British Speedway Forum
doners1234

What The Visa Issues Could Mean For Teams.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Hugh Skidmore rides on a Dutch license, if does then he should be okay without having to marry his girlfriend.

Bet thats a huge weight of his shoulders,not having to marry a lass form Sheffield!!!

Im sure the Redcar faithfull can now refer to him a Lucky Hugh!

• Like 3

Marrying someone from over here means nothing now though! Wethers for example married to a Scottish girl and has a family now but still not allowed to ride

It does if you apply to be come a resident in the uk. But he'd need to set up home here.

skidmore does not have a problem (for whatever reason that may be) - from the horses mouth !

That's correct, sure I've seen a post from a relative saying no problems with your passport.

When I was at school, which wasn't yesterday, we were taught it was "an hotel" so how does that make it modern?

An Hotel was what I was taught. Grammatically that is correct. A Hotel is just the continuing degradation of the English Language. It's a bit like Colour, Programme and their americanization to Color and Program.

Bloody makes me sick. :mad: :mad: :mad:

And, my pate hate, gotten instead of got.

Is that off the top of your head? :o;):P

One thing people seem to be forgetting is that the clubs have to get their sponsor licences before they can apply for the visa..................what has been approved so far is the fact that clubs can now apply for the sponsor licences.............

RP

One thing people seem to be forgetting is that the clubs have to get their sponsor licences before they can apply for the visa..................what has been approved so far is the fact that clubs can now apply for the sponsor licences.............

RP

I think that giving UKVI have said they will work with the clubs, and after they had a workshop with them last Friday would lead me to believe they wouldn't let the clubs put in the request for a sponsors license if it was likely to fail.

An Hotel was what I was taught. Grammatically that is correct. A Hotel is just the continuing degradation of the English Language. It's a bit like Colour, Programme and their americanization to Color and Program.

Bloody makes me sick. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Is that off the top of your head? :o;):P

I was taught that 'an' was to be used before any word begining with a 'vowel',,,

but I was also led to believe that a 'visa' was something you used if you had no cash, or needed to 'chucky-on' for a bit,,,

and I'm pretty sure that, that bit is'nt grammatically correct ;-)

An Hotel was what I was taught. Grammatically that is correct. A Hotel is just the continuing degradation of the English Language.

which rule of grammar is your basis for that claim?

Both seem to be acceptable, but unless you are not pronouncing the "h" then "a hotel" would seem more correct.

• Like 1

which rule of grammar is your basis for that claim?

Both seem to be acceptable, but unless you are not pronouncing the "h" then "a hotel" would seem more correct.

The way I was taught ENGLISH in School. Correct English that is...................................

• Like 1

The way I was taught ENGLISH in School. Correct English that is...................................

that doesn't really answer the question. The fact that you were taught something doesn't necessarily make it right?
  • Like 2

Bet thats a huge weight of his shoulders,not having to marry a lass form Sheffield!!!

Im sure the Redcar faithfull can now refer to him a Lucky Hugh!

could be worse,,, she might've been from Scunthorpe ;-)

• Like 2

that doesn't really answer the question. The fact that you were taught something doesn't necessarily make it right?

You've just shot down the world's education system.

• Like 2

So riders with question marks against them (under a 7 ave) However may qualify other ways?

Wethers

Sedgeman

Henry

Manzares

Skidmore

Douglas

Poole

Proctor

Campton

T Kurtz

Smith

J Holder

Davies

Qualify other way

Heeps

Wells

Harrison

Christian Henry is long term domiciled in UK (same as Ricky Wells) and is OK.

Christian Henry is long term domiciled in UK (same as Ricky Wells) and is OK.

what does that mean, will he be fit to ride ???