British Speedway Forum
doners1234

What The Visa Issues Could Mean For Teams.

He must, presumably, have some sort of residency then if he has a British wife? Presumably he could look into that?

You would have thought so. He is married to Ross Brady's sister and they have one child i think. I think of all the claimants to a visa to ride here, Matty probably had one of the best cases for a one.

Edited by Tsunami

You would have thought so. He is married to Ross Brady's sister and they have one child i think. I think of all the claimants to a visa to ride here, Matty probably had one of the best cases for a one.

2 is it not? :cheers:

2 is it not? :cheers:

i did wonder that. I think you are right.

So to be clear, amongst all this fog...

Sub7 Rusty qualifies through residency but sub7 Matty does not. Is this correct?

If this is correct what specifically has Rusty done that Matt hasn't?

Five years permanent UK residency?

Is this it?

Not to be too indelicate but where did Matt's wife have two kids if they're not resident in the UK for X years?

young bradley wilson dean from nz somehow managed to gain a visa at the end of january, think he may have british grandparents.

you cant argue against the rules, if you dont know the rules in the first place.

lets face it , even the B.S.P.A. dont know the rules. so why bring in rusty as an example against matty.

rules are rules, stick to them and pay your council tax.

Edited by jenga

you cant argue against the rules, if you dont know the rules in the first place.

lets face it , even the B.S.P.A. dont know the rules. so why bring in rusty as an example against matty.

rules are rules, stick to them and pay your council tax.

It's just to clarify the rules on this forum.

I'm certainly not pitting Rusty against Matty.

I'm just interested in the specifics of why Rusty qualifies but Matt doesn't.

If you know the specifics please share..... Again if you have already.

I dont know the specifics in this case obviously!

there are so many variables Joseq7 but in this case and from the wording on Workington's website I get the impression that Matty has applied for ILR rather than citizenship (which he would almost certainly get imo). ILR can be revoked at any time and with ILR there are certain restrictions which would possibly be the reason he requires but fails to qualify for a work permit.

This is guesswork however as

1. its a long time since I dealt with it and even then my dealings were in a limited area (although it was sport) and

2. there is a lot of assumption there and I am not sure why someone in Matty's position would have been advised to go ILR in the first place.

If anyone saw him voting in the referendum you can also rule all this supposition out as if he went for ILR he would not be entitled to vote

I dont know the specifics in this case obviously!

there are so many variables Joseq7 but in this case and from the wording on Workington's website I get the impression that Matty has applied for ILR rather than citizenship (which he would almost certainly get imo). ILR can be revoked at any time and with ILR there are certain restrictions which would possibly be the reason he requires but fails to qualify for a work permit.

This is guesswork however as

1. its a long time since I dealt with it and even then my dealings were in a limited area (although it was sport) and

2. there is a lot of assumption there and I am not sure why someone in Matty's position would have been advised to go ILR in the first place.

If anyone saw him voting in the referendum you can also rule all this supposition out as if he went for ILR he would not be entitled to vote

Like you, I don't know the riders or their situations. With ILR you are free to work (as you are with FLR - further leave to remain) so he wouldn't need a work permit. The Leave to Remain would be your permit to work and your visa.

If he is applying for ILR, then presumably he must already have some leave to remain here? If he doesn't, then he can't apply for ILR, but would need a spouse visa first - which lasts for 2.5 years. You need two of these before you can go for ILR.

As you say, none of these are guaranteed as permanent. You can only spend 3 months out of the UK on each period of Leave to Remain.

It would be interesting to know his exact situation with this. My own wife is from outside the EEC and we're currently going through the spouse process. The whole thing is not at all straight forward and you cannot automatically get it just by being married to a UK citizen.

Edited by grachan

So how the hell does Ricky Wells get it then? He's not married is he?

Get what?

I've had a quick look at the ILR application process & Tier 2 visa holders who've been here for 5 years, with less than 180 days/year away, and are still employed & paid fully are eligible.

Thanks for your insight Grachan and Lioness.

Pretty complicated stuff.

From the position of a casual observer the situation/history of Matt and Rusty just seemed to be very similar.

I've had a quick look at the ILR application process & Tier 2 visa holders who've been here for 5 years, with less than 180 days/year away, and are still employed & paid fully are eligible.

I read that Troy Bachelor was particularly disappointed with this visa issue as he was close to being able to apply for ILR. I think he said it was because he's been resident here for nearly 10 years.

Having had his visa revoked, he may have to start the 10 year cycle all over again.