British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

Oh come on. You are spoiling a great conspiracy.

Next people will be saying paying £500 with a tour company is vfm.

Tickets and accommodation for 3 nights, with flexibility for the sunday we have spent £120 so far. Maths anyone?

Depends on what sort of accommodation you want.Did new zealand + 2. Cricket test matches having 4 weeks for less than what tour operator were quoting for their 2 week tour.If you are prepared to do it yourself there is no comparison.We have 4 nights + flights for less than £260 (For 2 people) in 4star hotel .Some people like everything done for them butyou have to pay a premium for this . We would much sooner do it ourselves then we can afford to go more often.

• Like 1

Tbh always travel by booking myself but it can lead to problems as in arguments in a Bydgoszcz hotel surrounded by local thugs! Then again it adds to the trip! It's far cheaper booking by yourself but if money's no object I can see the advantages of organised tours

• Like 1

Have shared many a flight with people on "package tours". They use Ryanair the same as I do (other airlines are available), get seats in the same stadiums as I do, just that they get picked up from the airport in a chartered coach, whereas I use the bus.

The booking.com web site (other web sites are available ;-)) offer lots of great deals on hotels, and when you know the tricks to look out for, renting a car from Hertz can be exceptional value as an alternative to public transport. If you want to go by bus or train around Poland, then, well, trains are trains, and the Polish Railways are getting better every year. polskibus.com (other coach companies are avaialble) offer some good inter-city coach travel options too.

With everything being able to be done online at home (or at work if your boss isn't looking) and if you can trust yourself to get it right, then the economies of doing so are compelling.

Edited by uk martin
  • Like 2

I'm sure the Polish fans will travel. Even in Poland, a speedway meeting in the National Stadium is something special. A 50,000-plus crowd would make the Warsaw SGP the biggest speedway meeting in the world.

...in MODERN times. An 80,000-plus crowd saw a Wembley v West Ham National League match in 1946 for one example.

I'm checking the GP website regularly for any more availability on tickets, but if anyone knows of 3 anywhere, I would appreciate it. Got flights and hotels booked and never saw that tickets were on sale til it was too late. Thanks.

I'm checking the GP website regularly for any more availability on tickets, but if anyone knows of 3 anywhere, I would appreciate it. Got flights and hotels booked and never saw that tickets were on sale til it was too late. Thanks.

I suspect a game of brinkmanship is afoot. It's in the interests of BSI / Polish promoters to sell out their VIP tickets so the longer they keep the cheap seats back, the more that people caught somewhere between the devil and the deep blue, like yourself, will be emotionally blackmailed into buying the VIP tickets. I think that the cheap seats will become available again at some point, but not for a while.

Edited by uk martin

Thanks Rico - I did see them, but although the tickets are advertised at £38, there's a £6 booking fee ad VAT to add to that making it £52 for a £12 ticket. nice work if you can get it eh?

Edited by villiers210

I would think the price will come down in time. No consolation but there will doubtless be plenty of tickets available from touts on the day and for a lot less than viagogo.

Rico

Has anyone noticed how slowly the remaining VIP tickets are selling compared to the rush on the cheap seats?

If the cheap seats have been bought to be sold via third party web sites at a huge mark-up then they must have bought in bulk on the basis that one £38 sale (according to a previous poster) justifies 3 bought tickets at face value...so there could be a lot of "wastage" if the prices don't come down, leading to an embarrasingly empty stadium on the night. It could also dispell any hope of them ever coming back into the Kupbilet system and being available at proper prices.

Has anyone noticed how slowly the remaining VIP tickets are selling compared to the rush on the cheap seats

I really think you are reading too much into the situation.

The cheapest seats were 49zl, the most expensive non VIP seats were 99zl

The VIP seats are 850zl.

This makes the VIP seats 17 times more expensive than the cheapest seats and more than 8 times more expensive than the most expensive non VIP seats.

I would not expect many of the VIP seats to be sold, but in the main used as hospitality for sponsors, dignitaries.

Rico :rolleyes:

Edited by Rico

I really think you are reading too much into the situation.

The cheapest seats were 49zl, the most expensive non VIP seats were

The VIP seats are 850zl.

This makes the VIP seats 17 times more expensive than the cheapest seats and more than 8 times more expensive than the most expensive non VIP seats.

I would not expect many of the VIP seats to be sold, but in the main used as hospitality for sponsors, dignitaries.

Rico :rolleyes:

Hi Rico completely agree-although i think there is a 99ZL price missing in your post.

• Like 1

Google translation of E speedway.pl article.

Ole Olsen owned company Speed Sport sent to the ASN project on track for April Grand Prix in Warsaw. The length of 271 meters will eventually 93 centimeters. In the case of long we had three different versions. Polish side spoke first about 298, then 290 meters.

Olsen, in turn, initially estimated length of the speedway track at the National Stadium at 275 meters. Finally, at the finished project, we are 271 meters and 93 centimeters. Other parameters: the width of the straight - 10 meters, width on curves - 14 meters, the length of the curb - 265 meters in length, the band - 344 meters.

At this time, Speed Sport makes machine park project, which will be located on the straight opposite the pit straight.

Nothing has changed when it comes to the material that will be used to build the track. When it turned out that the material to be imported from England that voices were heard that yet in place, in Poland, we also have syenite, so why bring it from abroad. However, the situation is such that Olsen has a contract on the ground and politely as he decides where does the material. This is proven from England. Olsen knows how and when to use the mix and what proportion. None of the ASN does not intend to interfere with his powers, he also has extensive experience Dane in the construction of the track day

Anyone who is thinking of going or hasn`t a ticket and could cancel their hotel booking could have a look here http://www.pzmtravel.com.pl/pzmoferta/foreigner,package,868.html

Doesn`t look too bad.

Edited by racers and royals

Anyone who is thinking of going or hasn`t a ticket and could cancel their hotel booking could have a look here http://www.pzmtravel.com.pl/pzmoferta/foreigner,package,868.html

Doesn`t look too bad.

They do love their Bank Transfers in Poland, don't they? If your bank is like mine, you can add £30 to the cost of transferring money abroad. Must investigate these online bank transfer web sites.

Apart from that, what isn't immediately obvious on the web site, and you only notice on the application form is that the price is in EUROS not zloties. So, prices are between £140ish - £150ish for a ticket, a night's kip and a breakfast.

Edited by uk martin