British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

Ipswich V Rye House 26-3-15

Foxhall has never been a happy hunting ground for us, so I'm expecting a comfortable home win in the region of 14-16 points.

We haven't done all that bad at Foxhall really apart from two relatively heavy defeats last year when we al knew the team wasn't the strongest there is and one in 2013. The past form reads:

2011 - 49-47

2012 - 47-46

2012 - 44-46

2013 - 55-35

2013 - 46-44

2014 - 55-40

2014 - 50-40

Edited by Phil Silvers

That's not too bad. My memory must be playing tricks with me.

That's not too bad. My memory must be playing tricks with me.

average 49.5 - 42.5 so better than the majority of teams visits to Foxhall

Rye house are normally one of the better visitors since ipswich been in the premier, and I see this visit being no different.

Taken from http://www.ipswichwitches.co/

Director of Speedway, Chris Louis, summed up his team's first meeting of the season: "It was as pleasing as it was frustrating to come away with what may prove to be a vital point. The evening was made 'interesting' by a lack of communication between the pits and the officials box. There’s been something very professional and composed about Cameron (Heeps) since his return from Australia a couple of weeks ago and it showed on Saturday. Calm and focused he went about scoring a very creditable 15 points with some good starts and even better passes. Danny (King) backed him up well and although we’ve only got one team meeting under our belts, I can see already why I was keen to bring him back at the earliest possible opportunity. His preparation for the season has been impeccable, he’s a team man through and through and brings a happy and calm atmosphere to the pits. New team manager, Phil Hilton, had a lot to deal with on his debut as well - R/R for Ritchie (Hawkins), Nico (Covatti) turning up just as the riders are leaving the pits for heat two, no pit to referee communication and a frustrated Gino Manzares! That’s a lot to handle on your first night, and he did us proud with a focused and professional job."

Well Chris Louis I think the new manager possibly cost us a draw or maybe the win, surely covatti should have had an extra ride either replacing Stefan or gino when they rode together, probably gino. That said I'm sure he did do the job on the night to be best of his abilities

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 2

Wonder what odds you'd have got on the result of heat 15 too having just looked at it.

Heeps first, Aspegren second with King and Kennett third and last! Not many would have predicted that.

Yeah heat 12,, surely a change was a no brainer

To be fair, early season TM's sometimes don't change riders to give them all track practice.

So are you saying they didn't care if the team didn't win, and send their teams fans home happy doing the best they could of to win? After spending hundreds and hundreds of pounds following my team around the country most weeks, that's not a very nice thing to know.

To be fair, early season TM's sometimes don't change riders to give them all track practice.

But if there is a chance for the win, you have to go for it! Its the attitude of "not winning or losing its the taking part" that has got uk sport in a mess! Oh well least i know not to bother with going for a few weeks until we have a chance of winning! :shock:

• Like 1

There's also the possibility that the team manager had a change in mind also, but for reasons not known to any of us didn't/couldn't make that change.

Unless you're right there in the thick of the action, it's impossible to know why some changes did or didn't happen during meetings.

No doubt sometimes managers miss a trick or two, but also I'm sure there are times when some decisions look baffling to us sitting in the stands, but make perfect sense down in the pits.

In a professional sport like football do they leave their non performing striker on the pitch if he isn't performing just to give him some extra match time? No, didn't think so. So is team speedway a sport or an entertainment.

• Like 1

EVERYONE deserves a run out at the start of the season. the more you muck em around , the less performance you get. its just the start of the season..good god..