British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Swindon V Lakeside Thur 9th April

4 Guests in swindons side, 1 in kuckside. as tony E says . it is what it is.. labour government catchphrase. its more like an open meeting...

• Like 1

9 heats gone and it's hard to split the 2 teams. Much better so far from Kennett.

Still think Swindon will win this over the next couple of heats but Lakeside not making it easy for them

Very surprised that this meeting went to a last heat decider. First away point of the season for Lakeside.

Well done to both teams

Hans Andersen on the gas

A big thank you to the guests especially Hans who should've never left the Robins & Lewis but what a howler from Rosco leaving Perry in heat 9.

Poole always give Newman 5 rides & whilst there should be a rule that both reserves have 4 rides you have to be ruthless in sport if the rules allow it.

A win was massive though tonight.

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 1

I only went to this as was on holiday and it certainly didn't entertain me. Hans was good and EK was a different rider to the one we saw on TV last week but outside of those two, the riders were very inconsistent. Prior to the meeting, I'm sure they were playing 70's music (or very early 80's) and there was little or no atmosphere throughout the night. I have certainly lost my love of the sport and the tired presentation did nothing to rekindle my passion for the sport. Processional racing heat in heat out didn't help either!

Hans was tremendous - the number one Swindon don't have.

Well done to the ref for cracking on, and I got home before 10 - more like this please.

And Rosco is still hopeless tactically - Blackbird should have gone in Heat 9 and had five rides. Probably cost Swindon the third point, a real howler.

• Like 3

Good Crowd but a dull meeting ...Hans done well but I am still in shock that Perry took 4 rides ...can only think Rosco got caught out by the new race format and the need to change the weaker fast tracker in his second or 3rd ride

Edited by orion

Good Crowd but a dull meeting ...Hans done well but I am still in shock that Perry took 4 rides ...can only think Rosco got caught out by the new race format and the need to change the weaker fast tracker in his second or 3rd ride

A real bad mistake though & he should know the new format surely.

And Rosco is still hopeless tactically - Blackbird should have gone in Heat 9 and had five rides. Probably cost Swindon the third point, a real howler.

The rule has changed this year so Swindon still get all 3 points for winning at home :) Really pleased that we managed to grab a point though ... hopefully we'll get some more soon. Good to see Bech getting some points this evening!

• Like 3

Well done to the ref for cracking on, and I got home before 10 - more like this please.

ELITE LEAGUE
Swindon 47 (Hans Andersen 14)
Lakeside 43 (Andreas Jonsson 11)
Elite League points: Swindon 3 Lakeside 1
  • Like 1

You get 3 points for home win anyway...no points dropped.

Rosco has already admitted he dropped the ball on that one.

Odd meeting, always seemingly in the balance, decent sized crowd considering the Poole match just a few days before, not much atmosphere, reasonably close racing but not much in the way of passing.

• Like 1

I only went to this as was on holiday and it certainly didn't entertain me. Hans was good and EK was a different rider to the one we saw on TV last week but outside of those two, the riders were very inconsistent. Prior to the meeting, I'm sure they were playing 70's music (or very early 80's) and there was little or no atmosphere throughout the night. I have certainly lost my love of the sport and the tired presentation did nothing to rekindle my passion for the sport. Processional racing heat in heat out didn't help either!

I thought the atmosphere was ok actually. Some decent races and a fair bit of shouting and cheering going on.

You are right about the music, though. I just don't understand why they have to play music from over 30 years ago.

You get 3 points for home win anyway...no points dropped.

Rosco has already admitted he dropped the ball on that one.

Odd meeting, always seemingly in the balance, decent sized crowd considering the Poole match just a few days before, not much atmosphere, reasonably close racing but not much in the way of passing.

Which meeting were you at? I thought that there was a decent amount of passing. To be honest it was lacking atmosphere but I think I was glad just to get a meeting through with no injuries, although Morris did his best to wipe out Nicholls-that young man needs to calm down a bit!

I thought the atmosphere was ok actually. Some decent races and a fair bit of shouting and cheering going on.

You are right about the music, though. I just don't understand why they have to play music from over 30 years ago.

Gobey!

• Like 3

It seems I wasn't the only one who thought there was no atmosphere. As for decent races, I guess I am just harder to please than you.

I actually like that era in music but not at a sporting event in 2015!!!