14.Franz Zorn 31

15.Stefan Pletschacher 23

16.Maxim Sacharow 21

17.Stefan Svensson 20

18.Jonny Tuinstra 10

19.Markus Skabraut 4

20.Titje Bootsma 4

next weekend last two GP's in Berlin

Just as a footnote to the weeekend, here are the results from Friday's meeting at Assen:

Roelof Thijs Bokaal Final Placings:

1) Dmitri Chomitsevich (Russia)

2) Dani Ivanov (Russia)

3) Johnny Tuinstra (Netherlands) *

4) Artem Samorodov (Russia)

5) Marian Kreklau (Germany)

6) Raimo Henriksson (Finland)*

7) Jimmy Flyktman (Sweden)

8) Tommy Flyktman (Sweden)

9) Markus Skabraut (Austria)*

10) Tjitte Bootsma (Netherlands)*

11) Anton Weber (Germany)

12) Tommy Bjorklin (Sweden)*

13) Josef Siska (Czech Rep)

14) Sami Rasanen (Finland)*

15) Rene Verhoef (Netherlands)*

16) Jan Klatovsky (Czech Rep)*

17) Graham Halsall I(Great Britain)*

18) Rene Stellingwerf (Netherlands)

19) Martin Leitner (Austria)*

20) Mark Uzzell (Great Britain)*

21) Heinz Goldi (Switzerland)*

22) Thomas Cavigelli (Switzerland)*

23) Reinhart Greisel (Germany)

24) Hand Van Der Steen (Netherlands)

* = Golden Spike Competitor

GOLDEN SPIKE SERIES FINAL TABLE

1) Johnny Tuinstra - 52 pts

2) Markus Skabraut - 46

3) Jan Klatovsky - 33

4) Raimo Henriksson - 30

5) Tommy Bjorklin - 28

6) Sami Rasanen - 26

7) Tjitte Bootsma - 25

8) Martin Leitner - 23

9) Rene Verhoef - 22

10) Graham Halsall - 21

11) Robert Eibl (Germany) - 20

12) Heinz Goldi - 18

13) Thomas Cavigelli - 16

14) Mark Uzzell - 11

15) Rob Irving (Great Britain) - 7

16) Andreas Roth (Germany) - 4

17) Roger Newton (Great Britain) - 4

18) Jochen Reischmann (Germany) - 2

Golden Spike Rounds were at Films, Switzerland; Erfurt, Germany & Assen,

Netherlands.

Also, I did speak to a couple of Forum members, Wolfslayer and his mates. and if you were there I hope you enjoyed yourself as much as I did!

Will Bulankin do it in Berlin, or will Vitali hit form again?????

GOLDEN SPIKE SERIES FINAL TABLE

15) Rob Irving (Great Britain) - 7

Well Done Rob ...... 7 more than I would of got! :wink:

Well I am just glad you guys have put the results on here, now I can check my programme and see if I was keeping up.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you conkers, I did look out for you but the place was so packed out I didn't have a chance, It was some crowd.

I don't know if Midnight Lady went ? I looked out for a sign of north of the border and found Theo Pijper, (wearing his Monarchs jacket) that was good he's a nice guy.

I realy enjoyed my first taste of ice racing and now I have to seek out the best outdoor meeting to attend.

Any suggestions ?

I don't know if Midnight Lady went ? I looked out for a sign of north of the border and found Theo Pijper, (wearing his Monarchs jacket) that was good he's a nice guy.

I realy enjoyed my first taste of ice racing and now I have to seek out the best outdoor meeting to attend.

Any suggestions ?

Hi Discoll,

Glad you enjoyed your 1st ice speedway meeting I enjoyed it as much as ever, definately better than last year. Still think these guys are absolute nut cases and I do love Antonin Klatovsky's wheelies!! :D

We were standing just along from Theo on the saturday night on the 3rd bend, I had on my Monarchs jacket also along with 2/3 others in Monarchs jackets, sorry we missed you. ML unfortunately was too ill to travel so was unable to her her 1st Ice speedway experience she'll be there next year hopefully :)

My dad would suggest Berlin for an outdoor Ice speedway meeting.

Hi Conkers,it was good to meet up with you & i hope you got some good photos on Sunday.Discoll,Pammie is right Berlin is one of the good outdoor tracks,thats where me & my mates are going next year.Another good track is Inzell in Southern Germany,I'll find their website address out & post it up tomorrow. It was good to see Franky Zorn & Posa back on some sort of form in Assen.Spoke to Franky on Saturday afternoon & he told me in Russia he blew up 3 engines and now had to work for 2 weeks to pay for them,poor lad.After the sunday meeting my mate showed Posa, Khomitsevich running into the back of him on his video camera."he headed straight for you Posa" we said,"oh yes" replied Posa. When asked if he was coming back next year,Posa smiled & said "maybe,maybe". A true hero that man.

As Pammie said Discoll I missed out due to illness :cry::cry: I suppose there is always next year.

Good to hear you had a great time and yes Theo is a real nice guy.

Hope to see you if you and Peter are up at the Dale this season in the CL but try and be on time if you do come. No whizzing past me at the gate :P

Berlin is a good race track, but I think the spectating facilities leave a lot to be desired. I would agree Inzell is a cracking track, and possibly the nicest location of any track I've ever been to.

I'm working through my photos and should have a few on my site in the next few days, as I have a few commitments to fulfill with mags first.

As for the Posa crash in the Sunday A Final, I thought Ivanov took him out, but looking through a viewfinder - sometimes you miss a few things. The Swedish Manager was having a right good go at the Referee after the meeting on Sunday, as he felt Posa had been hard done to. Funny the referee didn't come into the press conference at the end of the meeting either. The Swedish press were a bit miffed at that too!

Oh well, if anyone is going to Berlin on Saturday/Sunday I would love to be there with you. Bulankin is going to be a good bet for World Champion, and I reckon Krasnikov is a future World Champion, and at 19 he was brilliant

Anyone who was there Friday will have seen the three Russian Kids who rode, and if they are an example of what is coming up in Russia, then the rest of the Ice World need to pull their fingers out, those kids are going places - Dani Ivanov - 17!!!! Dmitri Chomicevich - 18!!!! Artem Samorodov - 20!!!

The website address for Inzell is-www.dmv-lg-suedbayern.de When on the homepage just click on eisspeedway.I think your right about the Russians Conkers,the only thing they've got to worry about over the next 20 years is who's goning to be world champion for that year.As for Berlin,too close to call..........i wish i was going though

Posa is a true anomaly in any kind of motorsports, let alone arguably the most dangerous sport in the world. For someone his age to still be competitive speaks volumes for this great man. He is welcome for drinks, on the house, for the rest of his life at Sandmans Bar Grill and Bait Shop. ummm, well as long as i am in business, i have heard those Swedes drink like thirsty horses..Anyway well done to Posa from Ganja Bill and the Lads! :)

Thanks for the positive replies Sorry I missed you Pammie and I hope you are well again M.L.

Inzell looks a good bet for next year, thanks to Wolfslayer, Conkers and German Speedway Fan for the info on this thread, and best wishes to anyone going to Berlin for the final.

Edited by discoll

I was on the second bend and took the video that wolfslayer mentioned. There is no doubt the russians were fighting for the places and woe betied anyone who got in their way. Ivanov pushed Posa wide entering the start straight and was then hit as he entered the first bend by Chometseivich.

When Posa watched the replay he flinched watching the impact, but only gave a wry smile and a shrug of the shoulders.

Continuing with the bravery side of the sport, for those who watched Fridays meeting, you may not even have noticed Heinz Goldi. A fairly ordinary rider but he only has 1 leg!!!

He rides with a wooden lower limb on the left leg. So, brave or what?