British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BuxtonTiger

Buxton Hitmen 2015

With more teams, points limit should be lower next year, teams more equal & Buxton would be more competitive; especially as Tony Atkin should be back

Maybe Buxton will take some Scunni lads as they now out of work.

• Like 1

Good start for Buxton to have Extance on board. What about something along the lines of Atkin, Williamson, Extance, Blacklock, Woolley, and what about Verge and Downes to add a little experience at reserve?

Good start for Buxton to have Extance on board. What about something along the lines of Atkin, Williamson, Extance, Blacklock, Woolley, and what about Verge and Downes to add a little experience at reserve?

I'd guess that Atkin will be back to lead the team and I hope that Paul Bowen gets a reserve spot after his form at the end of the season. I doubt that Williamson would be welcomed back and maybe a final chance for Blacklock on a 4.00 will add a bit of experience. Downes has done plenty of laps around Buxton and could fit in on his average.

I am sure that a few others - probably with bigger bank accounts - went after Extance so its good to see that loyalty still exists.

• Like 4

Apparently Williamson is doing a year out on his moto X instead. Atkin is like unofficially confirmed as well!

From the final averages this year, Buxton could go with the same line-up and be under 36 points. That would be Atkin, Carr, Extance, Blacklock, Woolley, Farnaby & Philips.

Without any knowledge whatsoever, I think more than half of that team will be back.

• Like 1

Not Carr, unless his fortunes have taken a dramatic turn for the better. I heard his injury is a severe one and he's going to need an extended time away from speedway to recover. My fondest hope for 2015 is that we hear some better news for Liam. If fit to start next season he'd be the first name on the team sheet, and without doubt one to watch in 2015.

And on the off chance that Liam or anyone who knows him is reading - best wishes for a full, speedy and comfortable recovery. :t:

• Like 2

Not Carr, unless his fortunes have taken a dramatic turn for the better. I heard his injury is a severe one and he's going to need an extended time away from speedway to recover. My fondest hope for 2015 is that we hear some better news for Liam. If fit to start next season he'd be the first name on the team sheet, and without doubt one to watch in 2015.

And on the off chance that Liam or anyone who knows him is reading - best wishes for a full, speedy and comfortable recovery. :t:

Liam's not going for a team spot but hopes to be back on a bike sometime next year.

Next signing announced tomorrow morning!