British Speedway Forum

Funny ??? Matt got up screaming he had dislocated his knee, but he was walking around ?... then all of a sudden he was saying he had dislocated a finger,, i think he may have been in some kind of shock young inexperienced riders can be affected like that ,After the paramedics had examined him they said they could find nothing wrong ,,He was less than co-operative with staff trying to help him. But maybe he could be excused for that under the circumstances...He then went back to the pits and took his second ride and attended the after practice meeting in the bar ,where to my knowledge nothing was said about any injury ,although it was almost impossible to hear what was being said .. Now we hear he has a broken wrist if that has been confirmed by X ray then i am sorry for him and hope he makes a speedy recovery.. However a most unusual series of events,,??? Good luck to Jamie and Adam on Friday and indeed all the team...

Edited by waco

Most peculiar however speedway riders are a funny breed.....

All the more ironic as the fall was caused by Matt excessively leaning all over Jamie for no obvious reason whilst Adam had already gated and was past both of them....

Hi Rob

Does the lack of track time come down to sponsorship?

Not really, although it has been difficult for Jamie to attract sponsors with not really knowing whether he was in the team, out of the team, in a run off etc etc.

We decided to take a break over the winter and then had a small delay in getting the engines back and then on any day that Jamie could get out, the weather beat us and the local tracks with their not being able to run speedway machines (Iwade) and having a new booking in system (Lydd) which meant Monday was the first time Jamie had been out since last October.

The last thing we needed was an expensive unnecessary engine repair bill just for the sake of a few (probable wet) laps somewhere!

I know Jamie and his parents also wanted to make sure that the equipment was up to scratch and that they had the required spares if they needed them throughout the season.

Regards

Rob C

And also,

I hope that the management actually give whoever is at 6 and 7 a decent run and not discard them after a few meetings-this is National League speedway after all and the 3rd tier should be about bringing riders on.

If the riders are not showing any improvement, then yes someone else should be given a chance.

Having looked at all the teams 3 pointers I know that if the reserves ride to their ability then there is no reason that they shouldn't become established team members in their own right.

• Like 1

Hmm, sorry Waco but I really have to dispute your assertion (made in two postings now) that it was impossible to hear anything at the Fans Forum. there was an extremely lively debate with many great questions posed and answered! If noone could hear then a lot of people were making an extremely good impression that they could!!!!

Parsloes with respect.. we were at the back of the room with people talking behind us and you could not hear there,, it may well be that those closer could hear,, But i still maintain these meetings would be better with the use of microphones..

• Like 1

I agree with Waco, it was hard to hear even with a small amount of people where making a lot of noise,

Danny Vergil's girlfriend was asking most of the questions as she was a local lady from Scunthorpe and was telling us all how it was ment to be done and how they did it at Scunthorpe?
I don’t think she understood that it was not her money going down the drain and its not Easy to get people interested in speedway when you cant even name a full team on press day.

Kent need to move forward like Eastbourne, Media that’s Free, Facebook Twitter, Instagram, and don’t play the kids against each other, I felt sorry for the 6th, 7th, 8th rider no knowing who was going into the team. After reading Robs comments he is right and It really does make you wonder what sort of management is going on playing the kids against each other it may have worked in the 60's. Why not pick your reserve riders Let them get set up for the start of the season and run them till the first averages then make a change. I think its wrong to run them on the day and race against each other then choose? That’s old school (again) Also it stops the riders who might want to move to another track, also it leaves needs no preparation for the riders. What happened if they were unable to ride because of the weather? it was very Unfair on Jamie, Adam, Matt. letting them wait all winter to get an answer.

On the other hand Len covered his backside and made sure he had 3 signatures for the riders ment that nobody else could use 3 riders keeping them hanging on till the last minute.

Why not do what Eastbourne did pick someone and run with them George wood and so on. You cant get publicity on a team that not complete until press day? . 4 days before there first meeting and you want peole to be interested in local kids. Yes Eastbourne has pushed thier team and you can see just by how many people have read this forum on the Eastbourne page means its has some interest in the Club means that the media is working.

I Wish Jamie and Adam all the best for the season and hope that Matt has a speedy recovery with his broken wrist

Edited by catinthehat

To be fair at one point Kent were at the forefront of social media, marketing etc and a number of clubs contacted them about their success. Then the club went back to a more tradional aporoach. Interesting that Eastbourne this year are doing similar things to the original Kings commercial team and are seen as at the forefront. Mind you appreciate I'm biased.

Re the microphones it's been mentioned for years and the Stadium has the equipment.

Good luck to all the Kings this year and whatever happens with the Hammers next year I for one hope the Kings will also be there.

• Like 1

Danny Vergil's girlfriend was asking most of the questions as she was a local lady from Scunthorpe and was telling us all how it was ment to be done and how they did it at Scunthorpe?

I don’t think she understood that it was not her money going down the drain and its not Easy to get people interested in speedway when you cant even name a full team on press day.

The young lady who asked a couple of (excellent) questions certainly wasn't from Scunthorpe! She goes to school locally as she very eloquently explained.

Unfortunatley Ben Morley will be missing Kent's first fixture away at Eastbourne as he has to ride for Redcar v Sheffield on the same evening. Anyone is available to guest other than Adam Ellis or Dan Halsey as they both have a higher average.

Pairs line up:

Kent SLYDE Kings: Ben Morley & Adam Sheppard
Crayford Kestrels: Harvie Banks & Danno Verge
Crayford Highwaymen: Danny Ayres & Brendan Johnson
Crusaders: Aaron Baseby & Dan Berwick
Bombers: Darryl Ritchings & Jamie Couzins
Romney Falcons: James Shanes & Sam Chapman

Not sure if I can even bring myself to attend this meeting? A few potential close encounters but pretty shocking standard throughout really. Not hugely impressed by this celebration.....

• Like 1

im agreeing with this on sings4kings the eastbourne line up doesnt look much better but for the same price im sure ill have a more entertaining afternoon and a programme with great xcontent

• Like 1

Difficult to make an informed statement on the pairs event, why they have made the Kings team up with the riders they have is almost unexplainable. The most to be said is that it will give them a bit more track time with nothing to be lost. After Bank holidays showing the second strings/reserves need all the time they can get on track in competitive action. Soon see who will be dropped for better rated three pointers still on the shelf. Could still be an entertaining meeting however.