British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Somerset Rebels V Ipswich Witches Pl 17-4-15

It's meeting day and nobody else appears to have started a thread for this one so here goes .

I would imagine that this will be another big home win for the Rebels even more so now the Witches are very likely to have to use RR for the injured Gino Manzares .

Given that the Ipswich record at the OTA is as equally as bad as Somersets at Foxhall I think the group will probably be decided on how well/how many points can be scored at the away meetings .

Here's hoping the Witches can at least make a match of it but im not holding my breath .

Edited by Super Blue

The Manzeres situation is equalised by Starke not riding leaving the Rebels vulnerable at reserve. I think the Rebs should have the top end under control , but in Daniel King the Witches have probably the top performer in the PL so far. Rebels to win for me but only by about 12 , can't see top 50's this time.

R/R for Gino makes Rohan the key man for me.

If we are to get any kind of positive result he needs to provide solid back up to Danny whom you would expect another decent score from as a matter of course.On last nights showing he looked quick and keen.

With Starke out it does provide a chink of hope that the lower end could take advantage of.

It is just hope though and not expectation.

Up the Witches!

Agree. Rohan definitely key here, if Hawkins can also get his season started properly I think a point is achievable. Having said that, Somerset are extremely good at home.

Agree. Rohan definitely key here, if Hawkins can also get his season started properly I think a point is achievable. Having said that, Somerset are extremely good at home.

I think Ritchie is borrowing an engine from Danny after his problems last night.

Rohan has definitely improved since he got his visa, maybe that was playing on his mind and affecting his performance. As well as Rohan, I think Cam holds the key as he seems to be struggling since the crash at Peterborough.

The reserve race should be interesting with Josh Bates coming in for Paul Starke. Can't see us winning, but hopefully we can nick a point but it's a long shot on past performances.

I know this isn't going to sound very nice, But we will definitely be stronger tonight without gino.

King rode at Somerset last year and scored 13 from 5. And yes rr for Manzares does make the Witches stronger. Especially with the form of Nielsen and Covatti. Hawkins and Heeps are key.

Witches to nick a point ?

Yeah if the foxhall rohan turns up and the away from foxhall Cameron. Stefan and nico will be okay so as long as Hawkins can chip in a few points we could get a point.

I expect Nielsen to score a fair few down at reserve, especially with us missing Starke. Tungate has been rubbish here previously, so more of the same tonight would do just nicely.

I'll go for Somerset by 8.

• Like 1

Going by the Witches previous record at the OTA a Rebels win by 28 is more likely than 8.

• Like 1

Going by the Witches previous record at the OTA a Rebels win by 28 is more likely than 8.

Completely different now though - you've got Danny King for starters, Nielsen at reserve who was always pretty handy around the OTA during his short spell with us (he got dropped because of his away form) and also Heeps who rode really well here last year, when he was in poor form elsewhere so I expect him to score a fair few later too. As I've previously mentioned too, no Starke either.