British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Panthers89

Rye House Vs Peterborough Panthers 6/4/15 Lc

Every speedway meeting is an away trip for us these days... :lol:

You'll be pleased, now the Waspels have added Leigh Lanham to their ranks.

• Like 1

I'm not an expert, but everyone around me was saying to drag the dirt in and water it. No use watering concrete, that would be dangerous. I'm not saying it would've had an impact on the result, but it may have helped. Rockets looked comfortable up until half way through the match. Opportunity lost

I think Eds lack of effort in heat 15 may have been somewhat of a 'I told you so' to Len?

Luke Bowen and Steve Boxall dear oh dear!!

Peterborough battered Ipswich tonight. The LC group is wide open once again

• Like 2

Rye House Press Release:::

::::::

(Easter) Monday Blues
Rye House 43 Peterborough 47
(League Cup; Monday, April 6th 2015)
The Restart Rockets’ powerful start to the season came to a halt as they conceded two late 5-1s to allow visitors Peterborough to a last-gasp 47-43 victory on Easter Monday.
Ably led by Edward Kennett and Anders Mellgren, who combined to rack up 23 out of a possible 24 points from their programmed rides, the Rockets looked in command as they led 34-26 with just five races remaining, only to see that advantage dissipate in the closing stages.
Exciting 17 year old Robert Lambert gave an indication of what was to follow when he passed Robin Aspegren - and so nearly also Kennett – in a thrilling Heat 10, before fellow game-changer Michael Palm Toft maxed out alongside Richard Lawson in the next to half the margin to four points.
Kennett was the victor in an epic Heat 13 in which the positions seemed to change lap by lap, but with Ulrich Ostergaard and – by half a bike length over Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen – Richard Lawson snatching the minor places, the Panthers remained in contention at 41-37.
Four laps later, the progressive scores were level after lightning gates from former Rocket Simon Lambert and Lewis Blackbird had proven decisive in their head-to-head against Steve Boxall and Luke Bowen.
With Kennett and Mellgren named to the nominated race, hopes were still high that the Rockets could rebound in the finale, only for Robert Lambert and Palm Toft – a very different proposition to the rider who had struggled for points in the first match between the sides – to spoil the party and claim the victory for Peterborough with another 5-1.
Rye House team manager John Sampford was left as shell-shocked as his troops by the way the Rockets had been sucker-punched in the closing stages. “It’s a massive disappointment to lose the way we did. We knew that they would come at us seeking revenge for our victory at the Showground, but we had them on the ropes when we led by eight points and we shouldn’t have let them back in the match. The last two heats floored us, for sure, but it shouldn’t have come down to those races.
“One or two of our riders weren’t able to match their performances in our earlier matches, but we also know inside that we’ve still got a team with great potential. We’ve just got to put this one behind us, pull ourselves together and move forward from it.
“Every team in this group has now lost at least one match, so it’s wide open to qualify for the semi-finals. We’ve got to focus on the matches to come, rather than look back at this one.”
Rye House scorers:
Eddie Kennett 12 (5 rides), Anders Mellgren 12 (5),Nikolaj Jakobsen 6 (4), Nico Covatti (guest) 4+3 (5), Robin Aspegren 4 (4), Steve Boxall 4 (4), Luke Bowen 1 (3)

Peterborough scorers:
Michael Palm-Toft 12+1 (5 rides), Robert Lambert 10+1 (5), Ulrich Ostergaard 7 (5), Simon Lambert 6 (5), Richard Lawson (guest) 5+2 (4), Lewis Blackbird 5+1 (4), Olli Greenwood 2+1 (3)

League Cup points: Rye House 0 Peterborough 3

Can anybody help me with some race times , slowest , fastest and heat 15 please

Could we have used Rob Branford instead of Covatti as a replacement for Kasper?

• Like 1

And I bet that said captain is sitting rather smugly over in NZ :lol:

Just feel sorry for the Riders who have to put up with it, annoyingly there are track staff who can prepare the track perfectly, but are not allowed to do it.Two Captains with years of experience between them can't both be wrong. Edited by Lord Skid
  • Like 1

Could we have used Rob Branford instead of Covatti as a replacement for Kasper?

It's a possibility I s'pose if Edinburgh allow it. We don't know how long Kasper will be out for

Edited by Shads

crikey what was wrong with Bowen 747 - looked woeful.... not the rider of a couple of seasons back...

Great effort by the Panthers - they'll have a great 1-5 when Allen comes back -

Cannot afford to get rid of Palm Toft when Roynon comes back either - that would seriously weaken the team...

• Like 1

Just seen Bowen is taking a break from speedway, right call I think.

so reports of Eddie having the hump and Luke taking a break - all seems back to normal in the Rockets camp then!

• Like 2

That's Silver for you. Needed to have gone 4/5 years ago. He's so stubborn these days he's ended up pissing everyone off. As I said recently, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's not there come the end of the season. If I had invested money in the club like the new owner the last person I would want running the club would be the silly old codger.

Good to hear Kennett had a go at him & hopefully the new owners will see sense shortly.

That's Silver for you. Needed to have gone 4/5 years ago. He's so stubborn these days he's ended up pissing everyone off. As I said recently, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's not there come the end of the season. If I had invested money in the club like the new owner the last person I would want running the club would be the silly old codger.

Good to hear Kennett had a go at him & hopefully the new owners will see sense shortly.

Eddie having a go will have absolutely zero impact, several strong and experienced riders have done the very same over the years...then people wonder why the team spirit in the pits is as it is.

Ha, didn't the last Captain have a row with Len about his crap track preparation, now Ed must be the troublemaker and disruptive influence.

in all fairness there was a threat of rain in the sky!! :o

Over Birmingham!! :rofl: