British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Luke Bowen Takes A Break From Speedway

Which only means Rye have to ask to use him. If they ask and Peterborough say no it either means they have imminent plans to use him or are happy to hold him back.

He only has a few weeks at best before being ineligible for the MDL so is he going to keep turning up after that?

I could be wrong but I thought the doubling up age only came into play after a rider had spent a year doubling up. I think it may be too soon for Ayres, if there is a debut pl season exception to the doubling up rule I'm sure it'd be better for him to be geared up for a year's PL racing in advance.

Phillips wasn't any better than Hughes/Chessell round Rye on Saturday so I personally wouldn't consider him. Plus he's a Peterborough asset and I don't think we need to be cultivating another team's asset when we have our own that could use the development time.

I could be wrong but I thought the doubling up age only came into play after a rider had spent a year doubling up. I think it may be too soon for Ayres, if there is a debut pl season exception to the doubling up rule I'm sure it'd be better for him to be geared up for a year's PL racing in advance.

Phillips wasn't any better than Hughes/Chessell round Rye on Saturday so I personally wouldn't consider him. Plus he's a Peterborough asset and I don't think we need to be cultivating another team's asset when we have our own that could use the development time.

Ayres' age does make him ineligible to DU this season. However when Chapman was signed by Plymouth despite being too old to DU it went to the BSPA and it was decided he could DU as the rule isn't designed to penalise late starters and Ayres would be able to DU also as he's in a similar situation to Chapman if a PL team came calling.

• Like 1