British Speedway Forum
doners1234

What The Visa Issues Could Mean For Teams.

I'm presuming that this is because the BSPA have ignored the UKBA rules for the past couple of years. The BSPA allowed Somerset to use an Aussie at a lower points limit than the UKBA stated last year IIRC. Weren't the BSPA due to have a meeting with the UKBA about this? It appears that the BSPA were more worried about upsetting Somerset than the UKBA and now UK Speedway is paying the price...

• Like 3

I'm presuming that this is because the BSPA have ignored the UKBA rules for the past couple of years. The BSPA allowed Somerset to use an Aussie at a lower points limit than the UKBA stated last year IIRC. Weren't the BSPA due to have a meeting with the UKBA about this? It appears that the BSPA2 were more worried about upsetting Somerset than the UKBA and now UK Speedway is paying the price...

Ah yes, I think I remember something about that and posting at the time that it was dangerous to try and cheat the UKBA these days.

So you could be right.

but they are not the only riders affected by this. It also affects holder, batchelor, doyle, ward, north, fricke and woodward

the first four on the list all average over 7. Fricke is national u21 champion.

have woodward or north finished top four in a state competition?

the first four on the list all average over 7. Fricke is national u21 champion.

have woodward or north finished top four in a state competition?

Woodward came 3rd in the Aussie championship in 2013 so I'm sure he will be ok. North came 2nd in the same year. Edited by woz01

Clearly more than the BSPA when it comes to working out who is or isn't top class. Letys be honest, theres not a single rider listed in the first post that is "World class" is there? So none of them should have a work permit. Why are we letting in rubbish riders who add very little? Grajzonek and Fisher are the only two close to it.

That's a bit harsh isn't it? There may not be any on that list who could currently be labelled "world class", but there's one or two youngsters on there that certainly have the potential to be.

I'm not sure the majority on that list "add very little" either. They offer a darn sight more than some of the crap Brits that will have to be shoehorned in to make up the numbers if these guys get refused Visa's!

I do agree however that over the years, far too many overseas riders who were clearly not good enough were given Visa's and team places over here at the expense of Brits of a similar standard, that shouldn't have done.

Edited by Steve Irving
  • Like 1

That's a bit harsh isn't it? There may not be any on that list who could currently be labelled "world class", but there's one or two youngsters on there that certainly have the potential to be.

I'm not sure the majority on that list "add very little" either. They offer a darn sight more than some of the crap Brits that will have to be shoehorned in to make up the numbers if these guys get refused Visa's!

I do agree however that over the years, far too many overseas riders who were clearly not good enough were given Visa's and team places over here at the expense of Brits of a similar standard, that shouldn't have done.

I suppose Manzares falls in to the "rubbish" category. He's a 20 year old who until last season had never ever ridden in any team speedway, who in his first season reached a very creditable 6+ PL average.

He was a joy to watch as well and definitely added something to the PL. If the criteria for qualification on here is correct, he should be fine though as he has a national U21 title on his CV from 2012.

Did not Jason Doyle have a tier 5 visa, which meant that he could only ride for one club in this country.

I know Ty Proctor had to choose between riding for Wolves and Sheffield which would hint that he will be using a tier 5 visa.

Maybe this is what the rest will have to do.

You cant get any visa without club having sponsor certificate..this its whats been removed

You cant get any visa without club having sponsor certificate..this its whats been removed

You'd expect something will be clarified publically on this issue sooner rather than later. I expect we'll hear something today at some point.

I doubt I'd get much leeway if I asked for an Australia visa because one day I'd be really good at my job. It's about the here-and-now.

I fully agree that Australians (and Kiwis) should be riding in the UK, but if they're not, it's a consequence of people voting for parties who want to keep immigrants out.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 4

but they are not the only riders affected by this. It also affects holder, batchelor, doyle, ward, north, fricke and woodward

Isn't Holders wife British?

I doubt I'd get much leeway if I asked for an Australia visa because one day I'd be really good at my job. It's about the here-and-now.

You could argue that a fair few of those are already good at their jobs, but just fall short of the "criteria" to now suddenly get a visa.

You're good enough to have a visa and ride over here if you averaged 7.00, come on over, but if you averaged 6.99 you're not good enough and stay away?

Or is it that if you require a visa and don't have dual nationality/British passport, you won't get one no matter how good you are?

Isn't Holders wife British?

Might be wrong but I don't think Holder is married, of course that might change now.

You could argue that a fair few of those are already good at their jobs, but just fall short of the "criteria" to now suddenly get a visa.

You're good enough to have a visa and ride over here if you averaged 7.00, come on over, but if you averaged 6.99 you're not good enough and stay away?

Or is it that if you require a visa and don't have dual nationality/British passport, you won't get one no matter how good you are?

This is it here...... If this 'above 7 is okay' is correct then....

Kozza Smith on 7.15 is okay but Justin Sedgeman on 6.99 is not okay.

This is clearly quite nonsensical.

What about the assessed 7.00?

Jack Holder, for example.

Is 7.01 okay but 7.00 is not okay?

Obviously a criteria means a line has to be drawn somewhere.

Edited by Joseq7

getting popcorn out and sitting back to watch the fallout on here in the next few days.

should be fun !

Yes, it looks like we are going to see some interesting times.