British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Bspa Meeting With Ukv&i?

How can speedway possibly have a problem with this visa thing with all the know alls on here :P

Thats the wonderful thing - some of us have been asking questions for years on here. But what do we know eh?!

It's not even a debate. One is named correctly, the other isn't, quite simple.

You are right though, PL reserve births should be filled exclusively by British Riders.. the PL won't play ball however.

There does seem to be a growing will for the PL to introduce its own "fast track' in 2016.

IMO they need to go further but at least it would be a start.

The danger is there is always an easy reason why not to for a perceived short term gain.

• Like 2

Cook, Lawson, etc etc should be exclusively EL which would make room for NL up and comers - like it used to be when Div 2 heat leaders moved up -

development of riders would be a clear path NL to PL to EL

don't bother replying Bwitcher i know i'm wrong

Cook, Lawson, etc etc should be exclusively EL which would make room for NL up and comers - like it used to be when Div 2 heat leaders moved up -

why weaken the pl and reduce the earnings of british riders, when you could instead create positions by removing mediocre foreigners?
  • Like 2

Which NL rider is going to replace Craig Cook, the No 1 rider in the PL?

I can see the point you're trying to make, however it's flawed.. As Cook/Lawson wouldn't be replaced by a NL rider, simply a new Dane/Swede etc would be brought in.

It's the bottom end of PL teams that needs to be sorted out.

• Like 1

you can say that again, rather a large number of 'foreign' PL reserves in the current team line-ups who have had 2,3,4 seasons and still have a CMA below 4...would the top end NL riders be better given the time (and the same financial support?), would they be any worse? be interesting to track the development of reserves in teams with one UK and one 'foreign' reserve in PL...

• Like 1

It is the highest level league in the UK. Therefore, it is the Elite. 100% accurately named.

By mocking the 'Elite' League, which IS the highest standard you are really putting your boot into the 'Premier' League which is below it. :)

I'm sorry BW - I couldn't resist. You really are very sensitive and defensive about it though aren't you? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Your second comment is just silly. You are better than that. :rofl: :rofl:

Your second comment is just silly. You are better than that. :rofl: :rofl:

Why is it silly ..not one PL would beat a EL team .

I'm sorry BW - I couldn't resist. You really are very sensitive and defensive about it though aren't you? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Your second comment is just silly. You are better than that. :rofl: :rofl:I

If it's silly WK, it only strengthens my argument further.

Why is it silly ..not one PL would beat a EL team .

But crucially I have never, ever said that they would. The Elite League Teams, by and large, have better Riders so I would expect them to beat a Premier League Team. If you had but the sense to realise it, my problem is with the Name itself. The Elite League is very FAR from Elite - just under one third of the Riders in each Team are National League Riders orion, BW. That means that at least TWO Riders are THIRD Class. They may improve, some have but most are not of such a standard as to be called Elite? League Rider.

Before you say it, the Premier League is badly name too - it is never Premier.

Why the hell can't Speedway get back to the British League Division One, Division Two and Division Three - for THAT is what they are.

Anything else is pretentious nonsense.

Edited by The White Knight

Name a higher level league for speedway in the UK.

If you can, your point is valid.

If you can't, the Elite League is appropriately named.

I think what is now incredibly clear, that the BSPA can no longer be trusted as an organisation. Unfortunately that throws a blanket over the entire sport, because they are responsible for it. Such negligence, as has been highlighted, is inexcusable. There are so many people involved in it, it has its own type of bureaucracy, that invents its own rules. It has essentially been a semi-professional sport for a long time now, attempting to be professional. For the record I'm behind this 100%. In principle I agree with the criteria set by UKV&I and find it astounding that such a body as the BSPA can fail, so spectacularly, to adhere to the rules set. It is truly incredible.

For a long time there has needed to be an independent body governing this sport. Whilst its run by the promoters for the promoters we will continue to be dragged through the dark ages. If ever you needed proof that this sport is being run this way to satisfy certain circles and individuals, then this is it. Jobs for the boys.

From the bottom, the entire product needs looking into. I'm fully behind the young brits being given a better speedway education. That starts in the NL, through to a reserve spot in the PL, and then to the EL. If your good enough, of course. The PL needs to take some responsibility for that instead of filing the league with journeymen foreigners.

I'm hoping they go hard with this, and make an example of the BSPA. The problem there is keeping the integrity of the sport intact, and just the sport as a general principle, operating. Its so fragile, so poorly run, it will take essentially nothing to bury it into the ground.

I think the biggest irony of all, is that a bit of basic common sense could have seen this sport working like it should, because the very criteria given to achieve the visa in the first place would have stopped 90% of the problems. The answer was staring at them all along.

Edited by acef
  • Like 2

But it's the men in charge at individual clubs that have made mistakes with paperwork, along with unlawful guest, loan and doubling-up rules, which is the BSPA, as I understood it.

I can see your points here but I think in this situation there is a difference between the BSPA and the clubs. True, all clubs belong to the BSPA but not all of them have been found to be flouting the specific rules laid down by the UK V&I and, indeed, some that have been flouted are trivial. Blaming the BSPA as a whole is a bit like blaming Parliament for the expenses scandal, when in fact it was only certain MP's.

Further to that, other sports have also been cited so I think it is a matter between employer and migrant.

I don't see it that way; the individual clubs are the employer this is their problem. The BSPA is no more than a trade association which happens to provide a structure within which the membership chooses to trade; the membership do not have to do what the BSPA say; there may be consequences if they don't, but there is no collective responsibility each individual promotion does what the devil it likes!

That's how I see it too.

People bleating on about not enough brits to fill the gaps, If the national league was set up and left to actually develop young talent, rather than use young lads as speedway slags to keep the EL alive and save money or let teams like Cradley last year take the mick.

Cradley's team was packed full of young British riders. They just happened to be able to attract the best of them.

Don't blame the EL.

The PL are the ones to blame for lack of progression of kids from the NL.

Dead right. Even this seasons teams have a number of second hand foreigners who have been over here for years but done nothing.

And when they do choose a British youngster it is sometimes the case that if he struggles for a few weeks he is booted out with all speed while foreigners doing the same are retained.