British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick V Edinburgh Lc Saturday, April 11

Craig cooks pass on doolan made a mundane meeting interesting for me tbh

Just as when I went to wolverhampton last season to see poole in a particularly similar mundane match darcy wards last to first in heat 13 made that match sometimes it's just one thing that makes a meeting

• Like 1

One thing that should be expected as a Berwick fan is that we generally don't win very much: ever!!!

• Like 1

It honestly doesn't really enter into their thinking.

Maybe it is because they are not too close to it?

They don't want to be the riders' mates, or the promotions' mates.

They just enjoy a night out at the speedway.

Sometimes the simple approach to life is the best!

Are these the same new supporters you met in town the other week? Or the ones you shared popcorn with?? ... :)

The diehards who know about speedway far out number the carefree fan, lose these and you are dead in the water imo

• Like 1

Are these the same new supporters you met in town the other week? Or the ones you shared popcorn with?? ... :)

The diehards who know about speedway far out number the carefree fan, lose these and you are dead in the water imo

Before I answer fully, could you clarify what is required to be classed as a diehard?

I don't think you get how Berwick fans feel..

Against Glasgow we were 12 up.. Yes, they had their TR in Heat 8 but then proceeded to go on and win by 5...

Tonight against you lot.. Heat 8... A 1-5 would have been VERY unexpected giving that Sedgman had not scored up till that point.. you then pull away from that point...

We seem to switch off somewhat in the 2nd half of a meeting.. happened last season too...

Must say... It does get very disheartening when you've followed your club for so long and still don't have much in terms of success that you've seen or can remember seeing (other than 2 4TT trophies; I don't remember being at Oxford for the Gold Cup even though I was).

It really is sad to read this... but things need to improve dramatically!

cant have been that old Sarah :) I certainly remember Oxford apart from heat 15 it was quite a night

cant have been that old Sarah :) I certainly remember Oxford apart from heat 15

Yep.. i was only 3 going on 4.. syrange though that i remember going to bradford that year.. I've seen the DVD you got for Mam and Dad :approve:.. Heat 15 marred what had been a stunning display from us... gone are those days!

Edited by Bandits4eva

Before I answer fully, could you clarify what is required to be classed as a diehard?

someone who supports their team through thick and thin, who cares about the result, status and wellbeing of the club, who will praise and have balls to criticize where due...yet still turn up, paying the dollars although unhappy...

someone who is only there for sonething to do and couldnt give a rats arse about the club, only interested in them having a nice evening is not imo.

• Like 5

I don't think you get how Berwick fans feel..

Against Glasgow we were 12 up.. Yes, they had their TR in Heat 8 but then proceeded to go on and win by 5...

Tonight against you lot.. Heat 8... A 1-5 would have been VERY unexpected giving that Sedgman had not scored up till that point.. you then pull away from that point...

We seem to switch off somewhat in the 2nd half of a meeting.. happened last season too...

Must say... It does get very disheartening when you've followed your club for so long and still don't have much in terms of success that you've seen or can remember seeing (other than 2 4TT trophies; I don't remember being at Oxford for the Gold Cup even though I was).

It really is sad to read this... but things need to improve dramatically!

My point is that it's only 2 losses in a warm up competition and the league hasn't started yet.

Peterborough lost their first 2 LC matches at home and have been outstanding since.

Wait till Barker is fully fit and banging in the big scores and see how you feel then.

There seem to be 2 big differences of opinion in here........

- one wanting the team to win matches and perhaps trophies

- the other wanting good racing

I seem to remember you lost to Monarchs at home in April last year and then won the next twice against us at home.

It can all change very quickly.

It could be a lot worse, you could be Plymouth!!

• Like 1

someone who supports their team through thick and thin, who cares about the result, status and wellbeing of the club, who will praise and have balls to criticize where due...yet still turn up, paying the dollars although unhappy...

someone who is only there for sonething to do and couldnt give a rats arse about the club, only interested in them having a nice evening is not imo.

OK, then I would consider myself a diehard.

I'm not happy clappy, I give my views to the appropriate people, good and bad, and do my bit to help out whenever I can.

What I really do not want to happen - because I really do care about the club - is a portrayal that nobody enjoys the sport via a few unhappy folk complaining almost hysterically.

That is the single thing that will make it impossible to sell to new people.

I really do mean it that guys who tell me they enjoy it for a whole number of reasons, not just passing, or how the track is.

One thing I would say that is universal is that when we don't put out a competitive team, then that would be a disaster.

We are not looking like a Plymouth at this point. If we were, then I would not be happy.

What I would be furious about is not having a speedway team.

I remember that in the past, and it is not a nice feeling.

Not to many diehards left now Eddie.

Certainly not many on here!

I was speaking to a fan tonight who started coming back last season and now comes to every home meeting.

They had forgotten how much they had missed it.

It does happen!

Maybe people who enjoy speedway are not the type who come on here?

must question your post,you spoke to a fan tonight and THEY had forgotten how much THEY missed it,could you explain before I get confused about your posts.

What I would be furious about is not having a speedway team.

I remember that in the past, and it is not a nice feeling.

I`m still angry now about our track,and what has happened to it...lorry park....

Awfully funny how the Mallett`s and MCL logistics got into bed together to screw the speedway track over....guess which transport firm was subcontracted to MCL...

Still too early to get disheartened Berwick fans. We were cock-a- hoop at Rye after 3 good wins on the bounce, then a home loss to Peterborough and it's all gloom and doom. A stunning 66-24 last night and everything is rosy in the garden again.

I'm told you kick off your PL campaign next week. A nice tasty win there and that could kick your season off.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Still too early to get disheartened Berwick fans. We were cock-a- hoop at Rye after 3 good wins on the bounce, then a home loss to Peterborough and it's all gloom and doom. A stunning 66-24 last night and everything is rosy in the garden again.

I'm told you kick off your PL campaign next week. A nice tasty win there and that could kick your season off.

Baby keeping you awake...or Sarah`s snoring?... :lol::P