British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

Pressconference on 08.10 with PZM and Ole Olsen about the 2016 date and the 2015 disaster.

Well I've got my reply;

"Thanks for your enquiry to the motorsports department regarding Speedway. There will be some further information regarding the Warsaw SGP following this week, so please do keep an eye out on the website and social media.

Thanks again for your interest."

A bit bland to say the least but confirms what DutchGrasstrack said. We shall see..........

"The LOTTO Warsaw FIM ‪#‎Speedway‬ Grand Prix of Poland returns to the PGE Narodowy stadium on May 14, 2016. In addition, the PZM hosts a Poland v the Rest of the World event on Sunday, May 15.

Fans who attended the 2015 LOTTO Warsaw SGP and buy their 2016 tickets between October 19-26 can watch Sunday’s meeting for free! Tickets go on general sale from October 26. Click here for full details: http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/4517/"

• Like 1

"The LOTTO Warsaw FIM #‎Speedway Grand Prix of Poland returns to the PGE Narodowy stadium on May 14, 2016. In addition, the PZM hosts a Poland v the Rest of the World event on Sunday, May 15.

Fans who attended the 2015 LOTTO Warsaw SGP and buy their 2016 tickets between October 19-26 can watch Sundays meeting for free! Tickets go on general sale from October 26. Click here for full details: http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/4517/"

Oh dear ........ not ideal!! Do they really think this will make things right??!! Edited by Trees

The polish equivalent of Baldrick at the PZM must have exclaimed ' I have a cunning plan '.

One which Mr Blackadder at BSI should have heard with great scepticism.

Of course, it could be quite a 'cute' solution to offer a freebie to an extra, totally irrelevant, meeting

Last year they could not get the track right enough for the riders to complete a dozen races.

The practice session itself being judged by some to be a contributor to the problems.

The Sunday restaging date being pointless then.

Next year they plan to run forty races or more.

So good luck with that.

I'm off to to book my flights ...

This deal sounds so totally foolproof, it would be daft to miss it.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

All very nice but as expected no result of the enquiry as promised to the fans. Yet another speedway scandal just swept under the carpet.

Well I for one will not be conned again!

• Like 1

but don't forget you get a free program for the Saturday........ no doubt you pay for the Sunday program though.

What an insult to all those that paid there way in 2015, many travelling to Poland, to watch a massive flop.

I just hope 2015 fans "vote" for this with there feet and stay away, and it would be nice if anyone planning to go in 2016 (but didn't go in 2015) join them by staying away too.

• Like 1

On the other hand the organisers might just put on a fabulous weekend to show people that this year's fiasco was a one-off.

• Like 1

On the other hand the organisers might just put on a fabulous weekend to show people that this year's fiasco was a one-off.

Once upon a time............................................................. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure::blink:

My post was ever so slightly tongue in cheek WK :wink: .

My post was ever so slightly tongue in cheek WK :wink: .

I know. :t:

Mine wasn't.

• Like 1

Hotels booked. Gonna be the best speedway weekend ever! After Zlata Prilba naturally...

#WhinersGonnaWhine

• Like 1

Fans who attended the 2015 LOTTO Warsaw SGP and buy their 2016 tickets between October 19-26 can watch Sunday’s meeting for free! Tickets go on general sale from October 26. Click here for full details: http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/4517/"

So last year's fans apparently have just 7 days to buy their tickets to watch some sort of mickey mouse select meeting the following day? Quite pathetic...

So last year's fans apparently have just 7 days to buy their tickets to watch some sort of mickey mouse select meeting the following day? Quite pathetic...

That said Mickey Mouse event tickets are sponsored PZM, so me thinks PZM is sort of taking the blame for 2015. Why dont you concentrate on that for the winter... :t:

Not like you to be so negative Hump