British Speedway Forum
LagutaRacingFan

Is Rich Lawson The New Harry Kane?

AWESOME LAWSON !

• Like 1

Gating tart. Vary rarely pulls off a genuine overtake.

The second sentence applies to probably 70% of riders on modern machinery, but probably only 20% of riders are consistently reliable gaters, so you can't knock Rich for that. Having said that, he has been pulling off some pretty smart first\second bends lately, and if you are in front by that stage overtaking is not always the most needed talent.

Secondly, modern bikes are extremely fickle. The bike he rode at Kings Lynn last week didn't do much for him but he rode the same bike at Lakeside on Friday and got a paid max. All he he done in the meantime was fit a new ignition but that was the difference between struggling and flying but it's not an easy thing to find out what is lacking on a modern bike and sometimes riders go for weeks without being able to find out what's wrong while the keyboard warriors accuse them of not trying

Thirdly Richard is more well organised and methodical than many. The opposite of Lewis Bridger in fact. He keeps notes of set-ups and gearings and other details from track to track which give consistency. He has listened a and learned a lot from Dave Watt about racing lines and that seems to be paying off on his first bends now, certainly at Lakeside. It's surprising how many young riders don't listen and learn. Maybe he is not world champion material but he certainly has qualities that a lot of young Brits ought to be looking at and thinking about.

But the reason he has won Lakesides Rider Of The Year for the last two years is probably more due to the fact that he is a thoroughly nice bloke.

Edited by Daytripper
  • Like 5

My question is if you are constantly knocking out high scores in the EL why is there the need to double up..............

And that is not just aimed at Lawson its any rider...............

RP

Doubling up is not done for the benefit of the rider but to save clubs a few £££. Why bring in a Swede, Dane or Czech from abroad when you can get someone from the PL?

AWESOME LAWSON !

Think you mean Awsome 'roller' Lawson!!!!

Heat 13 last night was a prime example.................!!!!!!

• Like 1

If he keeps wining it will do for me.

There are not many genuine riders now who will miss the gate and win the race from the back! Perhaps a sign of the times, tracks/equipment!

I wonder how many more world titles Jack Young would have won if he could gate? Or how few Ivan would have won if he lost his skills at the gate?

You have obviously not seen Brady Kurtz in action then! He rarely makes the start and regularly comes from the back.

Gating tart. Vary rarely pulls off a genuine overtake.

Gating Thats what British Speedway is all about these days I'm afraid.
  • Like 1

He fell to earth with a bang tonight at Swindon

Kane doesn't score a goal in every match ;)

He fell to earth with a bang tonight at Swindon

The ref obviously stopped him from rolling every race!!!!!................He ain't so hot then!!!!

Had an off tonight by the look of it, but he's someone I've seen put in many a good performance. I expect more good things from him this year.

The opposite of Lewis Bridger in fact.

why are people constantly knocking Lewis? I have been fortunate to have met him on several occasions. :t:

A likeable, down to earth , methodical and downright honest individual - who should in my opinion be pushing Tai as the Number 1 GB rider.

Sure he's had his fair share of misfortune over the years and have been misguided by the likes of Horton/Rosco/Greer etc over the years.. but with a guiding arm around his shoulder and right sponsorship deal- he should be a nailed on number 1 for many years to come.

Support the young man don't knock him...!

why are people constantly knocking Lewis? I have been fortunate to have met him on several occasions. :t:

A likeable, down to earth , methodical and downright honest individual - who should in my opinion be pushing Tai as the Number 1 GB rider.

Sure he's had his fair share of misfortune over the years and have been misguided by the likes of Horton/Rosco/Greer etc over the years.. but with a guiding arm around his shoulder and right sponsorship deal- he should be a nailed on number 1 for many years to come.

Support the young man don't knock him...!

You should have posted this on April 1st :wink:

• Like 1

let's just hope he doesn't do a Cookie then.... the one and only massive gating tart :D

good luck to him.

Common-sense lot, the Cumbrians. Win from the tapes and minimise the effort.