British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ivanhoward

Heats Formula

Its only for Clubs, riders and managers (and the programme editors) to be aware of before the first team meeting of the season. I really cannot understand why people get so uptight about it - there will be 15 heats involving all 7 riders from each team , end of!!

Do people go to footie matches knowing in advance who will take each free kick, corner, penalty or throw-in???? :oops:

Well said, plus it seems a usual lets moan about anything Speedway related question.

I know there will be minimal changes to last years formula with only the away number 4 coming in earlier than Heat 5.

That said, im more than happy to wait till I see my first match to see what the formula is.

Its only for Clubs, riders and managers (and the programme editors) to be aware of before the first team meeting of the season. I really cannot understand why people get so uptight about it - there will be 15 heats involving all 7 riders from each team , end of!!

Do people go to footie matches knowing in advance who will take each free kick, corner, penalty or throw-in???? :oops:

You took the same approach last year, and shun every other people views. You look at the world through those blue tints and seem blind to anything to the contrary. The problem with you, and likewise the BSPA, they put little interest into the feelings of the fans. They need to realise that no fans, then no sponsorships. No fans then no sport.

I have read many opinions about the quality of the Elite league, and feel the introduction of NL races into the EL program is of prime importance and the fans should know of this beforehand. Obviously from your comment above, its not that important. I suggest you take your head out of the sand and see the real world, ask yourself, why are Fans turning away ?, Why are clubs folding ? ; why are top riders turning their backs? . and the answer to all those questions is down to the way our sport in run.

But don't worry..... Like you say END OF !!!!!!!

Ps. As for your last sentence liking football to speedway says it all. There is no similarity between the two. But to put what you say into perspective, would you go along to Old Trafford to watch the Man Utd if they had to use Oldham defence or a Coventry midfield...... that's nearer to the point..... Who takes the free kicks is irrelevant...

You took the same approach last year, and shun every other people views. You look at the world through those blue tints and seem blind to anything to the contrary. The problem with you, and likewise the BSPA, they put little interest into the feelings of the fans. They need to realise that no fans, then no sponsorships. No fans then no sport.

I have read many opinions about the quality of the Elite league, and feel the introduction of NL races into the EL program is of prime importance and the fans should know of this beforehand. Obviously from your comment above, its not that important. I suggest you take your head out of the sand and see the real world, ask yourself, why are Fans turning away ?, Why are clubs folding ? ; why are top riders turning their backs? . and the answer to all those questions is down to the way our sport in run.

But don't worry..... Like you say END OF !!!!!!!

Ps. As for your last sentence liking football to speedway says it all. There is no similarity between the two. But to put what you say into perspective, would you go along to Old Trafford to watch the Man Utd if they had to use Oldham defence or a Coventry midfield...... that's nearer to the point..... Who takes the free kicks is irrelevant...

The topic is about the heat formula not the current make up of teams or the strength of the league, or how many races the Elite Reserves are in - the latter is not expected to change from 2014, unless they insist on both reserves taking 4 rides minimum?! The main change expected is around the away number 4 getting an earlier first race than waiting til heat 5!

Not sure what 'blue tints' has to do with anything?? Don't Kings Lynn ride in blue? I'm a fan of 30 years + and would like to think fairly intelligent (although others may disagree). Like others on here it doesn't concern me one jot that as a fan I don't know who is going to be in what race until I get to the meeting. I know the 3 heat leaders will get 4 or 5 rides each and that there will be 15 heats involving the 7 riders that I know are in my team unless any are missing through injury etc.

If I bring someone new to a meeting, as I have on many many occasions, do you really think they wouldn't attend unless they knew the race format 2 months in advance.

Enjoy your moaning and Happy New Year!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

It's quite amazing that those who know least about the rule making process are the first ones too criticise it.

The SCB is affiliated to the ACU who are affiliated to the FIM. Therefore the SCB rules have to be consistent with FIM rules, now, let's try ha bit of lateral thinking . There is at least one very major topic that has been discussed on here and in Speedway Star that is awaiting s decision for the FIM . Of course the moaners will not know what it is because it suits them to be in ignorance of such things so they can continue with their whinging and whining, but I'll give them a clue. It's somsthing to to with a Rule 10 relating to machine standards. That is just one thing that has been well publicised but possibly their is more technical spec to come from the FIM that has not been publicised. So clearly the SCB regulations cannot be finalised until they get the nod from the FIM.

Also I think the NL promoters don't meet till January and the final post AGM meeting of the othe promoters is usually in January so it's diifficult to see how the Regulations could be finalised earlier.

Finally , there is usually a meeting of SCB officials ie machine examiners etc or at least the newly qualified ones each season and it's reasonable that such meeting should betake place so they get the rules before they are in the public domain.

Frankly it's quite astonishing that of all the massive problems facing the sport the same few wingers constantly bleat off about the most trivial.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 1

Well said, plus it seems a usual lets moan about anything Speedway related question.

I know there will be minimal changes to last years formula with only the away number 4 coming in earlier than Heat 5.

That said, im more than happy to wait till I see my first match to see what the formula is.

It's not quite as important as finding out the sex of your new baby, people can't wait to have that scan whereas it was so much more exciting finding out when the baby was born, just be patient people ☺

It's quite amazing that those who know least about the rule making process are the first ones too criticise it.

The SCB is affiliated to the ACU who are affiliated to the FIM. Therefore the SCB rules have to be consistent with FIM rules, now, let's try ha bit of lateral thinking . There is at least one very major topic that has been discussed on here and in Speedway Star that is awaiting s decision for the FIM . Of course the moaners will not know what it is because it suits them to be in ignorance of such things so they can continue with their whinging and whining, but I'll give them a clue. It's somsthing to to with a Rule 10 relating to machine standards. That is just one thing that has been well publicised but possibly their is more technical spec to come from the FIM that has not been publicised. So clearly the SCB regulations cannot be finalised until they get the nod from the FIM.

Also I think the NL promoters don't meet till January and the final post AGM meeting of the othe promoters is usually in January so it's diifficult to see how the Regulations could be finalised earlier.

Finally , there is usually a meeting of SCB officials ie machine examiners etc or at least the newly qualified ones each season and it's reasonable that such meeting should betake place so they get the rules before they are in the public domain.

Frankly it's quite astonishing that of all the massive problems facing the sport the same few wingers constantly bleat off about the most trivial.

Thanks for the info, if not the sarcasm. I am well aware of the many problems the sport is facing. Probably if all issues were in the open than more people would be able to see the issues and procedure of these problems and understand the delays...

I've never been described as a moaner, more of a realist. I primarily support the Stars, but my main love is for the Sport..... My complaint is that the fans are the last to know, and to me that unacceptable....... whatever the reasons............

Thanks for the info, if not the sarcasm. I am well aware of the many problems the sport is facing. Probably if all issues were in the open than more people would be able to see the issues and procedure of these problems and understand the delays...

I've never been described as a moaner, more of a realist. I primarily support the Stars, but my main love is for the Sport..... My complaint is that the fans are the last to know, and to me that unacceptable....... whatever the reasons............

FWIW I can see from the majority of your posts that your hearts in the right place, although I can't say the same thing about certain others. But if I can say this in the right context, I do think you look on the black side a bit in some of your off season posts, although you do make some fair and constructive points at other times. Unfortunately we have a few others on the forum that never ever have anything good say and seem to want to kick the sport at every opportunity.

• Like 1

Isn't the format going to pretty much the same but moving a heat or 2 around?

• Like 1

Imagine that, speedway fans interested in something speedway related and wanting to discuss it. What ever next. All speedway fans hibernate form November 1st and wake up in March. Now teams are more or less complete we don't have much left to discuss now.

It is important as there were discrepencies(sic) with the format last year especially with a far easier position at number 2 for home riders compared to someone at 4....and the wait for an away rider til heat 5 to have to face usually the home sides top two riders was ludicrous...why do ya think Dakota North has an average about 1.75 more than his actual ability lolol

To merely suggest it doesnt matter and its 7 v 7 over 15 heats is potty...lets move the draft riders up to 1&3 cos it doesnt matter as long as its even sides...... :P

• Like 2

It is important as there were discrepencies(sic) with the format last year especially with a far easier position at number 2 for home riders compared to someone at 4....and the wait for an away rider til heat 5 to have to face usually the home sides top two riders was ludicrous...why do ya think Dakota North has an average about 1.75 more than his actual ability lolol

To merely suggest it doesnt matter and its 7 v 7 over 15 heats is potty...lets move the draft riders up to 1&3 cos it doesnt matter as long as its even sides...... :P

Didn't say it wasn't important - just not important for fans to know now!!! Much prefer they take as long as they like and make the necessary tweak(s) to improve those errors before the first meeting programmes are printed!

They took along time last season and got it wrong

What you have got to remember in all of this is that, like football, some fans think that they are better managers than the real managers and play fantasy speedway at meetings. You know how it goes - "If I were him I would put x out as a TR in the next heat" or " If I were him I would swop the reserve rides in heat Y".