British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve0

Swindon Robins Vs Poole Pirates 3/4/15

Poole have flouted nothing.

If Swindon needed a guest for Nick Morris at Coventry and Rory Schlein became available would you expect them to say no?

• Like 2

Are you allowed to reverse a redeclaration then? Its a case of playing with in the rules rather than by the spirit of the rules, but we'd do it. Schlein for watt at our place is fairly equal I'd say, so its game on

Far from worried just perplexed how your lot can keep getting away with flouting every rule going...

Kinda the point i was making...

Personally I can't stand Schlein after his disgraceful comments about Gary Havelock last year,but if he rides at 2 with Holder, Holder will be the second string in that pairing in the form Schlein has started the season.
  • Like 1

Bit of rain at the moment, but this should stop mid afternoon.

I doubt tonight will be on unless it seriously brightens up and the wet stuff stops! You never know with the British weather though!

If it is on, I would be interested in seeing if Rory lines up. Having re-declared they should not have a facility for Josh G!

Yes

So if Grajczonek is a Poole assets, why isn't he riding for Poole tonight, instead of Somerset?

So if Grajczonek is a Poole assets, why isn't he riding for Poole tonight, instead of Somerset?

Probably because he signed for Somerset at the start of the season.

Probably because he signed for Somerset at the start of the season.

Nothing in the rules about signing for clubs in any particular order:

16.1 Fixtures shall take priority as follows:
FIM SGP, SWC, SGP Qualifying Meetings, FIM Junior Speedway Championship Meetings, British Championships (Senior, Junior), BSPA Shared and Fee Events
Official Competitions: 1. Elite League; 2. Premier League; 3.National League.
NB. Non-Official Competitions have no priority over any of the above.
A Rider must be released to take part in a higher priority Meeting, unless he is “Doubling Up” or on the “Elite Draft”, in which case the priority for a clash of Official Meetings is as follows:
16.1.1 The “owning” Club (ie. on Club’s Retained List) or before the start of the Season was transferred with the full Transfer Fee being paid.
16.1.2 If neither Club has “ownership”, then it is determined by the League status of the Club that does “own” the Rider. If that Club is a NL Club then agreement can be made otherwise SR 16.1 applies.
16.1.3 The Original Fixture if there is a clash with a re-Arranged Fixture

Gentlemen's agreement probably. The same way that Josh was allowed to sign in the first place when the rules clearly state he isn't allowed except with the "express permission of the MC". And I fully expect Poole to re-declare again today so that they can still have Rory in the team. How many wrongs is that? The time has really come for the BSPA to have some integrity and stick to their rules and not allow clubs (one in particular) to continually manipulate them to their advantage!

Edited by Steve0