British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Noodles

Peterborough V Gb Select 15/3/15 2pm

Blimey, one weekend he pulls out of the ben fund, a week and half a lap later he gets injured. Looks like karma has paid him a visit. Get well soon Adam.

Did he pull out or asked last minute but wasn't ready at short notice?

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Max Clegg only found out he was riding via comments on Facebook as I happened to be reading them at the time when he came on. :shock:

Is there a time when the sport is trying to tell you something. He is incredibly unlucky but sometimes it just might be worth calling it a day when fate is seemingly conspiring against you so often

Some may say that Roynon isn't "unlucky", but just a poor speedway rider.

I reckon the last season he went without injury was 2007, the Rockets last title winning season.

• Like 1

Yeah and some would say he's just to brave..he certainly is not a poor rider. Anyway I wonder who is available to replace him?..it would be foolish to run with r/r as we found out last season.

Bunyan or Hall look the most likely short term replacements for Roynon. Real shame that Adam Ellis is riding for Lakeside, because he was very impressive again yesterday.

Hall?

Not sure he would be welcomed by the fans!!

Haven't checked but maybe Ellis would only miss a couple of the Friday home meetings?

If so r/r but be ok for those.

Adam Ellis would only miss two meetings. That's who I would be on the phone too

He may only miss two Friday home matches, but he will miss three Friday away matches too.

stick with r/r at the moment. with simon Lambert carrying his form on from last season at worky. he will be better than anyone you bring in.

..and what if a rider in the remaining 6 gets injured?..r/r is a risk for 1 meeting let alone the 8 plus meetings roynan will miss. Ellis is a good shout but Rathbone seems to have his head screwed on and I trust he will do the right thing which is not bringing Hall or Phillips in.