British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Priority Over Double Up Riders 2015

The EL and the PL have always worked to the same rules with regards to assets. I'm not sure where this myth comes from that EL clubs have it easier.

Poole do seem to have this amazing ability to snap up more riders than any other club but I don't think thats due to them being an EL club. Just due to them being a big club and almost being bale to bully there way around

So how did Pboro sign the likes of North and Poole?

Assets but unused.

Bellego on the other hand despite actually riding for a PL club was not an asset when he moved due to not having ridden enough meeting to qualfy.

Adam Ellis signed by Lakeside -unused until tested out in PL and found to be a good prospect. For him to have been an asset of a PL club he wouldve neeed to ride the min number of meetings.

Would have been interesting if this rule had been in place last year when Stefan Nielsen was riding for Coventry in the NL and Belle Vue in EL.

Presumably Belle Vue (EL) would have had priority over Coventry (NL) because Nielsen is owned by an EL club - Coventry!

This, in my opinion, is where the asset system is wrong. An EL club can sign or pay a fee & not ride for them for a rider where , for PL clubs, a rider has to have ridden 12 meetings.

Have they?

Must admit, I always thought that EL clubs could sign "assets" without said rider even turning a wheel for them (albeit a limited number?), while a PL club had to sign a rider, and that rider had to complete 6 home and 6 away fixtures (or simply 12 fixtures?) before the rider became a club asset?

I could possibly have completely made that up..

I'm certain. There is no difference. Clubs have alwats done it. The "agreement" (as there are no rules on assets - there proof the BSPA think they're on dodgy ground with assets straight away!) are that a rider have to do 4 home and 4 away I think it is but they can protect one rider a year. Where as for some obscure reason, Brit are a free for all.

The rules were actually brought in because about 20 years ago Eastbourne invited a load of riders (mainly Finns) over for a practice session and signed them all up as assets :D

So how did Pboro sign the likes of North and Poole?

Assets but unused.

Bellego on the other hand despite actually riding for a PL club was not an asset when he moved due to not having ridden enough meeting to qualfy.

Adam Ellis signed by Lakeside -unused until tested out in PL and found to be a good prospect. For him to have been an asset of a PL club he wouldve neeed to ride the min number of meetings.

Bellego has caused a lot of problems - you only have to read any Glasgow/Berwick thread for that one. I think it comes down to there not being any hard and fast rules and someone playing silly buggers. As for Ellis, he's a Brit, there seems to be a free for all on them.

I think the biggest issue is the whole system is a joke rather than PL clubs are at any kind of disadvantage. And then you have Poole and there games, they pay airfares for riders and then agree to buy them once they have been over here a few months and become an asset of the PL club.

But when you look at most of the double uppers, the EL clubs have either bought them or they started with them in the NL. It's Ellis who signed randomly for a club (I'm guessing the Neil Vatcher effect come in hand here!)

Would have been interesting if this rule had been in place last year when Stefan Nielsen was riding for Coventry in the NL and Belle Vue in EL.

Presumably Belle Vue (EL) would have had priority over Coventry (NL) because Nielsen is owned by an EL club - Coventry!

I would hope that the EL has priority over the NL regardless. Professional league vs training league.

One thing we all seem to agree on is that the asset system isnt fit for purpose.

Probably defended by those who wouldnt change it as the lesser of 2 evils as a true freelance approach could see the rich clubs 'raid' riders once proven.

Is that so different to now though? And at the end of the day each team can only have 7 riders and build within the points limit.

One thing we all seem to agree on is that the asset system isnt fit for purpose.

I think thats a fair assessment. One of the reasons it was kept was for work permit reasons but that little scam has been outlawed now. So I wonder what other reasons they have?

Why?

A rider should be prioritised for the club he is owned by, irrespective of league. End of.

Why? Because it was always crazy that the lower league had priority over the higher one. That's why.

You think a rider should be prioritised for the club he is owned by? I agree. That's what I said in the part of my post that you decided to delete from your quote.

So who goes where then? (parent club)

Auty
Bates
Birks
Blackbird (Mildenhall)
Cook
Ellis (Lakeside)
Garrity
Howarth
Kennett
Kerr
King (BSPA) Coventry
Lawson
Morris
Newman
S Lambert
R Lambert
Nielsen (Coventry) Belle Vue
Robson Coventry
Rose
Sarjeant (Coventry)
Starke
Stead
Wells
S Worrall
Wright

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Lewis Blackbird is owned by Mildenhall, so who gets priority, Wolves or Panthers ? Cardinal Sin, please don't come on here & say he belongs to Ipswich, because he doesn't. P.M. me & I will prove it to you.

This, in my opinion, is where the asset system is wrong. An EL club can sign or pay a fee & not ride for them for a rider where , for PL clubs, a rider has to have ridden 12 meetings.

8 meetings to which include 4 home 4 away--ie he got his average

The following list of doubling riders is not a comprehensive list, but if you do not like guests and R/R it will give you some idea of matches to miss should fixtures clash.

Simon Stead Belle Vue Sheffield

Steve Worral Belle Vue Newcastle

Stefan Nielsen Belle Vue Ipswich

Danny King Coventry Ipswich

Stuart Robson Coventry Redcar

James Sarjeant Coventry Glasgow

Robert Lambert Kings Lynn Peterborough

Lewis Kerr Kings Lynn Newcastle

Edward Kennett Lakeside Rye House

Ashley Birks Lakeside Sheffield

Josh Auty Leicester Scunthorpe

Simon Lambert Leicester Peterborough

Kyle Newman Poole Plymouth

Paul Starke Poole Somerset

Nick Morris Swindon Glasgow

Kyle Howarth Swindon Workington

Charles Wright Swindon Somerset

Lewis Rose Swindon Newcastle

Lewis Blackbird Wolverhampton Peterborough

Josh Bates Wolverhampton Sheffield

Edited by oldtimer

Lewis Blackbird is owned by Mildenhall, so who gets priority, Wolves or Panthers ? Cardinal Sin, please don't come on here & say he belongs to Ipswich, because he doesn't. P.M. me & I will prove it to you.

When Chris Louis left Mildenhall earlier this year, Mildenhall said that he belonged to Chris Louis personally and there was an issue surrounding him and another ride that I can't remember the name of that needed sorting out for him to officially leave but I'm not sure how it ended up.

When Chris Louis left Mildenhall earlier this year, Mildenhall said that he belonged to Chris Louis personally and there was an issue surrounding him and another ride that I can't remember the name of that needed sorting out for him to officially leave but I'm not sure how it ended up.

• Like 1

The EL should always get priority unless the rider is owned by his PL team. What other sport would give their second tier priority? Then again what other sport lets participants play for more than one team in professional competiton?

The asset system is ridiculous and needs scrapping, priority should be sorted via level of competition. That said, if the EL had a set race night that no clubs in lower tiers were allowed to race on then there would be no clashes whatsoever.

• Like 1

The EL should always get priority unless the rider is owned by his PL team. What other sport would give their second tier priority? Then again what other sport lets participants play for more than one team in professional competiton?

The asset system is ridiculous and needs scrapping, priority should be sorted via level of competition. That said, if the EL had a set race night that no clubs in lower tiers were allowed to race on then there would be no clashes whatsoever.

EL will never go to one race night.................too many issues with local authorities and other stadium users to be able to do it...............

So who goes where then? (parent club)

Auty

Bates

Birks

Blackbird (Mildenhall)

Cook (Edinburgh)

Ellis (Lakeside)

Garrity

Howarth (Workington)

Kennett

Kerr (King's Lynn)

King (BSPA) Coventry

Lawson (Glasgow)

Morris

Newman (Poole)

S Lambert

R Lambert

Nielsen (Coventry) Belle Vue

Robson Coventry

Rose (Swindon) King's Lynn

Sarjeant (Coventry)

Starke (Somerset)

Stead (Sheffield)

Wells

S Worrall (Belle Vue)

Wright

Added the ones that I know for definite..............

Someone mentioned Dakota North being a Peterborough asset...............but not being used.........he is no longer their asset and is being used by his parent club................

RP