British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich Witches V Somerset Rebels 9-4-15 @ 7-30pm

So it was him at Foxhall on Good Friday.....

Most definitely was!!!

Having just read the team managers bit in paper, I can now see that he is perfect for the job.

Not seen that, anything of interest ?

No, it's just a total load of tosh that means absolutely nothing, just like everyone else has always come out with. Just my opinion though.

• Like 1

Not seen that, anything of interest ?

hold on i'll type it out........

Witches team boss Phil Hilton is hoping Monday night's heavy defeat at Peterborough was a "wake-up call" to his young side. The Foxhall Heath outfit were thrashed 56-37 at the East of England Showground, with only Danny King (16pts) making a decent contribution ~ Cameron Heeps was the only other heat winner for the Witches. And while Hilton is not pushing any panic buttons yet, he wants his team to take a good look at themselves.
'Yes. Peterborough are a good side and they had a track well prepared and heavy, how they like it." Hilton said.
It is what their riders' requested after two home defeats and it caught us out. But there are no excuses. I can't fault the efforts - that is not in doubt - but I would like to see more of a professional approach from some of them with their bike set-ups and their mind-set.
"We shouldn't be going to any track in the country with the team we have and not get 40 points. "I hope it's a wake-up call for a few of them."
The Witches were outgated and outfought on the big Alwalton bowl against a home side clearly fired-up for the contest. Peterborough had lost their previous two home League Cup encounters to Rye House and Somerset but in a tight League Cup South group, they have put themselves back in the frame with wins against the Witches and Rye House on Monday "Our League Cup group is up for grabs," Hilton added. "We have Somerset on Thursday at Foxhall and we have to win that and then pick up points at Plymouth and Somerset next week. "We can do that, the team is talented enough." One rider who escaped any criticism from Hilton - and the many Witches fans who travelled to the Showground on Monday - was King. 'Danny has come into the side and been the consumate professional," Hilton added. "His equipment is always spot on, his mind-set is strong. He's the best No. 1 this club has had for many years."
there ya go..... you're welcome :t:
Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 2

Just checked on updates - Stefan 5+1 tonight beating Kerr in heat 2 and Morris in his other 3.

Just checked on updates - Stefan 5+1 tonight beating Kerr in heat 2 and Morris in his other 3.

Was going to post the same, much better. Hopefully raised his confidence for tomorrow.

Between first and second bend? Thought it was him but wasn't sure.

Not sure where he stood, he was hanging round the pits when I saw him.

Also saw this. The good thing is he managed to complete all 4 heats and no apparent bike problems.

its just that starkey isnt spelt starke.

Correct. 'Starkey' has got a 'y' in it. 'Starke' is spelt the same as 'starke' though, capitals excepted!

Hoping for a much better performance by the Rebels tomorrow especially from Leigh and Richie. Surely we can't be any worse than 2014?

Rebels sure to give Ipswich a test at Foxhall this year. Surely anything gained by them tonight will put the Witches out of contention in a competition they have done well in the last couple of years. Think it will be close and could go either way by very few points.

Going on what we witnessed Monday, anything could happen. Apart from King and Camo the rest were dire! Ride like that again and there's only going to be one outcome.

Also saw this. The good thing is he managed to complete all 4 heats and no apparent bike problems.

the details on updates also stated he was chasing Kerr and putting pressure on him in the 2nd reserve race which is a positive sign

Going on what we witnessed Monday, anything could happen. Apart from King and Camo the rest were dire! Ride like that again and there's only going to be one outcome.

Dire? That's a bit harsh! Tungate 10+2 and Manzares 9+1 from effectively 4 rides done ok. Both have had better meetings yes, but dire is a bit extreme.

We won on Good Friday very comfortably and at no stage did we ever look like getting anything other than 3 points.

In this fixture, I'm not overly concerned about the returning Worrall or Lanham in the slightest.

Are people forgetting just how crap Worrall was for us last year? Massive flop and he hasn't started this season much better either.

He might well pop out and win a race or two, but he's not exactly a returnee that has me quivering.