British Speedway Forum
Halifaxtiger

E Petition On Noise And Residency Near Motor Sport Stadiums

I think a lot of complaints JUST MIGHT relate to clearance of the track/stadium work on Saturday nights after the small oval car meetings have finished. I don't know how accurate this is but I recall hearing that this sometimes went on until 3 a.m on a Sunday morning. However, I add, I have attempted to get clarification of this time without success, so it could well be rumour. I have also been told that some people living in the Mildenhall Stadium area are unhappy that car races also take place on Saturday evenings. :unsure:

Sorry to ask for clarity Gustix, but do you mean car racing in the stadium or 'boy racers' around the streets of Mildenhall? :unsure:

Sorry to ask for clarity Gustix, but do you mean car racing in the stadium or 'boy racers' around the streets of Mildenhall? :unsure:

Ray: as the thread is about noise in regard to Mildenhall Stadium I think this comment clarifies that it is in regard to NOISE FROM THE STADIUM?

My Post said:

I think a lot of complaints JUST MIGHT relate to clearance of the track/stadium work on Saturday nights after the small oval car meetings have finished. I don't know how accurate this is but I recall hearing that this sometimes went on until 3 a.m on a Sunday morning. However, I add, I have attempted to get clarification of this time without success, so it could well be rumour. I have also been told that some people living in the Mildenhall Stadium area are unhappy that car races also take place on Saturday evenings.

Edited by Guest

Ray: as the thread is about noise in regard to Mildenhall Stadium I think this comment clarifies that it is in regard to NOISE FROM THE STADIUM?

My Post said:

Oh, I see. So what we are saying is, perhaps, if the car activity had finished at a reasonable time, say 10.30, with no further noise, Mildenhall wouldn't have an issue?

Oh, I see. So what we are saying is, perhaps, if the car activity had finished at a reasonable time, say 10.30, with no further noise, Mildenhall wouldn't have an issue?

Sorry Ray. Interpret as you wish. I can't be bothered any more...! :sad:

I think it may not have been an issue - no. I must admit that I would probably be a bit narked if someone was making a racket at that time in the morning. Difference is though, I would not go to Law over the issue.

• Like 1

I have been reading through this & have found that people want to disagree with each other for more that the topic itself. I have signed & was proud to do so.

• Like 3

I have been reading through this & have found that people want to disagree with each other for more that the topic itself. I have signed & was proud to do so.

Well said Sir. :t::approve: :approve: :approve:

• Like 1

I have a farmer friend in Cornwall who found it was planned to build an estate of houses in a field adjacent to his silage pit, he objected to the development on the basis that the pit had been there for over 20 years and the local authority agreed that the PP would include recognition of the presence of the pit and a codicle added to the deeds removing from the new residentss the right to complain.

It took 3 weeks for the first complaint, he refered the resident back to his solicitor for not informing him of this condition contained in his deeds. End of story.

• Like 4

I have a farmer friend in Cornwall who found it was planned to build an estate of houses in a field adjacent to his silage pit, he objected to the development on the basis that the pit had been there for over 20 years and the local authority agreed that the PP would include recognition of the presence of the pit and a codicle added to the deeds removing from the new residentss the right to complain.

It took 3 weeks for the first complaint, he refered the resident back to his solicitor for not informing him of this condition contained in his deeds. End of story.

Its truly astonishing that someone buys a property next to a silage pit and then complains about it 3 weeks after moving in. I hope it stinks to high heaven.

While the farmer was absolutely right to take the action that he did and the local authority equally so to impose the conditions that they did, that really shouldn't have been totally necessary.

I doubt if there is anyone that would disagree that both planning permission and the fact that someone moves in next to a stadium should be highly relevant factors in determining a nuisance claim whatever the circumstances might be. Hopefully, this petition will be the first step in ensuring that they are.

• Like 3

Which suggests that whenever housing and being built anywhere near a speedway track we should all en masse write to the councils objecting so that it's put into the deeds that those people cannot complain. No good for homes already there but as Tesco like to tell us, "Every little helps"

As it goes with the silage pit near to where I live is a farm they have over the years built house in the valley and the farm is now surrounded by over 300 houses, the last few to be built there where right by the farms back yard and next toa holding pit full of green stagnent water and also run off from the farms milking parlor. In summer it stinks to high heven and the nearest house is just 5 feet away from this.

How could anyone even contenplate buying a house built so close to this. Not the farmers fault as it is not his land they built on.

Just the same with anyone who buys a house close to a stadium the should expect to hear noise. If they know it is there they should go and take a look on a race day so they know what to expect when they move in.

Not start a hue and cry after the event.

• Like 1

As it goes with the silage pit near to where I live is a farm they have over the years built house in the valley and the farm is now surrounded by over 300 houses, the last few to be built there where right by the farms back yard and next toa holding pit full of green stagnent water and also run off from the farms milking parlor. In summer it stinks to high heven and the nearest house is just 5 feet away from this.

How could anyone even contenplate buying a house built so close to this. Not the farmers fault as it is not his land they built on.

Just the same with anyone who buys a house close to a stadium the should expect to hear noise. If they know it is there they should go and take a look on a race day so they know what to expect when they move in.

Not start a hue and cry after the event.

Although looking over at a farm slurry pit cant be very entertaining the home owners living on the boundaries of a speedway track could try and turn the whole thing round and make use of a free grandstand view from their (warm) bedroom windows :lol:

Could even be a selling point for some!

Edited by Skid Sprocket

I have been told that anyone buying a house near the new stadium at Swindon will be made aware of the speedway, as they may purchase in the winter, and they will have to accept the fact that bike noise will happen.

The developer is trying to amend the original plans, which had a light industrial trading estate between the stadium and the houses, and is now wanting to reduce the size of the light industrial area and build more houses which will be built nearer the stadium but as far as I am aware this change in plans has not yet been given the go ahead.

I have been told that anyone buying a house near the new stadium at Swindon will be made aware of the speedway, as they may purchase in the winter, and they will have to accept the fact that bike noise will happen.

The developer is trying to amend the original plans, which had a light industrial trading estate between the stadium and the houses, and is now wanting to reduce the size of the light industrial area and build more houses which will be built nearer the stadium but as far as I am aware this change in plans has not yet been given the go ahead.

Don't know when/if they will start building the new Stade de Lite. I drive past it every day, the new homes are springing up fast, wouldn't mind living there myself, preferably with view over track. There was supposed to be a care home in the plans.

keef