British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2015

First signing could be announced later today according to the Brummies twitter feed. Tony Mole in the Mail said its our number 1 and hes ridden for the club in the past.

Not sure he said that - I thought he said he'd ridden at Perry Barr before..........

Anyway - welcome Adam!

WOW!! Fantastic Signing, got to give Tony all the credit for pulling it as for me its a real statement of intent. Hes not only our number 1 but he might be the league number 1 as hes a great talent.

I saw Ellis ride at Perry Barr last season in the EL for Lakeside and he scored 10pts then and he more or less averaged 5 in the EL last year. Makes you wonder just what he will do in the NL next year, if hes on 9.34 then I wouldnt against him sticking a point or so on that.

Welcome to the Brummies Adam! :t:

• Like 1

??? Can't understand how Adam hasn't got a PL club! He's going to get a 12.00 ave next year in the NL. Excellent signing for Brum

Can see a lot of PL clubs wanting him mid-

season

Edited by Falcon Hammer

Im guessing he has commited himself to Brum for the season, i think they have named him as Captain, but undoubtably he will be close to being No1 rider in the League not only for Brum.

Wont be long before a premier league club come calling and you will be left in the lurch.

Would be smarter to look for a rider that can double up.

Junior

Criminal that Ellis can't get a PL spot while there is foreign rubbish being allowed to ride on sub five/six/seven point averages.

• Like 4

??? Can't understand how Adam hasn't got a PL club! He's going to get a 12.00 ave next year in the NL. Excellent signing for Brum

Can see a lot of PL clubs wanting him mid-

season

Good little rider but he wont get anywhere near a 12!!!!

Be interesting to see this lad's development. He cut his teeth at IoW which is as near as you get this side of the North Sea to a Long Track, and he rode a year and seems to have done quite well at Lakeside. Talk about two tracks that are like chalk and cheese. Still, it should aid the development of his skill set. Slightly concerned (wider perspective) as to why he was a sub-5-pointer and only a #7 in the PL last year and why none of the PL teams have beaten his door down for his signature this winter. I'd have hoped that this EL "Fast Tracking" would have brought him on further than that, and that he'd have gone on to make more progress at PL level this year. However, (narrower perspective) the system's loss could be Birmingham's gain, so good luck to the lad.

Be interesting to see this lad's development. He cut his teeth at IoW which is as near as you get this side of the North Sea to a Long Track, and he rode a year and seems to have done quite well at Lakeside. Talk about two tracks that are like chalk and cheese. Still, it should aid the development of his skill set. Slightly concerned (wider perspective) as to why he was a sub-5-pointer and only a #7 in the PL last year and why none of the PL teams have beaten his door down for his signature this winter. I'd have hoped that this EL "Fast Tracking" would have brought him on further than that, and that he'd have gone on to make more progress at PL level this year. However, (narrower perspective) the system's loss could be Birmingham's gain, so good luck to the lad.

According to his dad, and i quote from Fb, "I looked at a photo the other day of Adam's first competitive ride on a 500 speedway bike. It was in the British youth championship at Eastbourne, July 2012…….. some people forget he's only been riding speedway a few years".

So basically 2014 was his 2nd full season of racing a Speedway bike, and to get a 4.67 in the PL in what was is 2nd season in the PL was decent progress, the PL reserve position as we all know was far harder than the Elite FT scheme in 2014. As to why PL Teams were not knocking his door down ? only they and Adam know the answer to that one. I will hazard a guess, and its only a guess, his dad was disapointed that due to rules he could NOT spend another season (2014) in the NL to gain more experience.

8.90 it is as confirmed by Phil on the Brummies forum :)

According to 2 Team managers in the NL Adam will be on The Higher of Adams 2 averages, 1 double his PL average which was 4.67 x 2 = 9.34 as a matter of interest only, his 2013 IOW average was 8.90. So it will be slightly tougher for Brum to Team build, but hey Adam Ellis is a fantastic prospect, and No doubt Phil Morris used his used his connection with Neil Vatcher (Lakeside) as Adam is a Lakeside asset, will we be seeing more prospects signed up from the British youth set-up ? who knows and who really cares? it certainly will keep other Teams on there toes during the close season.

Criminal that Ellis can't get a PL spot while there is foreign rubbish being allowed to ride on sub five/six/seven point averages.

Been the case for several years now, sadly.

• Like 2

No PL team wnats him as Lakeside take priority in the event of a clash of dates, that means any Fridays night PL tracks are out, and most teams are not happy to be without him for trips to Edinburgh, Somerset and Plymouth.

Risky signing for the Brummies, surely as soon as a PL team comes knocking he'll be off - TBH, I hope he would be. While the NL serves a purpose he should be riding PL and not NL given the choice.

Good rider and a nice bloke but don't expect too much too soon. He still has a lot to learn. He has lot of problems last year staying on his bike and has had to,learn that the throttle works both ways. Obviously he is a talent but it might just be that this is a year of consolidation and gaining experience rather than setting the track alight. Well done the Brum for getting him though.

Wont be long before a premier league club come calling and you will be left in the lurch.

Risky signing for the Brummies, surely as soon as a PL team comes knocking he'll be off

That sounds a delightful prospect, NOT.

With "Birkogate" in mind I can just imagine how Brummies supporters will feel when they grow an attachment to a rider, especially one likely to be fulfilling the role that Jason Lyons once did, only to have him whisked away when a failing PL team decides to have a reshuffle.

Hands up any Brummies fans who will be happy to be "left in the lurch" as the previous poster says? Keep your hands up while I count... :o

Oh well, the life and times of National League speedway, I guess, innit? Guess a lot of the fans who Tony Mole is relying on to fill the terraces will have to get used to the fact that the National League is not about the winning, it's about the taking part...unless you're Cradley of course, which only makes it doubly hard for a Brummies fan to get used to it.

The question is, under rules which may or may not have been tweeked at Tuesday's meeting, can Adam double between the PL & NL or not..? Last year he wasn't allowed to but at his young age I think he should be allowed.

If he's (still) not allowed to ride NL when at a PL club it is indeed risky for the Brummies to have him as their no. 1 because the way PL clubs chop and change their line ups it would seem nigh on certain one will come a-calling before too long for Adam.

Or has he agreed a financial package good enough at Perry Barr to see off other suitors..?

• Like 1