British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
graz gp

Sheffield Tigers V Plymouth Devils Premier League 09/04/2015.

It should be another win for the Tigers. The Sheffield lad's are all on the pace and have started the season in good style. The track should be back to it's best with plenty of shale on it. How the stockcar's get away with leaving the track in that condition is beyond me.

To be fair I think the constant rain from Sunday to Thursday morning had more to do with the track condition and no time to lay new shale. I'm told that 40,000 gallons of water were pumped from the drains and the track from Wednesday night to Thursday afternoon.

Plymouth should be a good meeting for the Tigers🏁🏁😜

I stand correcting but stockcar racing and speedway tracks don't mix.

• Like 1

SHEFFIELD: Simon Stead, Andre Compton, Ashley Birks, Ty Proctor, David Bellego, Josh Bates, Arthur Sissis.

PLYMOUTH: Ryan Fisher, Jack Holder, Sam Simota, Kyle Newman, Morten Risager, Sam Chapman, Ashley Morris.

I totally agree👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Looking forward to this one. I predict a Sheffield win, but by how much im not sure. Sheffield are more than capable of scoring big tonight.

Ryan Fisher, Jack Holder and Kyle Newman are the Plymouth dangermen for me. I hear jack likes the bigger tracks so he will be loving it tonight,

On a side note - does anyone know if there are closures/ junction closures between M1 junctions 41 and 36 ? Im travelling from Wakefield.

Regards,

Northbound, 41 was closed again last night as was 36 and 36a, don't know about tonight

Edited by The Third Man

it does at scunny but its all about the time they have to prepare the track between meetings. this past weekend the stocks were on till about 8.00 on sat night and the speedway started at 3.00 monday and the track was in a good condition for speedway this is due to the fact they would have been able to have all the time needed between meetings but at sheffield they cant maybe wont be able to do this as there are other things going on at the stadium that would stop them being on track.

Edited by southern1

No access for the track staff on Thursdays at Owlerton until 4.00pm because of greyhound BAGS meetings.

A good all round win for the Tigers. I like the look of Jack Holder he gave Steady a run for is money in ht1. The test will now come at Newcastle on Sunday.

• Like 1

Not a bad meeting, some decent racing. Holder looks like a decent prospect (or did until he binned it). Thought It was going to be a lot closer than it ended up being at one point, but we seemed to stretch our legs in the second half

• Like 1

Good meeting :approve:

Stead was imperious, Fisher showed he could be a bargain on that sub 8.00 point average, Sissis improves every week but the star for me was Holder.

Never ridden Sheffield before, he led Stead for three laps in heat 1, went round Proctor like he wasn't there in heat 5 and passed both Compton and Sissis in Heat 8 for a double pointer. Blotted his copybook a bit in Heat 11 by hammering round bend 4 and running out of room but this was still a pretty impressive show.

Laugh of the night: Squall Junior's reaction at catching sight of Spinny Junior.

Another good result and team performance.The acid test is sunday at Newcastle with them winning at Redcar.Small rough track not a good hunting ground for us in the past.Good luck to the lads .

its going to be worth going to all Plymouth meetings to see young Holder...what a prospect

Edited by Mike.Butler
  • Like 2

Another good result and team performance.The acid test is sunday at Newcastle with them winning at Redcar.Small rough track not a good hunting ground for us in the past.Good luck to the lads .

Brough is smallish at 300m, but is a technical track because of it's tight bends and long straights, hasn't been rough for quite a few seasons now, although I give you that it certainly was in the past.

Looking forward to seeing Stead after watching him at Ricky's meeting where he looked superb.