British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

Ipswich V Rye House 26-3-15

Damn , I was really looking forward to tonight .

Called off with over 5 hours to start time and no more rain predicted , its lovely weather now but cool and a breeze . The track must be really bad !

Oh well , I suppose they've been heavily panned in the past for last minute call offs and didn't want the same to occur again .

Good Friday awaits us then .

• Like 1

what happened to the track covers?

Where all those yellow helmet covers that are not needed anymore.....

2 birds 1 stone! :wink:

Surprised they called it off that early with the forecast as it is.

• Like 1

Guess I will be staying in and washing my hair tonight now then

only the 1..... :wink:

oh no hang on, can't have meant your head! :shock:

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Surprised they called it off that early with the forecast as it is.

Very puzzling as prior to the early hours of this morning I cannot remember the last time it rained in this part of the country so it is not as if there could have been much standing water. Last 24 hours records this:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/u12b4ht3f

• Like 1

Very puzzling as prior to the early hours of this morning I cannot remember the last time it rained in this part of the country so it is not as if there could have been much standing water. Last 24 hours records this:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/u12b4ht3f

They obviously didn't fancy meeting us with so little track time under their belts. I'd take that as a compliment
  • Like 1

That call off is shocking, my garden is now bone dry only ten minutes away from Foxhall. Been sunny and windy for a while now, i just don't get that one little bit... :o

• Like 4

That call off is shocking, my garden is now bone dry only ten minutes away from Foxhall. Been sunny and windy for a while now, i just don't get that one little bit... :o

Like I said, they just didn't fancy facing us. I'm pretty sure they were expecting to beat us at Rye and we gave em a bloody nose.

One look at Jakobsen & Aspegren was enough for them to bottle it. Little bit more track time for them before they face us

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

congrats to ippo in having the 1st rainoff/postponed meeting in 2015. guest and r/r come to the party as well. SO early in the season.

A couple of times ever the last couple of seasons the promotion have said racing is on, but then it's been called off, so maybe this time they said it's off, when maybe it could have been on. Unless someone goes down to the track and has a sneaky look through the fence, we will never know.

• Like 1

A couple of times ever the last couple of seasons the promotion have said racing is on, but then it's been called off, so maybe this time they said it's off, when maybe it could have been on. Unless someone goes down to the track and has a sneaky look through the fence, we will never know.

Len Silver is no stranger to the early rain off, mostly he gets it spot on. As you say, unless someone gets a look at the track....