British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich Witches V Somerset Rebels 9-4-15 @ 7-30pm

Well having lost at Rye and getting battered at Peterborough it's a home match against the Rebels who traditionally don't like Foxhall very much and if we are are to have any chance of progressing in the League Cup we need to stop them getting any league points from the meeting.

Personally I think we have a good chance of achieving that goal but a few of the riders need to regroup, step it up a bit and get their bike issues sorted out PRONTO!

At least the weather forecast for this week is currently good and hopefully returning to home shale will be the filip required to get back to winning ways.

ippo will do ok, charlie boy has gone off the boil..

I think Ipswich are lucky that after our last meeting the next one is at home to Somerset, cos if was away then we would be out the cup. Also luckily for Ipswich they will thrash Somerset so everyone can then think again that Ipswich have title contending side, although at the moment we certainly haven't.

Never a happy hunting ground for the Rebels - not sure why? Anything but a heavy defeat will be a pleasant surprise.

Same as you always thrash us, both tracks a ridden completely differently, you may fair and bit better than usual though as lanham can sometimes score very well at Ipswich.

Hope Leigh has a monster meeting and scores well but I feel Ippo will come out on top by 10 points.

Fancy this will be closer than a lot of our Foxhall meetings v the rebels. Worrall , Josh and Kurtz are more than a match for our top 3. We need Rohan to find his form in this one.

Lanham and Wright could be as good as Cam and Ritchie if he isnt fully fit yet.

However i feel we are stronger at reserve

I said at the start of the season a lot would depend on Cam and Gino. At the moment Cam is looking like he could move up to heat leader so Gino and Rohan are the 2 worries plus Ritchie not being fit. Covatti is up and down and Stefan to me is struggling.

I think we can nick this by 4

With Lanham and Worrall in our side, we should do a lot better than we have done previously in the last few years - although I'm not convinced it will be enough. A point would be a brilliant result for us.

• Like 1

Im expecting a tough battle in this one. This is not a Rebels side that will struggle as previously.

Worrall and Lanham should give them the solid middle missing in the past and Kurtz is too good to continue his poor form at Foxhall. If Starke gets his teeth into it then it will be tight.

If we want to take the group we need to win and stop them taking a point. Anything less would mean needing to take something from the OTA which right now seems beyond us.

Prediction 50-43.

We really need to get the reserves going. That's an area I thought we'd have an advantage on most teams in the league but both of them look to be riding awful equipment.

I was never one who brought in to the theory that Covatti was a heatleader on a reserves average, simply because he done absolutely nothing for Birmingham in the EL, and absolutely nothing for Sheffield in the PL.

BUT, I did still think he was a shrewd signing on a 4 point average and capable of being a 6 pointer in this league.

Again I know it's early, but from what I've seen already I have my doubts that he can even achieve that.

He doesn't come across as the most professional sportsman does he? Turning up late at Rye (not the first time this has happened according to Sheffield fans), nearly missing the two minutes on Good Friday after farting about with his one and only machine etc.

Time will tell if he proves to be as good a signing as it originally looked, but at the moment I'm unconvinced.

I think Ipswich are lucky that after our last meeting the next one is at home to Somerset, cos if was away then we would be out the cup. Also luckily for Ipswich they will thrash Somerset so everyone can then think again that Ipswich have title contending side, although at the moment we certainly haven't.

I'm not too sure we would be out of the cup if our next meeting was away. I think we need to be careful we don't get too downhearted after a heavy defeat on a very tricky track that clearly didn't suit the majority of the team.

There is a lot of early season kneejerking going on at the moment. Rye went from wooden spoonists to potential champions after a positive few opening meetings, but then lost at home to Peterborough and suddenly people are unsure again.

Let's get half a dozen meetings under our belts at least to have a better idea of how good this side is.

Really, I was under the impression IPSWICH thought they could just turn up last night and would walk it, that was of course until Louis and TUNGATE looked over the fence and saw the track.

Don't write teams off too early, some take a few matches to get going and I was quite impressed with Somerset the other week.

• Like 1

Well I've only seen the home and away meetings against Peterborough so far this season and although the home win was comfortable in the end I thought were less than convincing for half of it .

The away meeting was just dire from 5 of the team so im gonna take alot of convincing that we are anything but a mid table side even if we hammer Somerset , mainly because we usually do .

On paper we look a decent team but how often have we said that only to be disappointed ? Teams don't ride on paper afterall .

I believe that we now have the genuine No1 that we've been truly missing in recent years but he needs back up and it's not an early season knee jerk reaction to be sceptical about our chances of success but to have two reserves starting a brand new season on clearly underpowered or unreliable equipment is pretty much unacceptable !

Obviously im hopeful it's just early season gremlins and things will come good , however im not as optimistic as I was at this stage last year and we know that ended with no success .

A win on Thursday is obviously important but I will be looking more at the overall performance and some signs of confidence in the riders and reliability in the equipment .

Edited by Super Blue