British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Game On

The Mighty Bees Vs Belle Vue 24/04/15

I thought the atmosphere was flat again. Not having the start line jingles, modern music and a capable DJ/compare dosnt help. What has happened to Andy Williams as well? :(

I keep checking my phone for missed calls from Mick but I think he's lost my number 😉

• Like 8

I am interested in the decision for heat 15... Has Havvy said why?

Pretty simple really keeps the averages nice and low ;)

Pretty simple really keeps the averages nice and low ;)

When asked about it on Twitter, he just joked that teams at the lower end of the table also need points. Also said they already knew the 3points were safe going into heat 15.

Even though top of the table, the atmosphere does often seem flat. I don't think many people respond well to our announcer. I think another person to replace or support him would be a big bonus. Don't miss the start line girls and it proves they are not needed.

Edited by mdmc82

A mighty strange one putting Kylmakorpi and King in Heat 15 and that cost the Bees!

You have to assume that Havvy owes Chris Morton a favour so gifted him the league point. If not, BV owe us one. Or........the club saved some points money once the match was in the bag. One point to Kylma must pay less than a Harris/Andersen 5-1.

• Like 2

When asked about it on Twitter, he just joked that teams at the lower end of the table also need points. Also said they already knew the 3points were safe going into heat 15.

Even though top of the table, the atmosphere does often seem flat. I don't think many people respond well to our announcer. I think another person to replace or support him would be a big bonus. Don't miss the start line girls and it proves they are not needed.

Reckon the reason for the flat atmosphere is that 99% of the fans are more clued up than Peter York, and they totally switch off to his constant rubbish rambling and talk amongst themselves. honestly cannot see why they don't let Dave Hammond do all the announcing. Agree the music could be better though, not much to complain about though this season however.

• Like 2

Maybe unlikely but what if gifting belle vue a point cost coventry a play off spot? What if it cost another team a play off spot, you never know stranger things have happened

Maybe we just wanted to help Belle Vue challenge for a top 4 spot knowing we have an advantage over them. If it was me I'd have picked King and Bomber but it the grand scheme of things it shouldn't matter. Thought there was some good entertainment last night and passes throughout, Joonas had to work hard for his points!

• Like 1

Good Meeting, but the only problem tonight was with the starting gates where 1&3 were significantly worse than gates 2 & 4 - 32 points against 58, hence the main reason why everyone had middling scores, Gate 1 in particular was awful.

Nice to see a bit of new shale on the track and congratulations to Margaret Vardy who completed the main match by 9pm. A healthy crowd as well, Belle Vue are always a good draw, so everything is looking good for the Bees.

Good point about the gates - 10 wins off gate 4, none off 1. As someone else mentioned, can't remember a match where no rider got double figures, but the gate imbalance might explain that.

I thought the ref blotted her copybook in heat 11 when Robbo got a flyer and she called an unsatisfactory start. He didn't jump or roll, he just anticipated well and that shouldn't be penalised. In the re-start, Nicholls did the same, and she let it go.

• Like 1

Danny King gives his opinions on the track last night including the graveyard gate 1. I hope they get it sorted fast as need to be even better at home than away.

http://www.coventrybees.co/news.php?extend.3122

I would like to see Belle Vue make top 4, yes partly because it's our best away track but also because I like their team. However they have so far gained 4points from an available 22points. That leaves them a big task even at this early stage.

Edited by mdmc82

Had no tannoy on bends 1 & 2 for most of the meeting so didn't have to put up with Yorkie bleating out!

• Like 1

A mighty strange one putting Kylmakorpi and King in Heat 15 and that cost the Bees!

BTW - I liked the ginger one in Girls Aloud - well actually I liked them all

Not fussed on the one who sounds like a geordie but acts like a yank...name escapes me...seen her about on one or two things...apparently not fussed on cloakroom attendents..

• Like 1

I really don't like the new rule for the points.

If one team is gaining points, the other team should be losing them.

It's a nonsense that the home team can go into the last race with nothing to race for points wise, but the away team can still gain a point...

Correct ...anyone know the reason why they did change it ? must be some logic . As I have said the home side don't really look like they care about the away side getting a point thus far .

Had no tannoy on bends 1 & 2 for most of the meeting so didn't have to put up with Yorkie bleating out!

I almost popped round to the turnstiles to give them an extra £2 for the entrance fee ,as I thought it was worth it when the speakers went off around the first bend. :D

• Like 5

A nice win for the Bee`s. It was a bit disappointing to give the Ace`s a point but at least we didn`t lose ..Whilst its nice to have a few jingles I doubt very much it will be Micks priority ringing round DJ`s. Its about providing entertainment on the track that matters most, thats what brings the fans in.

Edited by dornier
  • Like 1

Correct ...anyone know the reason why they did change it ? must be some logic . As I have said the home side don't really look like they care about the away side getting a point thus far .

The logic is-as far as the BSPA said - is that home fans were going home disappointed with winning a match but dropping a point.
  • Like 1