British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Crayford Reunion 13/4/2015

If there are ANY ex-Crayford riders reading this unaware of the above event taking place at Central Park , Sittingbourne at the Invicta Pairs meeting next Monday, please PM me asap. Bryn Williams

What is the actual attraction in this for ex-Crayford riders? Is there some sort of reunion also taking place for them?

Have you read the title of the topic Mr. H?

What is the actual attraction in this for ex-Crayford riders? Is there some sort of reunion also taking place for them?

Another case of a thread title not giving any indication what the thread is about. Maybe if there is a Crayford Reunion on the 13/04/2015 Bryn could have incorporated those words into his title.

• Like 1

Is Pete Wigley attending?

Edited by The White Knight

The usual BSF responses. What I wanted to know was, apart from the carried date and title, actually what was planned for any Crayford riders who might attend.

What are you talking about, I was agreeing with you. I thought "Crayford Reunion" were a pop group who had sponsored a rider and had been listed in the programme instead of the rider they sponsored.

That sort of thing has been known to happen in the past you know

I wish people wouldn't do that.I always fear the worst when the title isn't clear

As we were saying...!

::::: The Kent Kings website give this update in regard to possible former Crayford riders who may attend the meeting:

"Special guests from Crayford’s past who’ve confirmed they’ll be attending include five riders from the ‘Class of ‘75’: skipper and New National League Riders Champion that year, Laurie Etheridge; ever-present heat-leader Alan Sage, who hails from Ashford; the hugely popular long-time track record holder at the iconic Crayford Stadium venue, Pete Wigley; Crayford discovery from that first year riding as the Kestrels, Bill Archer; and Alan Johns, the colourful character whose brother Roger rode for Canterbury and in the top division for Wimbledon. Other former Kestrels riders in attendance are the legendary Barry Thomas, who also built the training track at Iwade with his late brother Ivor; Canterbury-born Chris Tritton; the much-travelled Alan Mogridge, who holds the British Speedway record for having ridden for the most clubs in a 25 year-long career; and Les Rumsey, hero of the Kestrels’ National Fours title of 1980."

I thought Roger Johns rode mainly for Eastbourne 'Eagles' gustix.

I thought Roger Johns rode mainly for Eastbourne 'Eagles' gustix.

Think Roger rode for Eastbourne,then signed for Wimbledon,who loaned him to Canterbury?If my memory isn't playing tricks

Edited by iris123

Think Roger rode for Eastbourne,then signed for Wimbledon,who loaned him to Canterbury?

Ah - cheers. :t::approve: :approve:

Full Kent Speedway press release on the club's official website at: http://www.kentkings.co/ and further news under relevant topic in National League section.

I was right :approve:

Eastbourne,Wimbledon,Canterbury and Rye House.All the others were just guest appearances like you do

I was right :approve:

Eastbourne,Wimbledon,Canterbury and Rye House.All the others were just guest appearances like you do

Je ne comprend pas?????

Have to say gustix's question puzzles me! What does he think a reunion is..? A reunion is what it says on the lid really - people gathering together to meet up again and share memories, catch up etc.

And yes that's EXACTLY what our very welcome guests from the Crayford Kestrels teams of the past will be able to do on Monday at Central Park.