British Speedway Forum
2ndbendbeerhut

Ipswich V Peterborough 3/4 Both Legs

Don't know about anyone else, but I thought we made hard work of that, far too many 3-3 in the middle of the meeting and against a team that wasn't exactly the strongest today.

So according to the speedway star we are favourites, certainly no where near favourites to me on that performance. Is covatti a gate and win or miss the start and last? Still very early in the scheme of things, but will have to improve vastly when a stronger team visits.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

I understand Nico only has one bike at present - a situation that isnt ideal IMO.

He is also due to relocate to Suffolk soon so hopefully will be able to get more organised and settled.

Perhaps then we will see the benefits in the form of more consistency.

Noticed Heeps in deep conversation with a paramedic about his left wrist.

Thought he would be fully over the injury which hampered him last year, but unfortunately looks like he's still struggling with it unless it was a new injury.

Didn't heeps himself say last year that he doesn't have any problems with his wrist? Apart from that he has no feeling in it.

Heeps seemed to spend his time between heats with the left arm of his team suit rolled up, and I also say him in conversation with a paramedic for a good 10 minutes or so who seemed to be talking him through some hand/wrist exercises.

On the meeting, half decent meeting with some good races especially during the first half of the meeting.

Edited by CardinalSin

Didn't think Heeps or Tungate looked too happy at the end tbh. King was quick but the others all looked down on speed, Only real difference was that the Witches were gating better. Heat 1 was a strange one, thought King was going but apparently there was a problem with tapes. Didn't look much wrong with King's gate in heat 6, just he being the EL rider was much sharper. Heat 7 should have been brought back but ref had a frozen moment. Garrity is a "bit" crazy isn't he and one of those riders that fans would love to have in their teams but not in the opposition! Heat 11 saw 3 riders fall, and the ref i think stated he didn't see exactly what happened to them so gave benefit... Looked as though Tungate picked up on his own whilst Bowen and Blackbird clashed behind him. Covatti looked a different rider in 14 when riding the correct wide line on his number 1 bike! :wink:

A wins a win, lets move on to next week......

Heeps seemed to spend his time between heats with the left arm of his team suit rolled up, and I also say him in conversation with a paramedic for a good 10 minutes or so who seemed to be talking him through some hand/wrist exercises.

On the meeting, half decent meeting with some good races especially during the first half of the meeting.

Maybe when he clashed with Garrity down the home straight of heat 3 his wrist was jarred?

On radio Phil did say that Cam was suffering with cramp in his arms, and also that cl gave nico bike a bit of a tweak before heat 14.

Enjoyed seeing my first speedway of the year and the win obviously but it appears its early days and there is still much to work on for most of the team .

Are we actually going to have a true out and out No1 this season ? Time will tell but it certainly looked like it today .

Shame for those who were going to Peterborough though that they couldn't be bothered to let everyone know at Foxhall what the situation was . Apparently it had been tweeted before the end of the meeting that it was off .

Still onwards to the next one .

It was announced before the meeting finished that Peterborough meeting was off

It was mentioned at least twice.

To be fair on them we didn't hear any announcements but the tannoy is sh1te when you're up in the stand opposite the starting gate.

I take it all back.

Edited by Super Blue

Well the three of us sitting together didn't hear anything or we wouldn't have started to head to Peterborough. Having said that, it's sometimes hard to hear anything where we sit.

Same as you superblue I didn't hear anything, but we do sit together

Edited by baldyman