British Speedway Forum
semion

Kings Lynn Stars V Swindon Robins 22/4

I thought the meeting was a croc of ****. Total borefest. One racing line, One genuine overtake when Rory was pushed off the line by Zengota in 14. Lambert, for me was the star attraction and would have grabbed a paid max if he had of lifted on bend 2 in both heat's 1 and then again in 11.

As for that Mouth piece in the centre, surely upon surely that can find something better than that.

For Swindon Morris was very good, North and Harris hit and miss depending on where theywere after the first 2 bends.

Ok Lynn fans, what has gone wrong with the track at Lynn, and what needs to be done to bring it back to one of ther best racing strips in the Country ?

You have such a problem with the speedway at Lynn, I have to question why do you bother to go.

I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting. The evening was pleasant with little wind, delayed at the start because of the low sun but once started , the meeting flowed quite well.

Most races provided excitement in various forms, Some close tussles and determination. some leading by miles, but all enjoyable. People who moan about the track should watch that fiasco from Warsaw on Saturday. Last night was smooth, fast and safe. and people are still moaning.... Kings Lynn is a speed track . made to suit todays bikes . Gone are the days with throttle control governed all moves, now its high revving and wheels spinning. Once you ease off you're lost.

Last night there were some class moves and deserving winners.....

Its probably right to remember: You can please some people some of the time, but you'll never please everybody all of the time..... and what I saw night pleased me ...

• Like 2

I was unable to make it last night, sounds like I missed a decent meeting though from the updates I was getting.

Very happy that Lewis Kerr had a good night, and a pretty solid showing from the rest exc. Ash. I know he blew an engine after the last Stars home meeting, did he seem that slow or was he always in contention? I see he set a Plymouth track record the other night though?!?

Apparently the track was safe and there were working tapes?!? Sounds a lot better than the last meeting I was at : )

Onto Swindon, then onto the World Championship we roll!!!

I thought it was also a pretty decent meeting, not to much dust considering the sunny afternoon, meeting moved at a good pace, close hard riding especially from North on the TR where a Lynn 5-1 was obliterated as he rode through Kerr & Schlein. Good crowd and I am sure if Kildermand & Batchelor had been riding it would have been a lot closer. Bring on the Bees next week!

Edited by MartinH
  • Like 2

GRW, I of course respect your opinion, even if it differs from my own. I wasnt alone In thinking the meeting wasnt all that. No problems with the speed of the meeting, once the sun went down. In fact at times the 2 mins warningwas on before the result of the previous race had been announced.

Maybe yours and mine levels of expectability somewhat differ. I cant compare last night to the Grand Prix On Saturday, as i did not watch it. What I can compare it to is the entertainment value that has been served up at Saddlebow in past years.

Of course Lynn is a fast track, but it also gave riders an a chance on the outside. I dont recall seeing one rider having a go around the outside. If you look at the individual scores it tells it own story, where a rider Like NKI could make no impression on an opposing rider, on his home track, not once but twice.

• Like 1

I suppose when a tractor is unable to go on the track between heats and rip up an outside line for riders to use then you will get one line speedway, can't have it all ways?

• Like 2

Well I don't get all the negativity on here I thought it was a good meeting a lot better than the score line surgest- was a good team performance I thought - this team looks like getting stronger as season progresses . Big well done the Stars

GRW, I of course respect your opinion, even if it differs from my own. I wasnt alone In thinking the meeting wasnt all that. No problems with the speed of the meeting, once the sun went down. In fact at times the 2 mins warningwas on before the result of the previous race had been announced.

Maybe yours and mine levels of expectability somewhat differ. I cant compare last night to the Grand Prix On Saturday, as i did not watch it. What I can compare it to is the entertainment value that has been served up at Saddlebow in past years.

Of course Lynn is a fast track, but it also gave riders an a chance on the outside. I dont recall seeing one rider having a go around the outside. If you look at the individual scores it tells it own story, where a rider Like NKI could make no impression on an opposing rider, on his home track, not once but twice.

I watched Niels racing against Morris and was impressed with both...... For each of the 4 laps, Niels try all he could to get past, first outside than in, back to the outside again, but to no avail. At times like that, instead of moaning about the track, you have to say well done to Morris for the winning. He surprised me and rode exceptionally well. There's not many riders who will come and do that.....

• Like 2

Morris went past NKI in there first meeting, simply because Niels thought it was Kenny

Bloody nora, I had a fun night lol

I still reckon both teams should practice on the track before the meeting to make it totally competitive from the off. What do you think?

(Only just seen the post you have quoted as I have him on blocked)

Thanks TesarRacing. It's good to see somebody else who actually appreciates and enjoys posting on the sport we enjoy. Too many people come on here to be negative. With regards to the twitter reporter comments, I followed the updates on there and like many others do being as that's part of what Twitter is, I commented twice. Maybe he should also put me on block or not look out for my posts on either site. When you read through his posts they are often just negative towards other posters and very rarely about speedway, just negatives if it's not about Swindon which makes me wonder why he uses the site.

Really enjoying both EL & NL speedway this year

What absolute BS!!! I praised a lot of your fellow Coventry fans last year. I only had a problem with 3 of them (you, Champion and Sienna Ryan). Actually let me rephrase that. I only had a problem with 1 person!!!!! I even had a friendly £50 bet with SCB.

And the only other negative comments I make are when I see the biased anti-Poole rubbish being posted by the usual suspects!

• Like 3

So someone is crazy about speedway and wants share the joy and you knock it. I thought this is what speedway needed in this country rather than the usual negative, this is the end of speedway, wasn't like this in the 70's......blah...blah....blah!!!!

Although the user is on here a lot, I wouldn't say he/she is the only one who frequently posts. It always seems to be about speedway though or in reply to others which is the point of the BSF isn't it?

I find it refreshing to see people passionate about the sport especially compared to some sites I have been on.

(Thecoombdog - this post is not aimed in any negative way at you though as like some of your posts, just a comment )

Edited by Two minutes notice
  • Like 1

Although the user is on here a lot, I wouldn't say he/she is the only one who frequently posts. It always seems to be about speedway though or in reply to others which is the point of the BSF isn't it?

I find it refreshing to see people passionate about the sport especially compared to some sites I have been on.

(Thecoombdog - this post is not aimed in any negative way at you though as like some of your posts, just a comment )

Don't worry mate, i'm a grown man and even if it was negative towards me I can accept it! It would be very boring on here if we all had the same opinion!

My main point is she posts nothing of any substance. Its just boring rubbish. There are a lot of people who post on here more frequently than her but their posts are worth reading. Simple thing to do is just block her I suppose. I guarantee I won't miss anything interesting!

• Like 1

Well I thought it was a decent meeting aswell.Ok you don't get overtakes in every heat but believe me this never happened in the past neither.I have often thought speedway was better in years gone by but when you look at old dvd's,videos some of these tell you a different story.

Last night there was some close racing.Lambert and Wright had a cracking little duel with a bit of hard racing.North was hard but fair.Why point out a rider like NKI could make no impression,when the fact was Morris gated and never put a foot wrong,and indeed he was fast.Thought Bjerre and Harris had a good race too.Seems to me Bjerre will race against someone he knows he can trust on the track.

Well the group of us seemed to think there was some good fought battles out there.

• Like 1