British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

Hell's teeth - when I saw 'Celtic Warrior' - I thought we were talking WWE.

Thankfully I was wrong.

Apologies if I have missed it but have there been any results of the inquiry/investigation in to the shambles we witnessed in Warsaw?

Or am I too naive to expect such a thing.

Apologies if I have missed it but have there been any results of the inquiry/investigation in to the shambles we witnessed in Warsaw?

Or am I too naive to expect such a thing.

A very good point - I had forgotten about that. :t:

The Star will report in full when word comes out, won't they?

• Like 1

Did the twitter aftermath of the bust up between Greg and Nicki in Sweden yesterday give a little hint as to who really wanted the meeting off in Warsaw?

Nicki Pedersen ‏@nickipedersenDK

@GregHancock45 Stop cry it didnt hurt when running after me 😂 Thank yourself for this crash. Dont ask my help again like you did in Warsaw

• Like 3

Google translation of Sportowefakty article

Polish Motor Union does not want to further cooperation with Ole Olsen. If the BSI, the organizer of Grand Prix will not allow another company to build the track, this competition at the National Stadium will not take place.

The report will come out at the same time as Darcy's statement I reckon.

Will it be written in crayon as well then?

• Like 1

Google translation of Sportowefakty article

Polish Motor Union does not want to further cooperation with Ole Olsen. If the BSI, the organizer of Grand Prix will not allow another company to build the track, this competition at the National Stadium will not take place.

The was some confusion about that statement as it was from Ciegelski and not directly from PZM according to the comments section underneath the report

From the SGP website on 22nd April 2015 (thought I'd better add the year as this is going to be a long job!)

"BSI Speedway would like to further update fans following the unfortunate events of the FIM Speedway Grand Prix (SGP) in Warsaw.

A full investigation is underway and BSI Speedway is working with the FIM, the PZM and Speed Sport to understand all the issues that led to the curtailment of the Grand Prix. This investigation will focus on the track and the starting gate and we will update fans in due course."

As a disgruntled fan I am STILL waiting for an update, "in due course!".

• Like 2

From the SGP website on 22nd April 2015 (thought I'd better add the year as this is going to be a long job!)

"BSI Speedway would like to further update fans following the unfortunate events of the FIM Speedway Grand Prix (SGP) in Warsaw.

A full investigation is underway and BSI Speedway is working with the FIM, the PZM and Speed Sport to understand all the issues that led to the curtailment of the Grand Prix. This investigation will focus on the track and the starting gate and we will update fans in due course."

Why am I not surprised? :sad: :sad: :sad:

Google translation of Sportowefakty article published today

One of Krakow companies in recent days received a reply from the Polish Motor Association on the request for payment regarding the Polish Grand Prix at the National Stadium.
Polish Grand Prix will be long remembered as disastrously organized event. Recall that shortly after the event some fans decided to file a class action lawsuit. And although the president of the Polish Motor Association - Andrzej Witkowski assured the pages of a radio station that he cares about an amicable settling the case, however, some supporters represented by the law firm received no reply. It became the basis for the subsequent filing lawsuits against PZM.

Among the lucky ones who received a response from the ASN should be firm KIM Group, which sent a letter to payment. In response, however, we read, among other things, that:
PZM exercised due diligence by organizing the Grand Prix, and viewers are able to watch competitions at the National Stadium in safe conditions. The competition started, ran and ended with the emergence of the winner, in accordance with relevant regulations in this respect the FIM. In addition, there were also provided in the Grand Prix of additional events, ie. The farewell ceremony Mr. Tomasz Gollob cycle Speedway Grand Prix and the fireworks from the coast of Szczecin.

Recall that the contest ended after three series starts in view of concerns about the health of athletes track and malfunctioning starting gate. Farewell Tomasz Gollob was far from solemn parting cycle GP. And it is these aspects emphasize the fans and the company demanding compensation from ASN. - Our office is preparing a lawsuit because the arrogance of these people is too high. We bought 50 tickets including 6 pcs VIP and wanted a refund or tickets for next year's GP. Obviously, the answer was negative - said Krzysztof Gawel from the company KIM Group.

Edited by racers and royals

So 5 months later and still no results of the "full investigation"!?

Apathy rules!