British Speedway Forum
norbold

Best Ever Norwegian Team

That was Dag. Maybe Old Fluffass was too, but Dag was the real king of the wet track.

My knowledge on pre 1974 Norwegians is pretty sparse, but surely Dag Lovaas would be better than 7th??

dag certainly was a classy rider. As a kid I remember watching him get a 12 point maximum for reading at west ham. He was still a big scorer for oxford in 1975, although the rebels move to white city in 1976 did not do him any favours.

Meanwhile Australia continues to throw up quality riders on a seemingly never-ending production line.

Although there was a short period between the end of the Phil Crump/Billy Sanders era and the start of the Boyce/Adams era where the Aussies were struggling to track a decent team. Around the same time as Poland were competing on near equal terms with Hungary and Italy!!!

• Like 2

Sverre Harrfeldt at West Am probably the best Norwegian I saw(did well in World Final), then Berg and Eide. Odegaard, Stangeland and Gramstad were decent riders for Swindon.