British Speedway Forum

wacko. yes i agree the standard this year is lower, but it all so was last year, this is due to the lower average limit which has put most on very false

averages, and they will be again this season.

Not a great signing imo. Drifted in and out of teams to often and didn't really bother with the mdl last season despite being given a place with Milton Keynes knights.

sure I remember him no showing for a meeting at belle Vue.

Trumping rumsey at Mildenhall as the strangest signing thus far in the national league but only my opinion.

Which of Hunts old mates will be next?!

It wasn't just the once that he didn't turn up for an away meeting, I remember him doing it a couple of times for the Isle of Wight. One occasion springs to mine at Mildenhall where Niall Strudwick took his spot for the day.

Now for the shenanigans. Who will Chris run with as the number 7? Race-off day is the press and practice day. No doubt Adam may have the edge having ridden in NL meetings previously and did have a good meeting at the end of last season down Plymouth way. Who has the most potential though is another question. Who will be prepared to commit for the season come rain and shine? Nothing says Rikki will push on so with Danno, Rikki, Jamie and Adam all there in the basement points club there is everything to race for. Will make for interesting times.

If I sponsor a rider with machinery can I get a ride.......

Not a particular shock in terms of names but I was Sheppard and ended up at 8 id be hacked off.

Neither of the others have done much competitive racing over the past year. Just goes to show dedication doesn't always get you very far!

Jamie Couzins would get my vote................nothing against Adam just Jamie has always seemed quicker than Adam when ive seen them race!

Cousins reguarly beat Shepherd in second half races ,, on what i saw i would much prefer Cousins... Shepherd may have had one or two outings, but that does not make him the better rider,,, also Shepherd failed to appear for several rides probably down to poor equiptment . Let them decide it on track in a best of 3 races prior to the first meeting

Im not doing leaps of joy over either option if im brutally honest.

Best of 3 races prior to the meeting would be a last man standing event with predictable results;

Race 1 Cousins 1st Shepard Fell

Race 2 Shepard 1st (awarded) Cousins (major fall bike wrecked)

Race 3 Cousins NS (no bike) Shepard EX 2 mins (mechanical gremlins)

• Like 2

Amusing post sing4kings and not beyond the realms of possibility..So many riders starting out on simular ability this season it will be interesting to see which ones make rapid progress,,we have to hope it may be one or two of our Kings ?... I too am sceptical..

Edited by waco

Cousins reguarly beat Shepherd in second half races ,, on what i saw i would much prefer Cousins... Shepherd may have had one or two outings, but that does not make him the better rider,,, also Shepherd failed to appear for several rides probably down to poor equiptment . Let them decide it on track in a best of 3 races prior to the first meeting

That is what I believe will happen on press and practice day, behind closed doors but one will get the number 7 jacket and the other will have to prove he is the better racer/rider. Dan Blake/Luke Harris days of last year then Danny and Jason burst onto the scene!

That is what I believe will happen on press and practice day, behind closed doors but one will get the number 7 jacket and the other will have to prove he is the better racer/rider. Dan Blake/Luke Harris days of last year then Danny and Jason burst onto the scene!

Is the press and practice day definitely behind closed doors this year rebel1? Was hoping to go again this year :(

Dan Blake/Luke Harris days of last year then Danny and Jason burst onto the scene!

Danny yes - but at no stage did Garrad ever show he was better than Harris.