British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shady

Kenneth Hansen

With just 24 hours to go before the Comets first fixture of the new speedway season the club has been rocked by the news received today that their new number one, Kenneth Hansen, has been diagnosed with suspected testicular cancer.

Kenneth informed club owner Laura Morgan of the devastating news in a telephone call to her this afternoon.

Speaking on behalf of everyone connected with the club this evening, Laura explained the current situation: “Naturally this has come as a huge shock for Kenneth, as it has been for us all, and it is only when something such as this comes along that all thoughts of speedway are put into perspective.

“Clearly all of our thoughts are with Kenneth right now. He has returned home to Denmark late this afternoon for more tests and then to undergo whatever treatment is deemed necessary.

“Needless to say this has hit his team-mates particularly hard. Even though they have not ridden together as a team so far this year they have all known each other within the sport for many years, and the camaraderie of this year's side was already evident from last Saturdays press and practice day.

“Kenneth requested that we make his situation public in order to end any speculation as to his whereabouts, but in return may we respectfully request that he is granted some quiet time with his family back home in Denmark while he deals with the current situation.

“We fully acknowledge that supporters everywhere will want to leave their good wishes for Kenneth at this time but again, we respectfully request that it does not become a topic for debate, discussion or speculation on internet forums and the like.”

In Kenneth's absence the Comets will operate Rider Replacement at number one in their season opening ‘A66 Challenge' fixture at Redcar tomorrow evening; start time 7:30pm.

Edited by shady

Terrible news, lets hope Kenneth makes a quick and full recovery.

• Like 1

Shocking news. Wish Kenneth all the best. Hes a lovely person. I'm sure he will have the love and support of the whole speedway family. X

All the best to Kenneth on a quick and full recovery.

Awful news :( Best wishes to Kenneth and I hope these tests and the treatment go well and that he makes a full recovery.

• Like 1

I am sure everything will turn out ok for Kenneth. From personal experience I know what it's like when you are told you have cancer but I trust and pray that things get sorted as they were for me.

Sure we will see him back on the track in time to come.

All the best to Kenneth he was going well on Friday as well