British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
21st century heathen

Birmingham Vs Cradley (ch) 18th March 2015

BIRMINGHAM SURESTOP BRUMMIES: Adam Ellis, Adam Kirby, Sam Chapman, Harvie Banks, Tom Perry, Zach Wajtknecht, Alex Wilson.

CRADLEY MOTOR MARKET HEATHENS: Max Clegg, Luke Harris, Matt Williamson, Arron Mogridge, Nathan Greaves, Michael Neale, Ellis Perks.

BIRMINGHAM SURESTOP BRUMMIES: Adam Ellis, Adam Kirby, Sam Chapman, Harvie Banks, Tom Perry, Zach Wajtknecht, Alex Wilson.

CRADLEY MOTOR MARKET HEATHENS: Max Clegg, Luke Harris, Matt Williamson, Arron Mogridge, Nathan Greaves, Michael Neale, Ellis Perks.

Two pretty well balanced teams, and taking it rider against rider Ellis over Clegg, Kirby over Harris, Williamson over Chapman, Mogridge over Banks, Perry and Greaves level, Wotsisname over Neale, and Perks over Wilson which by my reckoning makes it 3 each and one pairing level. I wouldnt really expect the Heathens to use any T/R by the reserves as its only a Challenge, and as there isnt going to be any real home advantage this could go either way, Im pretty sure AE will get a 5 ride maximum, Tom Perry is the enigma which Tom will we get ? Im going to say he will score 11 from 5,

Kirby, Wilson, and Chapman 4/5 each, Banks will struggle 1 or 2, and Wotsisname 6/7 add them all up and it will be a pretty close meeting. Cleggy 10/11, Nathan 10/11, Willy 7, Perks 7, Harris 2, Mogridge 5, Neale 4, Thats my neck on the block now lets see someone else come up to be shot down. :lol:

Whatever happens looking at the forecast it looks like a goer, should be a packed house at the Barr, and hopefully the riders will all stay safe.

I took this from the Cradley website, which maybe clarifies some points with regards the Invisible Trophy,

"Wednesday’s meeting is the first leg of the Travel Plus Tours Challenge, hosted by the Brummies, with Cradley’s staging of the second leg also at Perry Barr next Wednesday, March 25.

The winners will receive the Dan McCormick Memorial Trophy following the sad passing of the charismatic promoter who was with both clubs during a glittering career".

So the winners will receive a Trophy, but it will be the late great "Dan McCormick Memorial Trophy" a fitting Memorial for a great man, who had connections with both Teams.

Edited by greyhoundp

Looking forward to being back tonight, know next to nothing about National League speedway beyond what I saw from the reserves in the EL last season so intrigued to see what it's like. Hopefully a well run meeting with a good crowd and some entertaining racing to get this third rebirth off to a good start. I need something positive to look forward to considering the shambles my football team is at the moment.

Just checked out the score from this evening and to be quite honest, provides nothing to make ANY fan enthusiastic about wasting their time (forget the money aspect !) in going along to a national league meeting.

Over the close season have read so many team announcements about the signing of 'x' or 'y' who have signed, but then when you look into their individual profile, have only recently taken up the sport.

Over the last 2 years have attended most of the Coventry Storm meetings at Brandon. Think for 2015 I will use the 10 quid or so admission price to buy some paint from B&Q, just 1 mile from Brandon, and watch it dry instead.

Well done to the GB speedway authorities ! IMO you have made what was a viable, and entertaining spectacle potentially pathetic.

Just checked out the score from this evening and to be quite honest, provides nothing to make ANY fan enthusiastic about wasting their time (forget the money aspect !) in going along to a national league meeting.

Over the close season have read so many team announcements about the signing of 'x' or 'y' who have signed, but then when you look into their individual profile, have only recently taken up the sport.

Over the last 2 years have attended most of the Coventry Storm meetings at Brandon. Think for 2015 I will use the 10 quid or so admission price to buy some paint from B&Q, just 1 mile from Brandon, and watch it dry instead.

Well done to the GB speedway authorities ! IMO you have made what was a viable, and entertaining spectacle potentially pathetic.

While I will agree that the reduced points limit did weaken the product , it's important to realise what the league is about. It's about young riders being given a chance , riders such as Clegg getting extra meetings, and in fairness if you didn't even go it's hard for you to say what the entertainment value was.

Junior

• Like 2

Markyb, Profiles saying they have only recently taken up the Sport ?? surely that is what the NL is all about! or am i missing something?.Two seasons ago Max Clegg and Nathan Greaves were Cradleys reserves now they are senior Heat Leaders, okay the result tonight looked one sided by the scoreline, but its a Challenge meeting, basically to prepare for the League meetings to come, thats why both Teams gave there riders there full programmed rides, The biggest factor in the scores was Adam Ellis only scoring 3 points from his 4 rides, i doubt Adam will have a score like that again at Perry Barr all season, most of the other riders except for Zach scored what was expected.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 1

what a stupid comment, this leagues for riders who have just taken up the sport. is it me or have I missed something. btw it wasn't a bad first meeting despite the scoreline. il leave it at that before I get banned :mad:

didn't mean to post my reply like that but im sure everyone gets my jist :lol:

So I deduce you are not a NL fan, but by the end of the season there will be new heros, new future world champions, future riders for Poole to poach, stay with it dear fellow it will be worth it

• Like 1