British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BuxtonTiger

Buxton Hitmen 2015

Looking in my speedway star hoping for some news on the Hitmen , but news on every other team but Buxton .Just who is or have we even got a press officer.It would be nice just to hear what is going on but has usual Buxton keeping it secret,Poor show from management.

Looking in my speedway star hoping for some news on the Hitmen , but news on every other team but Buxton .Just who is or have we even got a press officer.It would be nice just to hear what is going on but has usual Buxton keeping it secret,Poor show from management.

An old saying is 'no news is good news' and that may well be the case here. The official website looks good and has everything you'd expect thereon courtesy of the website manager, I'm not sure what Jayne & Richard farm but if they've got any sheep they might be a tad busy right now eh? And there's the 'school runs' etc., etc to squeeze in too! The club does have a press officer, and a good one but I found out through a branch of the 'social media' this morning that he had been considerably held up en route to a 'day job' appointment by a glorious M6 traffic jam! Believe me I'm not having a dig at you personally but things are not always straightforward especially in a role as a speedway club's press officer having voluntarily undertaken the role (amongst others!) at all manner of clubs through the years - and I wouldn't change a thing! I hope this posting can at least explain some of the problems faced and I haven't even mentioned dreaded print deadlines! :)

BW Double - not sure what you want us to do. The team is complete with the exception of a number 8. We are working on that along with the MDL riders as was reported in last weeks speedway star. The fixtures are complete and on the website. We are working on the many maintenance jobs that need doing at the track again as was reported last week, including replacing most of the fence posts and kickboards which have deteriorated in the bad weather. Nothing significant has changed and we had no new news to report on Monday which is the deadline for the speedway star. We have today finalised the details for press and practice and a meet the riders evening details of which will be released as soon as the press release has been drafted and which will hopefully be in next weeks edition.

• Like 3

As a reader of Speedway Star I'd rather read something other than made up news. That's what a lot of clubs do, and I don't see how producing a "what Tony Atkin has for breakfast" type story would be a good use of Jayne's time.

• Like 1

To still be racing at a very competitive level at Tony's "years" I think we would all like to know what he has for breakfast....

• Like 6