British Speedway Forum

Excellent news that Ben will be riding in the PL for Redcar!

Hopefully there will not be many clashes so we don't lose our new skipper too often. I was Suprised initially when I heard he would be captain as I expected Aaron Baseby to get the role. But in reflection it is the perfect choice, because Ben is always one of the first on track if a rider falls and most notably when young luke harris won a heat a coventry last season Ben was first one over to him to pat him on his back!
  • Like 1

Must be 200 odd spaces in front of main grandstand with the overflow car park double the size of the main car park behind the pits. Queues to get in turnstyles nearer to start time can be a bit slow. So to have time to get your programme a beer and a pizza and chips you want to aim to be there 1/2 hour before start time for the bank holiday meets.

Thanks for the information.

Bit of a shocker mullins quitting to go into the marines. I had him down as a potential key man at reserve. Although if we get sanderson that would be a good signing. He impressed me up at scunthorpe last year, he has undoubted speed and with another years experience hopefully he can stay on the bike a bit more.

Hilarious. Mullins starts with nothing, gets sponsored loads of equipment then quits before the season starts! What a ....(insert your favourite expletive here).....

Then to top it off rather than boosting the confidence of both Sheppard and Couzins by stating they will be the reserves and we are looking for a number 8 Mr Hunt wants to view a lad from miles away and a lary grasstracker.......

Whatever people think of Len Silver & John Sampford they have got to be better than the new numpty who has been brought in!

• Like 1

Not a great signing imo. Drifted in and out of teams to often and didn't really bother with the mdl last season despite being given a place with Milton Keynes knights.

sure I remember him no showing for a meeting at belle Vue.

And you were right to be sceptical.

Mullins has quit already http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.28425

• Like 1

Well that looks like the final nail in the coffin of Mullins ,in, out, speedway career,,In retrospect probably a good thing bearing in mind his unrealiable past...

• Like 1

Will make the Kings stronger no doubt.

Sanderson has a year of NL racing behind him, would be my choice.

Still think the Kings will regret letting Harris go last year, the lad will be one to watch this season.

Hopefully there will not be many clashes so we don't lose our new skipper too often. I was Suprised initially when I heard he would be captain as I expected Aaron Baseby to get the role. But in reflection it is the perfect choice, because Ben is always one of the first on track if a rider falls and most notably when young luke harris won a heat a coventry last season Ben was first one over to him to pat him on his back!

Ben is the perfect choice for team captain, he is very popular amongst the other riders and is always first to offer support to them. Ben is a likeable young lad who is very approachable, which clearly shows as the way the fans at whatever club he rides for ( even when guesting ) appreciate his efforts. He always makes time for the fans young & old and stays behind after all his meetings to meet & chat with them afterwards.

Id rather see sanderson in than someone who has only mucked about on the grasstracks.

There seem to be several riders that have got places this year without any proven speedway merit and IMO is a poke in the eye to all those who have been serving their apprenticeships in the MDL......

Edited by Sings4Kings
  • Like 1

The retirement of Rikki Mullins maybe a blessing in disguise as for what i saw of Liam Sanderson at Scunthorpe last season i was impressed. He tried very hard and looked a racer. He did hit the deck a few times but that was only through over trying. Very much like when Jack Kingston was a king when he overtried & overcooked it.

Liam looks a bit stylish & has good equipment so he could be a very good signing for the Kings.

Hope he goes well on the try out day on the 30th March & Chris Hunt selects him for the reserve berth.

Still think it stinks how the others are being treated. Mullins, Sheppard & Couzins were going to race off for the 6,7,& 8 positions.

Mullins drops out, the other two get the places & Kent search for a new 8?

Seems logical but no instead there are others added to the mix, hardly a confidence booster for either rider.

I don't think its likely that Sanderson would be travelling down to Kent every Monday night for just a number 8 berth.....I suspect he will want 6 or 7 or not at all.

Id rather see sanderson in than someone who has only mucked about on the grasstracks.

There seem to be several riders that have got places this year without any proven speedway merit and IMO is a poke in the eye to all those who have been serving their apprenticeships in the MDL......

"Muck about on the grasstracks" ?

Have you ever been to a Grasstrack meeting ?

I can assure you they do not "Muck about" and I always thought it was a good practise for a future Speedway rider.

Still think it stinks how the others are being treated. Mullins, Sheppard & Couzins were going to race off for the 6,7,& 8 positions.

Mullins drops out, the other two get the places & Kent search for a new 8?

Seems logical but no instead there are others added to the mix, hardly a confidence booster for either rider.

I don't think its likely that Sanderson would be travelling down to Kent every Monday night for just a number 8 berth.....I suspect he will want 6 or 7 or not at all.

As a number 8 you wouldn't need to be at every meeting. You'd only be there if you was replacing someone in the 1 to 7 or are officially declared as the number 8 for that meeting when a team is using R/R, which is why teams often don't do the latter as riders don't want to turn up when they're unlikely to race and teams don't want to pay more expenses.