British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BuxtonTiger

Buxton Hitmen 2015

Would like to have seen Jack Lee back but speedway star says he as gone to Sheffield looks like he as gone but not forgotten, national league should be more interesting next season bring it on

• Like 1

The third name on the Buxton Team sheet for 2015 is one of the National League’s hottest three pointers, Paul Bowen. Bowen also affectionately known as the ‘pie-man’ due to his day job, only began riding speedway 10 months ago and made an instant impact when he made a few appearances towards the end of last season. He says he was delighted to be approached to join the Hitmen

‘Ever since Ryan (Blacklock) introduced me to Jayne (Moss) last year it’s been a fantastic experience and I can’t wait to do my first full season with Buxton. Everyone tells me Hi-Edge is a hard track to ride but I really like it. The Crowd have been superb as well and even though it may not be one of bigger clubs I would certainly say it’s the friendliest, quality over quantity for me for sure. This year I will be a lot stronger as I only rode a speedway bike for the first time in February and it’s been a massive learning curve’

The likeable Lancastrian added that he aims to be better prepared for the season to come

‘I’ve a lot more equipment now and am ready for the season ahead. I would like to thank my sponsors Trucks 2 go and Baler services Limited for their help this year. As well as everyone at Northside Speedway in assisting my rapid progression, but my biggest thank you goes to Karl 'Geordie' Armstrong who took me under his wing and as gave so much time and advice to me I can't thank him enough!’

On a final note he promised the Hi-Edge faithful a little bonus in return for a favour

‘I hope to see you all down there soon and I will keep up my promise and bring a few pies down, speaking of which please give Bowen pies a like on Facebook. Here’s to a great season, Hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year’

Bowen joins Tony Atkin and Adam Extance as the confirmed Hitmen for 2015 and another announcement is due next week as progress towards building a competitive septet for next season continues.

• Like 3

Happy new year to all Hitmen .next rider i guess Tom Wholley or Ryan Blacklock would have liked it to be Liam Carr but will he be fitt to ride .We will need to be stronger this year if we are to make a bid for any silverware

Ryan Blacklock got to be in the team.

• Like 1

Happy new year to all Hitmen .next rider i guess Tom Wholley or Ryan Blacklock would have liked it to be Liam Carr but will he be fitt to ride .We will need to be stronger this year if we are to make a bid for any silverware

Tom got announced as the fourth name and Liam won't be fit in time.

Cameron Hoskins signed as the 5th rider.

Over 12.5 points for the final two - if Ryan re-signs, it leaves 8.12 for the final rider.

Cameron Hoskins signed as the 5th rider.

Over 12.5 points for the final two - if Ryan re-signs, it leaves 8.12 for the final rider.

I wonder if other clubs have looked at Ryan.

HIs last NL average at the end of 2013 was 8.53

HIs last NL average at the end of 2013 was 8.53

Suprised someone hasn't picked up Rob, Friday night club Coventry was out, I heard he had a deal done but the points limit froze him out.

Junior