is?

Do you know how old Watts is?

Dob 26-3-88

• Like 1

Very disappointed Aaron Moggo has decided to ride at Cradley. Can kinda understand, but his dad helps run the training school at Rye and I would have thought he'd have ridden there.

But, if he wants to ride without his dad in attendance that's fine, but suspect Alan will be by his side.

I kinda guess Cradley are the glamour team of NL speedway and will race infront of good crowds, unlike if he rode at Rye, they'll be a good atmosphere to. Oh and he's probably a bit better of with £ notes at Cradley and possibly will get a bit more sponsorship hopefully.

Re who will race for the Raiders? Ben Hopewood is indeed a Rye asset, but traveling from Manchester where he lives? When he rode for the ill fated Hackney team in 2011 he hardly got any local sponsorship.

I'm sure Andrew knows what he's doing, but it would be nice if a little more (or any) information was forthcoming.

• Like 1

I think you mean 3 pointers. Not no hopers.

I think you mean 3 pointers. Not no hopers.

The 36 point limit wont allow a team.of no hopers. There are very few riders with the no hoper tag on 3 points Is what I meant but with the minimum limit and the over 25 DU rule you have to have a couple

If the regs. stay as they are for 2014 it will rule out Luke on age.

19.9.2 Initial Team Declarations may include:
19.9.2.1 A Rider with a PL MA of 6.00 or below if not declared in a PL 1–7 at the start of the season,
although any such Rider who moves back into the PL will be ineligible if he has a PL MA of
5.00 or above. NB. A Rider with a PL MA of 5.00 or below joining a NL Team after losing a
PL Team place may not remain in the NL Team if he subsequently gains a PL Team place,
19.9.2.2 A current PL Rider under 25 years-old with a PL MA of 4.00 or below at the start of the
Season.

If the regs. stay as they are for 2014 it will rule out Luke on age.

19.9.2 Initial Team Declarations may include:

19.9.2.1 A Rider with a PL MA of 6.00 or below if not declared in a PL 17 at the start of the season,

although any such Rider who moves back into the PL will be ineligible if he has a PL MA of

5.00 or above. NB. A Rider with a PL MA of 5.00 or below joining a NL Team after losing a

PL Team place may not remain in the NL Team if he subsequently gains a PL Team place,

19.9.2.2 A current PL Rider under 25 years-old with a PL MA of 4.00 or below at the start of the

Season.

I was under that impression however Len has stated in the press he intends to use Luke, granted Andrew is in sole control of the Raiders now so may have his own plans. Haven't seen anything to suggest he will be allowed to obviously but then getting information about rule changes etc is usually harder than drawing blood from a stone.