British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ivanhoward

Heats Formula

Has anyone seen the heat formula for 2015?

Same as 2014 I would assume.

it was stated it would be different. probably find out on march 15th

First match must be March 13th then

• Like 2

Yes, it was reported that there would be changes so that the visiting no 4 does not have to wait until heat 5 for their first race. Guess we will have to wait until the SCB publish the 2015 Regulations. The 2014 Regulations were published in March.

Such a shame the BSPA don't appear to place as much importance into these things as they should. We had this same attitude last year, when waiting for the new format to be announced. They appear to think, as long as the format is in place before the league starts then all is well. Nothing could be further from the truth.

All format changes should've be in place from the AGM so Team Managers can take on the implications of the new program when assembly his team. Last year, the format gave the 2nd strings(2S) a free run to score points far easier than Heatleaders(HL), but the TM, didn't know this until March 2014, when all teams had already been selected.

It has been said, this year's format would be different, Like as, the top tier FTR would include 1 race against a HL; The No 4 would race before Ht 5; Team positions would be dictated by the CMA and no swapping riders positions to be allowed. All these ideas will have an influence on the riders scoring potential, and it is for those reasons the TM ought to know well before the season starts.

No doubt there will be posters on here saying where's the problem, and its the same for all teams. Yeah, it probably is.... But It does the sport no favours, when nobody is aware of the format ahead, Not the riders, Nor the fans, Nor the TM. How can managers negotiate with riders when they don't know how they will score. Why should Fan buy season tickets when they know nothing of the format of racing ahead.

No, I don't see any of this changing this year and the sport will be continue in the shambolic way it always has. No doubt the format will be published in March ready for the new season and nobody knowing what lies ahead.... Such a pity there is not more planned and structured approach to our sport from the people who matter...............

• Like 5

Maybe the clubs know the format but just havent informed the fans which maybe they feel they dont need to.

I agree this is wrong and we should be told but maybe they dont think it makes any difference to fans in general.

Most fans probably didnt know it had changed last year until they turned up for a meeting.

If as you suggest the clubs havent been told then that is bad but as we know not out of character.

Maybe the clubs know the format but just havent informed the fans which maybe they feel they dont need to.

I agree this is wrong and we should be told but maybe they dont think it makes any difference to fans in general.

Most fans probably didnt know it had changed last year until they turned up for a meeting.

If as you suggest the clubs havent been told then that is bad but as we know not out of character.

Last year the new format wasn't decided until the end of February.

Its only for Clubs, riders and managers (and the programme editors) to be aware of before the first team meeting of the season. I really cannot understand why people get so uptight about it - there will be 15 heats involving all 7 riders from each team , end of!!

Do people go to footie matches knowing in advance who will take each free kick, corner, penalty or throw-in???? :oops:

• Like 5

Its only for Clubs, riders and managers (and the programme editors) to be aware of before the first team meeting of the season. I really cannot understand why people get so uptight about it - there will be 15 heats involving all 7 riders from each team , end of!!

Do people go to footie matches knowing in advance who will take each free kick, corner, penalty or throw-in???? :oops:

With you there. It's a bit anorak (another thing speedway needs to eradicate) that race format is seen so important.

It's all about people knocking up their own race-cards which has no importance to the sport of speedway what so ever.

14 rider's

4 laps

15 heats

What else do we need to know

• Like 2

Have to disagree with you here Skidder me old mate.

Firstly we know we can't compare different sports. Racing bike .... kicking leather ..... no comparison.

Also the more professional team managers do endeavour to work the race format to gain the biggest advantage. I know of one who not only studies the riders line up in each meeting but also the gate positions. Yes I know everyone gets one ride from each gate, but he will work his line up so he gets the optimum benefit. Even switching reserves to gain advantage where necessary.

Personally I think this is good as it is taking a more professional approach, rarely seen in speedway, and taking it to a higher level.

• Like 2

Everything should be done dusted and sorted out before the AGM, and should be announced in the statement after the meeting.

The clubs in the EL or some of them are holding back on signing their last riders. It is not good for the fans being left in the dark, we are getting very close now to the start of the new season and some clubs have not finished signing riders, it will not help the clubs wishing to sell season tickets if the fand don't have a clue who will be riding for their team, why bother at all if at the end of the day they end up having to fill places with riders that are not good enough to ride in the EL because they have left it to late to fill the team places with top class riders.

It is bad on behalf of the BPSA and also bad on the clubs who seem to be going all very quite on who they are planing on to fill the last team places.

I for one want to go and watch what you pay for and that is to see EL teams with EL riders, not something that is a buch of second rate riders in the EL because they have wasted time dithering about to decide what they want to do.

After all it is the people who run the sport who makes the rules.

They seem to me to be a bunch of amatuers, who are in need of a great big boot up the bum and someone running the show who knows what they are doing. If not our sport will be lost.

• Like 1

Everything should be done dusted and sorted out before the AGM, and should be announced in the statement after the meeting.

The clubs in the EL or some of them are holding back on signing their last riders. It is not good for the fans being left in the dark, we are getting very close now to the start of the new season and some clubs have not finished signing riders, it will not help the clubs wishing to sell season tickets if the fand don't have a clue who will be riding for their team, why bother at all if at the end of the day they end up having to fill places with riders that are not good enough to ride in the EL because they have left it to late to fill the team places with top class riders.

It is bad on behalf of the BPSA and also bad on the clubs who seem to be going all very quite on who they are planing on to fill the last team places.

I for one want to go and watch what you pay for and that is to see EL teams with EL riders, not something that is a buch of second rate riders in the EL because they have wasted time dithering about to decide what they want to do.

They seem to me to be a bunch of amatuers, who are in need of a great big boot up the bum and someone running the show who knows what they are doing. If not our sport wil

They seem to me to be a bunch of amatuers, who are in need of a great big boot up the bum and someone running the show who knows what they are doing. If not our sport will be lost.

Given that so many top riders shun the EL anyway there are not enough "stars" to give each team 2 each!.

Have to disagree with you here Skidder me old mate.

Firstly we know we can't compare different sports. Racing bike .... kicking leather ..... no comparison.

Also the more professional team managers do endeavour to work the race format to gain the biggest advantage. I know of one who not only studies the riders line up in each meeting but also the gate positions. Yes I know everyone gets one ride from each gate, but he will work his line up so he gets the optimum benefit. Even switching reserves to gain advantage where necessary.

Personally I think this is good as it is taking a more professional approach, rarely seen in speedway, and taking it to a higher level.

Don't disagree with any of that Baz - but any team manager can do that before any meeting. There is no advantage in knowing the race format now rather than the week before the season starts.